2007-08-10 04:04:41

Hey all,
As I was most surely aware of, my summer has been great, but as you can tell, it did not leave time for dsg, and I regret it. I'm not going to sit here and give you a sob story, but I'd just like to say I'm sorry for the delay. To all my sound designers and betas from skype and such places, you guys kickass and I hope you haven't given up on me. I'm actually hoping the upcoming school year will be able to bring some structure to my schedule so I can finish all the wonderful things we're working on). For all of those who don't know what we're working on, our main project is dangerous waters(there is some information on the website and an old audio demo). Tehre is also a new audio demo in circulation, but there have been updates since that. But basically, just dw and I'm also programming a super mario bros game, hint, hint.
But yeah, that's everything in a nutshell and I hope to reestablish contact with the ag community soon!
Yours truly,
Tommy

2007-08-10 06:49:19

good to know your still around. keep up the good work. I've heard good things about dw.

2007-08-10 10:07:09

Hay Sk8, I was slightly wondering what had happened.

when you'd like me to continue beta duties, you know where I am.

Btw, Dw is indeed great, though the version I've got is incredibly old and has probably recieved some uba updates of doom!

With our dreaming and singing, Ceaseless and sorrowless we! The glory about us clinging Of the glorious futures we see,
Our souls with high music ringing; O men! It must ever be
That we dwell in our dreaming and singing, A little apart from ye. (Arthur O'Shaughnessy 1873.)

2007-08-10 13:02:49

get ready for an action packed game, known as dangerous waters.
programmed in just basic but not to be underestimated. just basic may be small and free, but this is the best game i've seen in it. and i mean it. i won't say much more, but there will be some unlockables, hint, hint.

2007-08-10 15:53:29

Will there be a demo? Like when its released?

Regards,
Tristan
Trek Games, inc.

2007-08-10 19:05:06

There, in fact, will be an audio demo when dw is released. Which brings me to this: dw will probably be shareware(a demo that you can unlock the full version by buying). Also note that dw will probably be selling for about 20 dollars U.S.

2007-08-10 20:21:58 (edited by Shadowcat 2007-08-10 20:22:36)

and what about the sight for the beta I can't download from it no more

"You know nothing of death... allow me to teach you!" Dreadlich Tamsin
Download the latest version of my Bokura no Daibouken 3 guide here.

2007-08-11 22:06:18

tristan, that was a bit spammy.

2007-08-12 03:59:17

Tristan, just know that the quality of a program has very little to do with the programming language it is written. Yes, I know different have pros and cons, but never say that basic is a bad language. There are programmers who use basic regularly, and are simpley astounding. They can come up with work-arounds for almost anything you can think of.
Also, for future reference, please refrain from speaking down to a developer. Until you prove yourself worthy, there can not be much credibility to that which you say. I consider myself a friend of yours, and I do not want to seem overly offending, but your "spammy" remark was very childish and saying things such as that will get you nowhere.

2007-08-12 04:15:54

Generally speaking I have to agree with the previous comment, but might advise taking the sting out of it simply by noting the spam-like quality of the repetition and then pointing out that the contained assumption is erroneous. While VB is clunky for some stuff from what I'm told, it doesn't mean a game can't be programmed with it and be worth buying. This kind of goes back to what I said about projecting a good image.

Check out my Manamon text walkthrough at the following link:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/z8ls3rc3f4mkb … n.txt?dl=1

2007-08-12 08:24:29

hi tommy, i too have been wondering about your whereabouts, i haven't picked you up on skype for almost the whole summer lol.
good to know your back again.
speak to you soon.
archer.
ow yo

Pay my respects to grace and virtue,
Send my condolences to good,
Hear my regards to soul and romance,
They always did the best they could.

2007-08-15 03:35:36

I am sorry. I consider myself a friend of of yours, too. And... Am sorry if you took offence. I just thought basic was well. for like notetakers and such.

Regards,
Tristan
Trek Games, inc.

2007-08-15 03:43:35

spam like quality of the reppitition? why do you say that

Regards,
Tristan
Trek Games, inc.

2007-08-15 18:52:33

Visual basic, while historically not very efficient, has its uses. Development has often been faster in VB for example. Now I've heard from a few people the newer version of VB is much improved in speed and efficiency.

But whatever form it is in BASIC is a language to be taken seriously. It can no more be dismissed out of hand as an effective tool than C++ to be honest.

cx2
-----
To live by honour and to honour life, these are our greatest strengths and our best hopes.

2007-08-15 19:15:12

Perfectly stated CX.
But on a more dsgish notes, I've just put the finishing touches on the super mario brothers audio rendition, but I need to go now. I will finish up the docs later, and put it into public beta!