2014-12-15 02:56:25

Many of you remember the 12 days of SwampMas song from last Christmas, and I've had requests to bring it back this year.  I have an idea that could crash and burn, but for the fun of giving it a try, here goes.

I have recorded myself singing the 12 days of SwampMas song.  It is terrible.  But that's because I can't sing!  big_smile  The reason for the recording is so that others can use it as a template to get their timing to match.  What I'd like people to do is to listen to the song while wearing headphones, and record themselves singing along.  By doing this, the timing of your voice will match mine and you will end up with a recording of only your voice, and not the background music playing from your speakers.

My plan is to gather up the recordings people send me and overlap them so that it sounds like a whole group of us are singing the song together!  Yay!

Assuming this actually works, I will then use the group song during the Swamp Christmas event that is quickly approaching.  If this crazy idea falls apart or sounds too horrible, I'll use a backup plan that I've already got in place.  I think there is a strong possibility that this will turn out to be a steaming pile of crap, ROFL!  But it might not.

So that's it.  I'm not shooting for perfection or anything, so even if you are as bad a singer as myself, feel free to join in.  If possible, try to record where we won't pick up a lot of background noise.  As more and more people's voices are added in, background noises would start to really pile up and be a distraction.

www.kaldobsky.com/audiogames/SwampMas.mp3

ADDED:
Well it would help if I posted the lyrics right?  ROFL!

On the first day of SwampMas, Aprone gave to me, a Behemoth the size of a tree.
On the second day of SwampMas, Aprone gave to me, Cancer causing shoes, and a Behemoth the size of a tree.
The song follows that pattern, and below I've listed all 12 days.  After each day you pass back through the previous days.

1st) and a Behemoth the size of a tree
2nd) Cancer causing shoes
3rd) Thick blast doors
4th) Story telling Grues
5th) Aggression! is taller, than, Cheeeesse!
6th) Rabbits on the moon
7th) Magic golden coins
8th) a Faulty Yetti ring
9th) Microwaving dragons
10th) Vader verses Q
11th) Finding all the numbers
12th) Matching stuff together

- Aprone
Please try out my games and programs:
Aprone's software

2014-12-15 03:03:23

Hahaha, seems fun. I'll give it a go. I suck at singing as well so, this will be fun.

You can add me on Steam.
Here is my Twitch profile page Follow me if you want.
You can also follow me on Twitter.
Kong!

2014-12-15 03:05:52

I just realized I had forgotten to post the song's lyrics.  smile
I look forward to hearing it Deng.

Hahaha, listening to the song, I sounded especially terrible at the beginning.  I remember feeling surprised that the song jumped in faster than I expected.  I wasn't quite ready, haha.

- Aprone
Aprone's software

2014-12-15 12:57:22

hi
very nice Aprone

2014-12-16 01:04:51

Greetings,
I'll probably give it a try as well. Lol, Deng, you should use Improvox.

I like to fly! I especially like to fly passed burning debris! wait, that's me isn't it. how unfortunate.
Hit me up on skype!
powergamer8

2014-12-16 01:23:03

O this sounds fun. I suck at singing but this does sound like a cool idea.

2014-12-16 12:11:19

man, you know how cool it would sound with improvox? hahaha.
I'll give it a try, to see how it turns out.

You can add me on Steam.
Here is my Twitch profile page Follow me if you want.
You can also follow me on Twitter.
Kong!

2014-12-16 13:12:14 (edited by Netta147 2014-12-16 18:38:58)

Ello all!!!
Hahahahaha, what an epic idea, Aprone!!!  This sounds like lots and lots of fun and I'm sure the end result might just turn out not to be all that bad!!! Singing is always beautiful or cool or whatever, as long as you enjoy it!
Here's hoping that your windows or ears won't shatter as you listen to all of us individually, lol!!!
"The best way to spread Christmas cheer is singing loud for all to hear." - from the Christmas movie called Ellf.
I'm definitely giving this a try!!! smile

@Rei_Netta147 on Twitter
lol!!!

2014-12-16 21:43:03

aprone I was not aware tthis existed.
is there a place I can get all the previous swamp mas songs from?
I won't be able to do it sadly I am not that good with singing as such.
I am also quite busy with bits and bobs but this is nice

2014-12-16 22:01:19

Hi Aprone,

I still have to find a comfortable way to know the lirix and the melody since it's the first time I hear this song. The thing that intrigues me the most is repeating everything ... big_smile For non English people, this really sounds difficult... big_smile

You'll hear from me sooner or later though, seems fun to do it ... big_smile

<- criticview
   aka
   akilor ->
My folding at home statistics

2014-12-17 18:21:11

Well this sounds fun, hopefully you got my mail and the attachment wasn't too huge (if so let me know and I'll send it with ss).

Hopefully lots of other people will join the hoard big_smile.

With our dreaming and singing, Ceaseless and sorrowless we! The glory about us clinging Of the glorious futures we see,
Our souls with high music ringing; O men! It must ever be
That we dwell in our dreaming and singing, A little apart from ye. (Arthur O'Shaughnessy 1873.)

2014-12-17 21:03:30

Hello all,
Here's two versions of the original song. First, to help with the melody, note that it takes a while to start as there's some intro, then for osme reason silence during it:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qyMOaROAz9I
And second, the song with the exact same lyrics, but done in a funny and rather joyous way, this is hilarious, the banjo on the left, and the guy in the center with his funny comments and stuff! Why does he say tn lords lepping, not leaping?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sX0ehZan4lk

2014-12-18 00:55:21

Thanks to Buzz and Dark for being the first guys to send me recordings.  Here is the current version with all 3 of us, and maybe singing along to this copy will help others more than try to just sing along to my original version.  More voices in the crowd can sometimes boost our own confidence when singing, haha.  big_smile

www.kaldobsky.com/audiogames/SwampMas3.mp3

Keep the recordings coming people!

- Aprone
Aprone's software

2014-12-18 09:40:48

@Aprone, what a motly crew? Is the idea to terrify all the zombies out of Swamp for christmas?

@Aaron, I do rather like that Banjo version, sounds like someone who was having a lot of fun with the song.

funnily enough 12 days of Christmas became something of a special for my colige in my first year at university. Lots of people had seen the Alan Partrage christmas special that had "and alan partrage in a pare tree" as the last line before he launched his catch phrase "aaahaa!"

So whenever it got sung in colige everyone used to chime in "aahaa!" at the end of each verse. The odd thing is this became something of a tradition, and even people who hadn't seen the Alan Partrage version started doing it, ---- how traditions start big_smile.

Another tradition was to sing the rings of five gold rings as loudnly and raucously as possible while hammering the table big_smile.

I think the best spoof I've ever heard though was a set of letters supposedly from the lady who'd recieved all these gifts on the twelve days of christmas. She starts off quite pleased with the partrage in a pare tree (and who wouldn't be, partrage is as nice as pheasant), then gets progressively annoyed through the successive birds, loves the five gold wings, then looses it at the swans and geese.

By the time you get to "why did you send 10 members of the local gentleman's club to leap round my lawn" she's totally sick of the hole thing, and tells the guy she doesn't want to see him again, whereupon the final letter is from her lawyer sighting devorce proceedings due to harrisment by marching band big_smile.

I don't know who wrote the letters, I've  heard them preformed at a couple of christmas concerts and they're really quite hilarious!
The odd

With our dreaming and singing, Ceaseless and sorrowless we! The glory about us clinging Of the glorious futures we see,
That we dwell in our dreaming and singing, A little apart from ye. (Arthur O'Shaughnessy 1873.)

2014-12-18 17:52:35

i didn't understand yet. Should i record myself singing in acapela? :d

i'll do it! or try at least.

After years, i finally changed my signature! But i don't know what to say :D

2014-12-18 18:33:43

@Gamecreator, what you need to do is ware a set of headphones and play the file of Aprone singing the song and sing along to it. Yes, this will result in a sound file with just your voice Acapela, but in  time with Aprone's accompanyment. Aprone will then splice your voice into the main file, thus resulting in a choire of lots of people singing the same song hopefully in time with each other.

2014-12-20 23:13:37

ok holy sh****t  who is  doing those amazing vibratos?
who's that, show yourself!

twitter: @hadirezae3
discord: Hadi

2014-12-20 23:16:41

Time is running out to join in on the song.  If you plan to record one, please make it soon.

- Aprone
Aprone's software

2014-12-21 19:28:30

I think the rather emphatic Vibrato on the "aggression is taller than cheese!" are my fault, I just had fun being very operatic with that line big_smile.

2014-12-22 15:59:23

Netta has joined in!  smile
www.kaldobsky.com/audiogames/Swampmas4.mp3

We're down to the final days for anyone else to join in.  I had quite a few people tell me they wanted to participate in this when it was first being talked about, so lets not have anyone regret missing out because they were too late.  Grab your microphone and headphones, and start singing.  big_smile

- Aprone
Aprone's software

2014-12-22 20:36:44

hi aprone
netta lin don't work

2014-12-22 22:46:37

Thanks sswwaaiikkee, I fixed the link.

- Aprone
Aprone's software