2016-08-02 18:56:32

Hello!
Yes, prometheus 2 is still worked on. Currently I'm working on a stat system, and twiddling with new skills to add.
The stats would be something like accuracy, agility, endurance, and strength, and they would be trained in a rather unique way; by recreational things. You could train endurance by swimming, strength by weightlifting and boxing, agility by running, and accuracy by target shooting, for instance.
If you have ideas as in what else should be added, let us know.

As long as we code something, we are truely alive... But only when the code benefits our players, that's when we're high up in the sky! :)

2016-08-03 05:40:50

* Minibars and new food bots: You can now add, remove, and order items, and reset the memory banks. When using the machine, you will be given a menu of actions. Enjoy!
* Skills: Added hand-to-hand combat as a skill category, and the first skill thereof, disarming! The command is, well, disarm name.
* Disarming: Added a new skill, 'titan grip'. It is passive and you attempt to use it every time someone tries to disarm you. If succesfull, your character will stop the attempt dead on its tracks, even if it would otherwise succeed.
* Hand-to-hand combat: You can now fight automatically if you so wish! The command is 'fight name'. And yes, even the lores do fight back! The command is a toggle; it starts and stops the battle.
* Fighting: If you move to a different room, the battle automatically stops.
* Added a help file about hand-to-hand combat.
* Fighting: Made sure you can use hand-to-hand combat in auto-mode against the alien creatures.
* Skills: Added a training system! Each skill can now be trained up to 20 percent, and you can train each skill once in two days. The command is, well, train. Also, each training session costs 50 million credits, so to train all the skills from 0 to 20, you would need quite a pile. P.S. All skills can now be upped to the great percentage of 100, but they all start from 0 as well.
* Skills: You can now type the skill to view. For instance, 'skills disarm' would view your disarming percentage.
* Skills: You can see all skills when using the 'skills' command, but you can not train tailoring before status 50, for instance.
* Updated the base claiming help file with some more info.

As long as we code something, we are truely alive... But only when the code benefits our players, that's when we're high up in the sky! :)

2016-08-04 23:14:12

I tried to connect to Prometheus today, and when I do, I just get username, then password, but no matter what I try, I get invalid username or password.  I can't seem to connect as a guest, and there is no information on how to connect.  Help please?

Thumbs up

2016-08-05 04:19:09

Hello!
You seem to have attempted to connect to the new version, which is on the works. Please be kind and change the port from 2223 to 5551.
- Jack

2016-08-06 10:14:40

hi I don't know how to Registered

Thumbs up

2016-08-06 22:59:19

I have a problem when trying to register.  I hit "N" for new user.  It asks for account name, I enter JLove.  It asks for password, I give a password.  Then I confirm it.  Then this is what I get:
Email address:
#0:bf_Read (this == #0), line 12:  Permission denied
... called from #10:email_for (this == #10), line 3
... called from #10:new_password (this == #10), line 38
... called from #10:new_username (this == #10), line 17
... called from #10:new (this == #10), line 34
... called from #10:usergroup (this == #10), line 24
(End of traceback)
Any help would be appreciated.

Thumbs up

2016-08-07 02:08:50

sounds like something jack is going to have to sort out there. I don't think it's anything that you are doing.

Thumbs up

2016-08-07 17:47:54 (edited by JLove 2016-08-07 17:49:40)

So, I tried logging in again, just to see.  The following is the output text at every step of the process:
[Input]
n
Welcome to Prometheus!
Please enter your desired username:
JLove
Please enter your desired password:
Confirm your password:
Email address:
... called from #10:email_for (this == #10), line 3
(End of traceback)
What is going on?  Help, please.  Thanks.

Thumbs up

2016-08-07 22:39:57

Hello!
The problem with the email address input field has been fixd.

2016-08-08 22:34:59

I thought you said the email address issue was fixed?  Not quite.  Whatch what happens when it's time to confirm the email address.  Here's the output for each step of the process...again.
[Input]
n
Welcome to Prometheus!
Please enter your desired username:
JLove
Please enter your desired password:
Confirm your password:
Email address:
[email protected]
Confirm email address:
... called from #10:email_for (this == #10), line 13
(End of traceback)
What in the world is going on here?  This doesn't make any sense at all.

Thumbs up

2016-08-09 13:56:57

Hello!
Sorry about that, I've confirmed that the email issue has been fixed now. I did not receive any errors at all when creating a temporary test character.
The thing you were receiving is what's called a traceback, and you saw the weird-looking numbers and other stuff because you were not logged in yet. As a logged in player, you'd see only a message notifying you that there's been an error, but since you were not logged in when this happened, the game told you the more cryptic version.
-jack

2016-08-09 17:29:16

Jack, ok, first problem solved.  It sends me a code to my email address.  I then reconnect, this time choose player as my user group, and then I am prompted for a username.  When I type JLove, which is what I chose initially, I get the following message:
[Input]
p
Username:
JLove
Username not found. Please retry.
Username:
...and repeat.  So where exactly am I supposed to put the code that I received?

Thumbs up

2016-08-10 21:16:18

Ok, I tried to connect once more just to see what would happen.  This time, it actually let me connect with my account, but I got another error.  Here's the process:
[Input]
p
Username:
JLove
Password:
*** WELCOME BACK TO PROMETHEUS! ***
Confunc failed: Invalid indirection.
... called from #0:user_connected, line 24
(End of traceback)
Why am I having so many issues with my account?  What in the world?

Thumbs up

2016-08-11 06:56:25

Hello!
It seems that, because your account was created in an unusual way (having errored a lot, multiple attempts to create and what not), its location was not properly set. I have just fixed this.
-Jack

2016-08-14 23:01:40

LOL. I clearly can't log into my account because my username is just two characters. What did you change to cause this problem? Must had made some kind of change over the last week or so…

All that is gold does not glitter, Not all those who wander are lost; The old that is strong does not wither, Deep roots are not reached by the frost. From the ashes a fire shall be woken, A light from the shadows shall spring; Renewed shall be blade that was broken, The crownless again shall be king.
DropBox Referral

Thumbs up

2016-08-15 18:25:22

Hello!
@cw: The problem has been fixed. If you're still not able to log in,let us know.

2016-08-15 21:24:27

That fixes the problem. I also saw the announcement on the app ships. SO, I will test launch them at sometime.

All that is gold does not glitter, Not all those who wander are lost; The old that is strong does not wither, Deep roots are not reached by the frost. From the ashes a fire shall be woken, A light from the shadows shall spring; Renewed shall be blade that was broken, The crownless again shall be king.
DropBox Referral

Thumbs up

2016-10-02 04:32:49

hello when I log in to
Prometheus  using mushclinent  the game kicks me out after like a minute can I get help? thanks
btw this is a great game

Thumbs up

2016-10-20 23:48:43

We are currently modifying the game. Please do not attempt to log in if you are not a member of the staff. Thank you.
what the hell are you doing guys? all of my friends are logging in normaly accept for me, wtf is happening?

don't wish to become like the oceans, the flowers, or the sun. oceans will dry out, flowers will die, and the sun will be extinguished. be yourself and nothing and no one else and hope for a better tomorrow.

Thumbs up

2016-10-22 17:28:35

Is my account still there? If so, what is it? I am having trouble logging in. I forgot the name, and I registered with email [email protected]

Thanks.

2016-10-23 19:26:05

Hi. I'm having a problem with mush soundpack. i download it from first link, make all instructions from readme and i can't running it.
Line  450:
D:\gry\mush\worlds\prometheus\worlds\plugins\MushReader.xml
contains an invalid path. (Not loaded)

OK
Why these patches are duplicated?

Thumbs up

2016-10-29 16:06:00

Hello. anyone know why prometheus is down?

Thumbs up

2016-10-29 17:14:25

hello
how much time we have to wait for create account
you did made paid this game right?
why we cannot create characters?

Thumbs up

2016-10-29 21:43:13

Hi all. Does anyone know if there is a sound pack for Mush client? I only found the one for VIP Mud on the home page.

Devin Prater
My Blog
Follow me

2016-10-29 22:17:42

you're better off asking on the mud itself. I think there is but don't quoat me on that.

Thumbs up