2015-01-19 06:43:57

Many yarr ago, when yas was lucky to get 16 K on a floppy disk and when if yas could download one meg of data in an hour yas was lucky, when things was harrrrrd  and we had to really suffer for our games, ----- ooooh it ain't alike that now, all yee meddlin' kids don't know ya born! tis a sin I tells ya! And geeeet off moy laaaaand! Anyway, ---- this ol' man do ramble on, Phil Vlasac of Pcs games made a hole bunch of audiogames for Dos in the late 90's which a lot of people enjoyed but which can't be played on modern machines.

Pitermach however has somewhat changed that by creating a new version of Pcs Breakout, Phil's take on the arcade classic. Track the movement across the blocks and blast away with the space bar, with extra rewards for accurate shooting in four different modes, (and if you think this sounds too easy, wait until you see the speed!). As well as the original Pcs gameplay, pitermach has added a few of his own modes, such as the squeeze play and stretch which change the number of blocks in the wall, and some extra tricky modes to test your accurate shooting. In addition, you can play with the classic Pcs sounds and music or the new improved versions, where you will be blasting through walls of bricks, bursting ranks of balloons and going all mad chef smashing through walls of crockery.

You can Download the game here   and if your having trouble extracting the 7Z archive grab the latest version of the awsome 7zip from 7zip.org.

Leave your comments and cryticisms in Yonder thread

Now begone! with yee yeee young varments! this ol' man's gotta get some sleep, grumble grumble!

With our dreaming and singing, Ceaseless and sorrowless we! The glory about us clinging Of the glorious futures we see,
Our souls with high music ringing; O men! It must ever be
That we dwell in our dreaming and singing, A little apart from ye. (Arthur O'Shaughnessy 1873.)

2015-01-19 12:43:59

Slight correction. All four modes in this game are present in the original PCS version.

2015-01-19 22:13:57

@Dark,
For those who don't want to update their 7zip ,
I have put version 2 of Breakout on my web site:
I zipped it up rather than using 7zip.

http://www.pcsgames.net/breakout20.zip
Piotr Machacz is working on version 3 using letter keys as a Jaws alternate to arrow keys.
The reason his modern sounds are better is because we had to fit the game on a 1.44 mb floppy disk when we sold it back in 1998.
Theis ment using 8 bit 11 k mono sounds.

2015-02-09 17:05:39

Sorry to throw a wet blanket on things, but I'm not a fan of the rambly intros to the news bits. I know it's cute to some but this way of presenting news gets old. Particularly when trying to figure out what the heck is the subject when articles are shared on social media.
For instance, all one finds is 140 characters of gibberish on Twitter.

I don't mean any disrespect. It's just my opinion.