2014-10-22 17:42:44

Some people might remember that last year, somethinelse, makers of the popular papa sangre and various other audio nasties for Ios promised us a new arcade action game involving slaying of an endless hoard of zombies in something of a killing game show.

Welll, appropriately enough, this project seems to still be alive, (or at least it's not stopped moving and is coming to eat your brain), and will shortly be lurching onto your Iphones. You can Read the announcement here in full.

The game sounds definitely interesting, with game center achievements, currency and a fast action feel complete with missions as you blow away the zombie hoards dispatched by the evil scientist in charge who's name is Doctor Bastard. No, I'm not making this up, that is his name, (and we've said it now), apparently a sadistic bastard who takes pleasure in sending bastardized copies of undead bastards after hwichever poor bastard he's captured in his arena who must defend themselves with only a few weapons (I wonder if the game includes a bastard sword).  It's all part of the Doctor's dastardly plan! he must be one dastardly bastard!

Oh, and I appologise to everyone for the above profanity and bad language, however I unfortunately cannot talk about the game without it, so please accept my abject appologies for subjecting you to such filthiness, I'm one sorry bastard!

With our dreaming and singing, Ceaseless and sorrowless we! The glory about us clinging Of the glorious futures we see,
Our souls with high music ringing; O men! It must ever be
That we dwell in our dreaming and singing, A little apart from ye. (Arthur O'Shaughnessy 1873.)

2014-10-23 10:55:59

Hey.
I wish there was a like button. I really like that post. Hmm bastard sword... Now that would be interesting.

grenades, and acid, chainsaws and guns too, zombies to kill and people to run through. Zombies  are comin' I'll shoot them dead, before they try to eat my... brain...

I can't wait to buy this game.

I'm gone for real :)

2014-10-23 12:13:09

I'm glad you liked the post, I don't actually think there is a bastard sword in the game, I was just having fun  sticking as many bastards as possible into the announcement for amusement's sake big_smile.

apparently in the game you will start with a pistol and then work up to a sonic canon and there is to be some sort of in game currency though how it's earned or iff the game is free I don't know, still whether there will be melee weapons let alone swords we'll have to see.

I am looking forward to the game but I do admit I'm a little wary of the fact that the announcement says you stay in one place, turn and shoot, sinse while that's fine for an arcade game I was rather hoping for a full scale arena shooter where you ran around an open space similar to robotron, not essentially a remake of sixth sense, but we'll see, sinse I don't want to prejudge the game before I get it, and get it I certainly shal.

Btw Brad, there is! a like button. that is what the thumbs up link after each post is for.
Go and check the question in the Faq regarding user karma and you'll see the full  explanation.

With our dreaming and singing, Ceaseless and sorrowless we! The glory about us clinging Of the glorious futures we see,
That we dwell in our dreaming and singing, A little apart from ye. (Arthur O'Shaughnessy 1873.)

2014-10-28 14:55:27

Hi.
Ah. I thought that it had been removed.

I'm gone for real :)

2014-10-28 21:09:01

Hi Brad.

It was removed when it had a thumbs down link and people were using it more to punish than to praise, but when I took over the administration I noticed that the module had an option to turn off the thumbs down and just leave the thumbs up. So, if you like a post, give a thumbs up. As I said, check the faq for more info.

Btw Brad, I'm a little surprised you didn't notice sinse it's been around for a couple of years now and  some people have lots of karma, it's written under everyone's name and there's a thumbsup link under each post. While I know skipping around between headings etc you can miss the general information such as location, member title etc, at the same time I'm slightly surprised you didn't notice at all.

2014-11-01 17:20:23

Hi. Just wantet to say that the game is out now