2014-12-23 21:24:20

bah! Gamebug! what excuse be christmas for developers to overload a fellow with work! what, are there no recycle bins? are there no viruses? Why these miserable people think it is alright to deluge a news poster with a mountain of new games just because it's christmas I don't know, tis a sin I say! and a gamebug to the lot of them! bah!

First of these reprehensible people is that nasty fellow Aprone, yeah him! no sooner we update the database he goes and pulls more out, really the man is a game coding machine, ---- a very annoying machine! bah!
Swamp everyone's favourite undead murder first person fest has received a major new update. This one gets rid of some bugs, completely revamps the hardcore fort system, adds some new customizations for missions and generally is awsome all around. Find out all of Aprone's dastardly doings in This new swamp thread

Next are those terribly irritating people at Choiceofgames (now the rate they pull games out is really! unreasonable). not content with bothering us all with Choiceofrobots, they now have yet another new title. The last monster master is an interactive story/game in which you play as a monster trainer in a fantasy kingdom. Choosing to be harsh or kindly with your punishments, make warlike monsters or hard working golem, and go on to win a war or go down in history as the last monster master. it's all a real pain! you can read about this pestilencial offering Here on the forum, and remember that like all of Choiceofgames other damnable offerings the games can be bought and played on Ios, Android, or directly from the choiceofgames site.

Now that is it! Wait a minute? are those three ancient archive files of gaming past, gaming present and gaming to come? ---- Files which will show me the true spirit of new games? make me into a happier and less grouchy news poster? deeeeeleeeeeete! Bah!

With our dreaming and singing, Ceaseless and sorrowless we! The glory about us clinging Of the glorious futures we see,
Our souls with high music ringing; O men! It must ever be
That we dwell in our dreaming and singing, A little apart from ye. (Arthur O'Shaughnessy 1873.)

2014-12-23 21:35:53

Haha, nice post man.  big_smile

- Aprone
Please try out my games and programs:
Aprone's software

2014-12-24 02:16:34

This is a nice news post.
Now, I can't believe this. I'm posting this... on Christmas Eve, in the first hour of the day! While mine is not a news post, I just want to wish everyone here a merry Christmas in case I can't post tomorrow.
So, enjoy, and oh, where are those gaming files of past present and future? haha. Maybe they won't visit scrooge this year. I think he must have been visited at least fifty times now by the ghosts, haha. It's a fun story, heartwarming too.

2014-12-24 11:41:59

Happy christmas to you as well Aaron. I'll see if I can post a general Christmas message this evening or maybe even tomorrow, but for those who miss it I'll say it now.

Your right on Scrooge though, despite the thing being probably the most adapted book in history, Scrooge never learns and is as bad as normal next year big_smile.

Despite all the adaptations, there is also something special about Dickins original proes. I particularly love the scene (which is actually dam scary), of Scrooge meeting the two children of man, a boy called ignorance, and a girl called want.  I have the original read by of all people Patric Stewart (who himself made a really awsome scrooge in the channel four version, that scene with the two chilren was actually quite horrific). Stewart reading dickins' words is quite something, indeed Dickins himself used to o public christmas readings of the book apparently, just like the one you see him doing in the 9th Doctor episode in Cardif, The unquiet dead.

I also really like the adaptation "Scrooge" a musical from the nineties which was first broadcast on radio four. It made scrooge quite a commical character, albeit still extremely less than pleasant, indeed my only issue with Christmas Carol is whenever you see it as a musical, or sometimes as a play, Tiny! bloody! tim! can't! sing! Don't know why, I think it's supposed to be cutesy, but I always end up thinking if the little snit can't dam well carry a tune then I'd rather he snuff it and spare everyone the pain :d.

I also really like Blackadder's christmas carol, where the good and naive Ebaneeser blackadder, who is taken advantage of by everyone is visited by a ghost, shown his ancestors and becomes the selfish, vile, coniving blackadder we all know and love big_smile.

I love his "So what have we learnt? ---- that bad guys have all the fun!" big_smile. And his riffing off Victoria and prince Albert is hilarious as well. Then again being something of a fan of Victoriana myself, I suppose I probably would find that fun :d.

With our dreaming and singing, Ceaseless and sorrowless we! The glory about us clinging Of the glorious futures we see,
Our souls with high music ringing; O men! It must ever be
That we dwell in our dreaming and singing, A little apart from ye. (Arthur O'Shaughnessy 1873.)