2015-01-10 18:11:52

Greetings, I am seeking help on lambamoo. I have recently got a core and have been trying to get set up.
I got it up and running on my server was able to connect to it fine, but when i try to log in as #2, which should be wizard it asks me for a password. so i went searching on the net.
I found many things saying the same thing. run in emergancy mode and change the #2 password. so i did the following.
../moo -e core.db core.db.test
it started up in emergancy mode. and then i did the following.
;#2.password = crypt("new_password")
it came up with = (and then a random set of letters and numbers)
i then quit.
i relaunch the moo and still can not sign in with the new password. can some one please help me. what am i doing wrong. is there another way to get around this problem.
i have searched and searched and every time it comes up with same thing emergancy mode. please help.

2015-03-03 17:18:30

Hello there!
When you start up  the core database for the first time, the wizard should not need password, typing:
connect wizard
should log you in.
Please bare in mind that once you change the passsword of #2, the MOO uses the standard Unix crypting mechanisms to crypt it. Hence the random numbers and other things.
Good luck MOOing!

As long as we code something, we are truely alive... But only when the code benefits our players, that's when we're high up in the sky! :)