2014-10-15 11:31:51

Hi,
So I want your oppinion on something. I just did an ebay order, which was all well and good. We are in the same state.  I paid for it at about 11:20 PM Monday night, and the seller guarantees shipment within one business day. I checked at 12:01 wednesday morning with the tracking number that was sent to me, and it says shipment label created, still not shipped.  I just sent an e-mail asking about my item.  Do you think I'm being unreasonable?

skype name: techluver
Feel free to add me.

2014-10-15 12:37:29

Well, I would give the seller a little more time than that. While I do think he or she should have shipped the item by then I also realize that things happen and I'd give him/her another day or so before complaining.

Sincerely,
Thomas Ward
USA Games Interactive
http://www.usagamesinteractive.com

2014-10-15 13:48:31

My general rule on complaints is 3-5 days before I complain about a next day delivery and around 10 days for a 3-5 day delivery. Then again I don't know if the postal service in the states works differently to the Uk, sinse over here if you post something after the last dayly collection at about four pm, even if it's marked for delivery next day it won't arrive until the day after.

Of course you can pay extra for guaranteed delivery at a specific time but that is expensive, so I always personally wait for shipping, though keep a note of how long I've waited and be sure to notify the person as soon as I believe it's been a  reasonable amount of time.

With our dreaming and singing, Ceaseless and sorrowless we! The glory about us clinging Of the glorious futures we see,
Our souls with high music ringing; O men! It must ever be
That we dwell in our dreaming and singing, A little apart from ye. (Arthur O'Shaughnessy 1873.)

2014-10-15 17:39:20

yes. but the seller guarantees that he will ship the item out with in one business day. and it's still not shipped out. and we're looking at almost 9 AM going into the second business day.

Feel free to add me.

2014-10-15 18:40:16 (edited by stewie 2014-10-15 18:40:39)

It is possible that the person was just delayed by some unforseen circumstance. It's also entirely possible that they planned to ship it out on the next business day and they were in a timezone where a day late for you was their next business day. Also did you check their satisfaction rating?

Deep in the human unconscious is a pervasive need for a logical universe that makes sense. But the real universe is always one step beyond logic.

2014-10-16 01:26:39

1. frankly, i don't give a you-know-what about any excuse they may have. if they say they'll ship it next business day, they better.
2. their timezone is my timezone. we are in the same state.
3. their satisfaction reading was in the 170k range with 99.5% positive.  Looks like a big store to me.  They are getting a neg from me at the end of this though.

Feel free to add me.

2014-10-16 01:48:24

hi.
In my opinion, no seller should ever say that they guarantee to ship the product to you in x amount of days, because it won't always happen. I think that's slightly bad customer service. A better way to say it would have been "estimated shipping time is one business day, but please allow a time delay," not flat out saying that it's guaranteed to be shipped in that amount of time.

proud to be a patreon of liam erven. Become a patreon today at patreon.com/liamerven

2014-10-16 01:51:43

well they said it. their mother could have died for all i care i'm still going to give them a very hard time with this one.

Feel free to add me.

2014-10-16 05:14:40

As I said harrielst, I don't know when the post is collected. I know in the Uk if you put a package in the post say on Monday evening after 4 pm, it won't even be collected until Tuesday morning, so even if it is marked for next business day delivery the person the package is sent to wouldn't get it until Wednesday.

That is why a lot of Uk  deliveries say "allow up to 3 working days for delivery" or "allow 3-5 working days for delivery" if they've paid for a lower class of post.
I do think you are quite legitimate in getting annoyed, but as I said I'd wait 3 days myself to make sure it wasnt' just a postal hitch outside the control of the sender.

With our dreaming and singing, Ceaseless and sorrowless we! The glory about us clinging Of the glorious futures we see,
That we dwell in our dreaming and singing, A little apart from ye. (Arthur O'Shaughnessy 1873.)

2014-10-16 05:42:47

Dark, the same rule applies here in the States when it comes to standard postal shipments. If an item is dropped off  or collected past a certain time it won't go out until the next day. However, that doesn't seem to be the case here.

From what Harrylst is saying he used the tracking number  and the item hasn't been shipped at all. Since it has a tracking number the package was received by the post office or whatever shipping service is used, but beyond that it hasn't gone anywhere. Not sure if the seller is to blame or not since it appears to be in the system. Just not being shipped for some reason.

Sincerely,
Thomas Ward
USA Games Interactive
http://www.usagamesinteractive.com

2014-10-16 05:49:40

update: the package just went out literally 15 minutes ago. i do give him points as it's 20:49. he must have gone to some lengths to do that.  Oh well. I'll state late shipment but i really shouldn't be that hard on him.

Feel free to add me.

2014-10-16 05:54:55

Glad it was fixed, I do wonder if the lateness was the fault of the sender or the post office, but hay at least it's on the way.