2014-12-12 05:16:19

Hi.

I am having a very odd issue with Audible.

I am trying to find a book on Audible in the Skulduggery Pleasant series called Dark Days. When I am not logged into the site, the book appears but I can't purchase it because I'm not logged in. When I log into the Amazon account htat is also my Audible account, the search turns up nothing. I tried copying the URL from the book page I got before logging in into the site when I logged my account in. Unfortunately, the page loads, but I don't have an option to add it to my cart or wishlist. What's going on here? Why is the book showing up when I'm not logged in, but it disappears when I log into the Amazon/audible account? Is this an issue with my account or the website? THis is very, very weird.

On another note, all the books past book 3 of the series don't appear if I log in, but they show up just fine if I'm not logged in.

Any thoughts/advice? I may consider contacting Audible, but I want to make sure it's not an issue or setting in my account somewhere.
Oh, could it also be Safari acting weird with Audible? I wouldn't doubt it, although Safari has never acted up with Audible.com in the past.

So, any thoughts/suggestions?

Grab my Adventure at C: stages Right here.

2014-12-12 21:35:08

The book isn't available in your market. That's the reason.

Just myself, as usual.

2014-12-12 23:13:46

Hi.

Is there a way to tell which market it's in? I tried setting my market to both UK and Australia but the book isn't showing up. It shows up just fine when I'm not logged in and I can even play the sample. And yes, it's in english, so I have no idea why it would be in some foreign language market.

2014-12-13 00:36:39

It's the publishers. Money-grabbing fuckers, the lot of 'em.

I'm afraid I don't know how to tell where it's available; I only know to log in before searching, to avoid that problem. It's bloody annoying though.

Just myself, as usual.

2014-12-15 02:55:16

Well, I tried all the markets available in the audible app with my audible acount. Any ideas? I don't how the book exists if it isn't in any of the markets available.

2014-12-15 17:51:32

I think that's just it, though; by signing in, you are telling Audible where you are and hence disqualifying certain titles. Even if you told them your country, they have your IP address. I think if they're hiding the book from you, they must know.

Just myself, as usual.

2014-12-15 18:46:28

Audible also has your address, ip, card info etc, or at least amazon does.

Deep in the human unconscious is a pervasive need for a logical universe that makes sense. But the real universe is always one step beyond logic.

2014-12-16 00:17:16

Hmmm, this is weird.

It makes sense though, since the informatiion in the account says I'm from the U.S. I just don't get why a book that is in English isn't in the U.S. market. This is stupid. I may have to resort to other methods to obtain this book if I can't use credits on Audible to buy it. Anymore suggestions, or am I out of luck with getting it from Audible?