2014-12-07 22:19:24

Hi, Trenton, man thanks, this is what I want...
I hope that accessibility in the native applications does not depend on the mark...
if I buy on Amazon can only be possible in inglish / USA language?
this model does not yet exist in Portugal.
I'IL try to inform me about where I can buy this model in Portuguese...
once more, thanks my friend.
cheers.

2014-12-07 23:04:04

Chromevox happily works with all Google supported Apps, Microsoft Office apps, and "many!" third party ones, even if they are "offline" style ones. Some apps are simply shortcuts to sites, such as the Facebook one, which I'm happy to say, FB and Twitter both on the web for example, work "amazingly" well!

As for buying this particular Chromebook, you can try buying it via the below link:
http://www.ipmart.com/usa/product/Toshi … rod=393175
, which does ship to your country.
I sadly do not know for Amazon specific sites.

2014-12-08 01:17:50

Waw waw waw.
was exactly what I wanted to know.
thanks for the link to buy the CB.

works with almost all native apps listed here? :
Read at the end:
this is fantastic, bearing in mind that this screen reader still has a little time of life...
Trenton, seems to me that the group accessibility CB the CV has little traffic.
now I am sure that I am already registered, but not yet received nothing of group
already send a msg for my presentation and asked to answer me.
until now still no one has answer me.
  to make sure that everything is fine.

daily
If you want to ...
A Chromebook, you can use ...
Save a file
Google Drive or Box
Read my email
Gmail or other webmail services
Organize my events on a calendar
Google Calendar or 1calendar
Write a note
Scratchpad or Quick Note
Talk to friends and family
Google Talk or IMO
See a movie clip or TV show
Netflix or YouTube
Edit a video or film
Stupeflix or YouTube Video Editor
listen to music
Pandora, MOG or Google Play Music
Organize and save my music
Google Play Music or mSpot
Edit or create music
BeatLab
Edit, organize, and store photos
Picasa Uploader or Pixlr Editor
Draw a picture
Sketchpad, wall or Sumo Paint
Read a book
Google Play Books
Follow your favorite sports teams
Sports Illustrated
Get the latest news and meteorological information
New York Times or WeatherBug
Find travel information
Hipmunk or Wanderfly
Find local business information and directions
Google Maps

Qbox, Coloring Pages or Planeto Quiz
Find new recipes
if you want to...
in chromebook may use...
implementation comparable
create a Google Docs document

word, pages,
create the
leaves
Excel spreadsheet, numbers
create a presentation

PowerPoint presentations, keypoint
take the note
scratchpad
Notepad, notes
organize and play music
Google play music
iTunes, Windows Media Player
edit the picture
open image from the application files
gimp
make calls and Skype video chats
hangouts

write and send by email
Gmail
outlook, MAC mail
organize your calendar
calendar
outlook, ical
find and save files

files on my computer, the finder

2014-12-08 02:04:37

Ah yes, Microsoft Office can indeed be used on a Chromebook. You can find the apps within the Chrome Web Store. Please note, you'll need a Microsoft Outlook account, in order to use the online office apps.
You can also use Google Drive, and set up your Chromebook for Offline mode, to edit documents when a connection isn't available. Please see this Chrome Help Support Page, for more information.

2014-12-08 03:15:50

rofl I can't wait until someone makes a vm that works with chrome so you could run xp tiny and play smaller audio games.

2014-12-08 03:27:29

Hmm. It is certainly possible...
Not sure about the XP thing, but there was an HTML5 version of "Descent  In To Madness," awhile back, which "only!" worked with Chrome family products.
The links around here somewhere, though I doubt it stil works now...

2014-12-08 23:13:01 (edited by Sebby 2014-12-08 23:44:26)

I have my Dell ChromeBook 11.6 (4 GB). Apparently, I just couldn't wait any longer. big_smile

Now, I'm looking at the Chrome Remote Desktop app. I dunno if I like giving access to my boxes to the big G in the sky, but, apparently it does send audio over the link (but only for Windows, not for OS X). Anyone know if the story is good for us, or not?

As for network file access, well that's much more of a bitch than I had hoped. But as long as you can configure a web server to serve up the goodies, it can work. I don't want to put data into Drive/Box/whatever, and I don't want to root my device, either. Details here.

There is a javascript implementation of BitTorrent, called JSTorrent, for ChromeOS. OMG!

Just myself, as usual.

2014-12-09 03:35:25 (edited by queenslight 2014-12-09 03:40:59)

100 Chrome Tips (Times 2!)

Thanks to the folks over at Chrome Story , I bring yall "two" fine resources to share, if you wish to be a Book/Box/Base Chrome OS user.

First up, we have 100 Awesome Google Chrome Tips and Tricks! , to get the most from the "browser side" of Chrome OS, in this case.
Following the success of that original list, comes100 Best Chromebook Tips, Tricks and Time Savers , which applies to any Chrome device, though not all tips work on each one of them.

Got any "extra" Chrome tips that Chrome Story may have missed? Please, do share, as we roll along!

2014-12-09 12:59:01

Hi seppi, welcome to the world Chrome OS.
nice chrome Book Dell.
congratulations.

hi Trenton.
thanks for sharing.
I liked very much,this:

HTTPS: / / chrome.google.com / webstore / detail / jstorrent / anhdpjpojoipgpmfanmedjghaligalgb? HL = en

and this,
HTTPS: / / chrome.google.com / webstore / detail / jstorrent / anhdpjpojoipgpmfanmedjghaligalgb? HL = en
thanks.
cheers.

2014-12-09 23:38:43

Dell has listed the keyboard shortcuts, which really aren't all that specific to Dell. FYI you can press a combination to look up the shortcuts for your machine; I think it's Ctrl-Alt-Slash.

Just myself, as usual.

2014-12-11 01:23:08

please someone help me with these questions.
I send this message to group chrome OS accessibility but no one answers me.

Hi folks.
I would like to ask you a few questions:
 1. someone can explain to me if Google added to the chrome vox new Sint engine of voices Google, or are still limited to the Sint engine peco.

for example:
 in talkback for Android, Google allows us to download the Sint native voice Google.
 soon will buy a CB and use the CV and how I'm from  Portugal would have to use a Sint voice language Brazil native of Google.
 becauseThere is no language to Portuguese to native Sint of Google,
 is urgent for me to know about this question because dependdo her to buy the CB.
The system allows installing other types of Sint voice?
The system has Sint voices included?
 for example:
 on windows, the system has Sint of voices sapi5.5
 if I buy a CB in Portugal. The chrome vox is already translated to Portuguis?
Or the chrome vox is only translated into a single language for all countries?

thank you all.
 cheers.

2014-12-11 01:59:43

Sadly, your messages to the AxS chrome list have not gone through it seems to the list.

2014-12-11 04:31:36 (edited by queenslight 2014-12-11 04:35:54)

Other Chrome Communities

Besides the AXS-Chrome-Discuss Google Group, the Accessible Google Group, and "Ours , here "two" Google Plus communities worth checking out. They are Chromebooks , and Chromebook EDU (Education.)

As a "Bonus," there is also the ChromeOS "subreddit," part of ReddIt

2014-12-11 21:03:20

Chromebook mythbusting: What a Chromebook can do when the internet goes down!

The heading above, is the "exact" words which title This fine article from the Newmind Group Blog. It amazes me how many people do not take a trip on over to the Offline Enabled section of the Chrome Web Store.

2014-12-12 20:41:50 (edited by Sebby 2014-12-12 20:44:41)

This is going as well as you would expect from the Interwebs, really.

@Mario, I'm afraid I don't see your posts at all. You may wish to double-check you are subscribed; do it by email; send a note to [email protected] to get started.

@Trenton: absolutely, this thing really is just a client for apps, which provided they're written in javascript, run on or off line. And Google will make damn sure you can't tell whether you're running an app powered by javascript. It really is impressive. smile

Just myself, as usual.

2014-12-13 23:18:15

The Chromebook Journey Begins!

I am now typing to  you all, on my "brand-new" Acer Chromebook 11, where I'm about to set a timer for a pizza via the "omni" bar!

BTW, to answer a quesgtion dealing with the Google TTS voices, I can confirm that the Portuguese language voice is an option among the "select language" screen, once ya turn on your chromebook/box/base. And unlike with the Chromevox extension, the voice actually "works!

I'll do an audio demo of the Acer CB 11 soon... Tried doing an unboxing recording, didn't work out sadly thanks to a certain tabby Grey cat.

2014-12-14 08:30:21

hi Seppi.
thank you friend.
I will try again.
maybe this time I'll have better luck ...
cheers.

2014-12-14 08:49:22

i Trenton, good news you give me.
it was very good to hear ...
I wish you a good journey with your chrome book.
you have to be careful because I think your cat wants to steal the chrome book from you ...
ok, nice demo.
thanks for everything.
cheers.

2014-12-14 09:12:22

hi Trenton and seppi.
I did the subscricion again,    but I got this message back:

We have received a request to join the axs - chrome -discuss group.
You are already subscribed to this group.

I  do not understand why not get the messages of the group in my mail thunder bird.
some tips?...
cheers.

2014-12-14 20:39:42

I haven't seen a single message since the last time I wrote. It is either very, very quiet, or the moderators are filtering mail, or something. Hopefully, we can answer your questions. If not, I'll let you know what happens when I post there.

Now, as to ChromeVox generally, one truly annoying aspect of this is that you sync between desktop and ChromeBook, and they behave differently. I don't see how to reach EG the address bar using desktop Chrome, whereas it works fine on the ChromeBook.

And does anyone know how the f*** you select items from pop-up menus? For some reason, I hear the value, but when I do CV+Space, I can't hear the values I'm selecting. How do I select an item without closing the box, checking the value, opening it again, etc? Frustrating; help appreciated.

Just myself, as usual.

2014-12-15 05:06:29

ok Seppi.
I think the problem pop -up menus, it is a bug.
I heard that in the group online.
cheers.

2014-12-15 06:14:45

Ah yes, pop menus are a bit of a challenge.
I just upgraded my chrome OS to the beta channel.
Which site were ya trying to work the pop menu with?

2014-12-15 17:43:42

I just tried it with ChromeVox options panel. That's affected. Just realised too--I'm on Canary, because I thought it'd be a harmless excursion. I'm very glad I tried it! In CV options it's especially irritating, because of course that's where you choose your voices etc.

Just myself, as usual.

2014-12-15 21:17:21

Ah, in that case, press cv-comma. It'll bring up the combo box like a context menu. Quite clever if ya ask me.

The strange part with using Chromevox on Chrome OS, is removing apps that isn't an extension. You do it via the "Launcher," with alt-shift-l, then hit space or enter on the "Apps" button. Easy right? Though trying to  "right click" on the icon once you've navigated to it, is hit and miss. On a Chromebook, you right click by holding two fingers down on to the trackpad, then "tap" once.
Somceimtes it bring up the right menu, other times it brings up the menu for the sehlf itself. So I've been experimenting with that.

Of course, aq lot of the apps out there are still just shortcuts to web sites, so I'm not missing too many apps themselves. Plenty of default Google apps are already preinstalled too. Note by the way, the Hangouts app, unlike the "extention" or on "Google Plus," or even "GMail," does not say "anything!" I'm talking about the Hangouts app for Chrome OS/Windows only. Well, officially for Chrome OS/Windows anyway...

2014-12-15 23:07:44

Hi Seppi.
I want ask you a favor.
you have the user manual of your CB Dell?

I will buy a CB Dell like yours.
if you have please send to me.

cheers.