2014-10-25 18:01:02 (edited by afrim 2014-10-25 18:03:30)

Hello all,
I need an application which can convert scanned files into Microsoft word. Also, there are some PDF images which are not recognized by jaws or NVDA, so please tell me which program to use.
Looking forward to hearing from you.
Thank you really really much. You will help me a lot.

2014-10-25 22:32:42

If you have mac or iOS, I've found Prismo to be a great app. When I bought it, it cost $10. Don't know what to tell you for the PC.

Sugar and spice, and everything ....

2014-10-26 00:14:58

For windows I suggest FreeOCR. Look for that in google.

I like to sleep, Sleep is good,
This is how I do it: Lie on a nice warm cozy bed, and dream dreams about how to rule the world!
Follow @TheGreatAthlon5 on twitter for humorous facts and game updates!
If you like my posts, thumb me up!

2014-10-26 08:31:58

ABBYY FineReader is a superb application for this, but you will need to pay for it.

2014-10-26 08:54:59

I searched and I found Open Book the greatest one, from within I looked at. The problem is, Is the Free OCR accessible with jaws or NVDA?
Thanks for helping!

2014-10-26 18:32:28

I thought OB itself can do it?

friends:
come and join my
facebook group!

2014-10-26 21:16:24

yes, Open book can do it, but I've downloaded a program on android called "cam scanner", and I take the picture of a paper for example, or a page, and it processes the page and then converts it to PDF, the problem is that that converted document, has still contents that are unread or are not recognized by jaws or other screen readers, and I use Open book. I need it cracked, so if any one can help me send me an email or a pm please

2014-10-27 05:05:51

I kno you're not asking for cracked software on the forum...
Whenever I've had a text PDF where I can read the text, there is a saving option that allows me to save to several different files, including saving to txt and rtf, though I can't remember seeing doc or docx there. If you have a readable text PDF, you should be able to save it in another format through Adobe Reader itself.

Sugar and spice, and everything ....

2014-10-27 14:58:08

The problem is that Those PDF documents I mentioned there have unreadable contents, and I can't read anything and even OCR of jaws tells that there is not any text to recognize, open book was the only one which could do it perfectly.