726 (edited by JasonBlaze 2017-02-05 14:45:36)

Well,since this is a mud/moo , there is no external game readme/helpfile, you could found all of the helpfile from inside the game or from the websight, Idk if prome have one though

Thumbs up

Well, there is a read me in the soundpack, about some keys / commands. But Jason is right, you can get all help you need exactly within the game. And sorry, I think mush version is even higher than 5 now tongue
As far as I know, the soundpack which on the site isn't working, but maybe hosts fixed it, not sure. You can grab others though, still, as a portable edition for example. And if you wanna put this pack in already installed mush, guess you need to put it in the worlds or something like that, and sounds... Well, in the sounds, folders. How ever, I'm not using the installed client, both games I'm playing with mush are portable ones.

Sincerely yours... Lucy.

Thumbs up

Sorry for asking too many questions. But where can i get the portable mush-z?

Thumbs up

For this the forum has been created, for asking questions big_smile
I'll post a link here, but let me know if it won't work for you. This pack made by one of the players, and he has it in db, but the link seems to behaviouring a bit wierd: for some people it doesn't work, for others it does. So if it won't work I'll share with you this in a different way.
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/bfs14geh1n5d … UnDKa?dl=1
There is a bt sinc key as well if necesary.

Sincerely yours... Lucy.

Thumbs up

This is the file I've just downloaded yesterday.  Just some clarification. Where should I extract the zip file?
I'll tell you what I did. After I downloaded the file yesterday, I created a folder and there I extracted the files. And I go to the directory of my mush-z\world, and created a folder named Prometheus, and copied the plugin called Prometheus.xml and pasted in the folder named plugins.
After that, I copied the sound folder and pasted it in the Prometheus folder.
Now I open mush-z and it says "Welcome to Alter Aeon" or something like that, then I press CTRL F4 to close the Alter Aeon. I then proceed to open the file by going to the file menu and clicking open world, but before that, I first added the plugin of Prometheus.xml Ok I open Eternal Wars.mcl and this is the error that I received.
Line   13: Plugin requires MUSHclient version 4.96 or above (Cannot load) 
And it cannot load also the plugin. Now I am confused because it requires mush-z v 4.96 where in fact, that version has not yet been released. Is there a need to unload the scripts in Alter Aeon that's been triggered by mush? if encase there is, can you provide me instructions on how to do this? I really thank you for being such kind and helpful person. Hoping that I can playi this game. Thanks. And Have a nice day. smile

Thumbs up

Sorry, but you don't have to do anything with it. It's a portable version, you just unzip and run the file called MUSHCLIENT.exe. Unzip it in the same folder, it'll be easy for you. And it opens Alter Aeon cause this one you're trying to proceed with, is made for alter aeon. Of corse you can insert pluggins, xml files etc there, but it's not a good idea cause if you don't know how to set it properly you will mess up the whole thing. And why even you have to do it, you, as I said before, have a portable version. Just follow the link I've posted, and if you've downloaded this file already, unzip and run it.
Have a good day!

Sincerely yours... Lucy.

Thumbs up

Hahaha I see!
But I've run the mushclient.exe and it says like this.
C:\Users\Faelnar\Downloads\EternalWars\MSVCR110.dll is either not designed to run on Windows or it contains an error. Try installing the program again using the original installation media or contact your system administrator or the software vendor for support. And I've tried running it as an administrator. And my operating system is window 7. Do I have to switch to windows 10 so that I can play?

Thumbs up

Hmm, sorry, not sure about that one. In fact it should work on windows 7 too. Have you exactly the clean client installed, or you have it for Alter aeon and now this one?

Sincerely yours... Lucy.

Thumbs up

I have mush-z for alter aeon and also this soundpack. And I've deleted the dll file so that i can play prometheus but it's without sound

Thumbs up

Well, as far as I know dll is a library, so if you will delete it you won't be able play sounds, I mean the client won't be able to.

Sincerely yours... Lucy.

Thumbs up

Hihi, I thank you for helping me. Now I can play and, it was  a successful operation. What I did is to move to Malacia, and Malacia to pyrian home base. O by the way, is there a discription of each ships? For example shuttle? Is it for cargo halling or what?

Thumbs up

shuttle is   usually use for salveging, type help sal for more information

Thumbs up

Shuttle is being used mostly for debris salvaging, and moving on a short distances. Almost every ship model's name in this game explains itself.

Sincerely yours... Lucy.

Thumbs up

739 (edited by chrisfaelnar 2017-02-11 02:27:01)

Hi guys. What if I bring a ship that is not capable of hauling asteroids,and trying to find an asteroid, the computer will not alert me even if alerts asteroid is on? Haha sorry for too much repetition of words.
What I would like to do is i wanna try mining asteroids. I bought my vehicle transport together with my mining vehicle.

Thumbs up

It will, the command alerts on will help ya.

Sincerely yours... Lucy.

Thumbs up

Did anyone of you get the soundpack from the Prometheus website to work? And if yes, how?
I've pasted the soundpack into the program files folder under VIPMud2.0.

I'm a great kitchen golfer, you'll see,
so, come on!
Let's play golf in the kitchen!
Cause I'm the great kitchen golfer!

Thumbs up

Sorry, can't say anything about that one, using mush client, which official soundpack doesn't work too actually. But there is a portable version.

Sincerely yours... Lucy.

Thumbs up

I'm using VipMud

so, come on!

Thumbs up

To get the soundpack from the prometheus website to work, you've got to unzip it. paste the folder called prometheus into your vip 2 directery, then  paste the prometheus  sounds folder into your vip 2 sounds folder.

and welcome to prometheus.  where you've got a good team of helpful hosts!

I'm a blue eyed, pale pink, kitten.
A blue-eyed, pale pink, kitten that can smash the smashing out of people.
I'm mew, and you're going to get smashed.

Thumbs up

The soundpack installer is an .exe file, not a zip file, I've extracted the prometheus folder into the vipmud2.0 folder and into the sounds folder, but it doean't work.

so, come on!

Thumbs up

VIP soundpack working for me but producing a lot of errors, revolving doors do this, as well as people with strollers

Friend me on Steam
and follow me on Twitter

Thumbs up

hi all,
I have forgotten my password for the Prometheus account.
How can i change the password?

Thumbs up

Do you have the log of the last time you played? If s, and if vipmud was your client of choice, then your password should be in a log fole. The trick is rememberingthe last time you logged in and played.

All that is gold does not glitter, Not all those who wander are lost; The old that is strong does not wither, Deep roots are not reached by the frost. From the ashes a fire shall be woken, A light from the shadows shall spring; Renewed shall be blade that was broken, The crownless again shall be king.
DropBox Referral

Thumbs up

Hello Cw,
unfortunately I don't have the logs of when i played last.
Firstly because that was may be about 7/9 months ago, and also because i changed my system.
though I did use vipmud, I have no data to work with.
thanks for your suggestion, I'll see If i have a back up some of my old files..
Thank you..

Thumbs up

Other then the logs, I really can not think of a good way to regain your password. I need to double check this, but when are accounts removed? Knowing this bit of info might be of help. Just wondering though.

All that is gold does not glitter, Not all those who wander are lost; The old that is strong does not wither, Deep roots are not reached by the frost. From the ashes a fire shall be woken, A light from the shadows shall spring; Renewed shall be blade that was broken, The crownless again shall be king.
DropBox Referral

Thumbs up