2014-11-16 18:29:10

You'll get to know the land as you move around it more, and don't forget that you can always use the area command to tell you what area you are in and if you need help ask over esp. But a map will help you start to learn routes to places.

2014-11-16 21:06:06

Oh good so the maps aren't graphical?  I thought they were graphical and I wouldn't be able to use them so I didn't waste any riln on them. Well I better go buy one so I don't get lost again. Thanks again guys.

Guitarman.
What has been created in the laws of nature holds true in the laws of magic as well. Where there is light, there is darkness,  and where there is life, there is also death.
Aerodyne: first of the wizard order

2014-11-17 03:36:57

Just type map nearby and it'll provide both your present coordinates and nearby points of interest with their coordinates, just remember the map only works when you're currently at one of the points of interest so your character has a landmark to judge from.

Here's what I've been able to judge so far about the weapons, correct me if I'm at all wrong.

Staffs I heard recommended to new players, they have excellent ability to parry and can make a maximum of four attacks at a time making them very fast.

Swords have a decent balance between offensive ability and ability to parry, with number of attacks varying depending on type. The rapier however has an excellent ability to parry with a lot of attacks.

Axes do a lot of damage but tend to have relatively few attacks and little ability to parry.

Polearms have very few attacks, usually only one so far as I've seen, but have excellent ability to parry and seem to have some kind of bonus that makes it harder for enemies to do something to do with melee. My best interpretation of this bonus is that it makes it harder for enemies to change position to engaged, if this is the case it could make polearms well suited to a spellcaster or to someone attempting to avoid a fight.

cx2
-----
To live by honour and to honour life, these are our greatest strengths and our best hopes.

2014-11-17 13:22:42

One thing I would like to know is rather or not you can get boats and ships in this mud. After all, I think I would like to sail the high seas. I can think about all the battles and the like if this was and or is a part of the game world. Then again, it would be nice to be able to build a ship too...

All that is gold does not glitter, Not all those who wander are lost; The old that is strong does not wither, Deep roots are not reached by the frost. From the ashes a fire shall be woken, A light from the shadows shall spring; Renewed shall be blade that was broken, The crownless again shall be king.
DropBox Referral

2014-11-17 13:28:42

Is there any way of reducing the insane amounts of lag when performing actions? Its a bit of a turn off, to say the least.

2014-11-17 19:43:03

I don't get much lag despite being in the UK, though I've noticed others mentioning it. Strange that. Of course if you mean the round time then there's nothing to be done about that, it represents the time it takes your character to perform the actions.

Lag or latency is just a reflection of internet traffic, it isn't something that is turned on or turned off.

cx2
-----
To live by honour and to honour life, these are our greatest strengths and our best hopes.

2014-11-17 23:02:39 (edited by blindndangerous 2014-11-17 23:03:27)

I haven't heard anything about sailing, but maybe that's something that could be done? I don't know. You could always post about it on the bbs, and see what people think.
I'm not a giant fan of the roundtime sometimes, but I understand why it's there. As for lag, I haven't really noticed any huge lag spikes that are constant, maybe a small spike every now and again when the admins are doing something, but nothing that would bother me.

2014-11-18 07:53:17

Yeah round time, for travelling and such. You even get it when examining items, which seems to be excessive.

2014-11-18 18:15:25

I started playing this game last night. I have to say so far I really like it. I chose to start out in Mistral lake and today will try and do some logging to earn some cash. Only question is How do I get to Shaast from mistral lake? I've heard their are a lot of trainers in shast  and I want to learn skills such as carpentry cooking hunting etc. My name on their is wolvidoor.

Audio game king

2014-11-18 19:52:09 (edited by cx2 2014-11-18 19:57:57)

You mean Shadgarde I assume? There are a lot of trainers in Mistral still. The thing to do is to buy a lost lands map from the general store for 20 riln then use it to help you find your way, staying on the roads at all times. From Mistral the only road leading out should either be heading east or northeast I forget which, then follow the road round going southeast at the fork and continuing as close to south as the roads let you. You will have to head east for some of the time but when you get a choice of direction choose southeast or south if it's available.

When you get there you'll find a canyon you have to enter using the go command like with the mistral ruins, just follow it round and enter the gatehouse in the same way and you're there. Just a note of warning though, don't buy metal items in Shadgarde unless you're happy with bronze or copper. The prices of iron and steel down there are incredibly high.

cx2
-----

2014-11-18 22:40:17

Hi Wp85.
Well if you are logging then fell a tree then chop all the branches off. Don't take those you won't make any money off of them. Once you've done that you can chop trees into logs. Elm trees and oak will make you in between 30 or 40 riln and if you find a really rare tree you can make a lot. I would suggest logging and foraging to start out you can make a lot of riln just by doing that.
Oh and on clok I'm jaxon so if you need any help let me know.
Hth.

Guitarman.
What has been created in the laws of nature holds true in the laws of magic as well. Where there is light, there is darkness,  and where there is life, there is also death.

2014-11-19 02:45:07 (edited by blindndangerous 2014-11-19 02:47:09)

Just make sure you pay attention to what people are saying on esp because people have been making the gaea angry because they're overhunting/foraging/logging. So if they say to move on, please do it and move on. Use the area command to know if they're talking to you or not.  If you keep doing it, the players that are udemi get hurt, and if you continue to do it, the forest can fight you. Thankfully I've never had it happen to me, but I've heard it is not fun at all.

2014-11-19 05:43:41 (edited by wp85 2014-11-19 09:45:43)

Well I will by a map right away. I decided to creat a new character for a fresh start. I started out with this one in the town of Shadgard, and I like the layout of the town.  I stil have the character of wolvidoor on their but the one I'm using now is named Darnious. I managed to start foraging with the character of Darnious and am making some money,  As soon as I get enough cash, I will get a pick ax and a hand cart and start mining.  With the character of Darnious, I was attacked in the forest just out of the cannion and managed to kill
the creature.  I didn't know about the area command that helps thanks for the tip. I do have a question though. As far as trainers go, How do I know where they are? I guess what I'm asking is lets say for example, I want to learn carpentry, So do I go into a carpentry shop  to learn that? Or Cooking. If I want to learn cooking do I go to some place where food is served and type learn cook? Thanks everyone for all the help.

Audio game king

2014-11-19 12:17:14

Victorious, the roundtime and travel times are different. When you're in travel time you can still do normal actions, For example, peer in  directions, or eat, draw a weapon, attack something. The other thing is, if you are cutting down trees or mining or doing any activities like that wearing armor will significantly raise the energy drain and rt for performing that activity. To make sure you're not wearing any armor, type armor, and it'll show you the various slots for armor and tell you if they are covered by anything. For the most part I don't even notice the rt or travel time, it's just something you grow use to I suppose. It makes it really easy to react to things because you know you're not going to die instantly if something jumps out at you or suddenly happens because for the most part you'll have several seconds to react to it. Unless you're unlucky anyway. I'm going to be posting an idea on the bbs that may help new players just a little bit, as logging and mining are meant to be professions, not just something you can pick up and start instantly making riln from, so I'm going to see if we can have some various odd jobs people can do around the cities, like go out and forage blah blah blah for the herblist, , or go sweep this and this street or something. It'd probably have a limited amount of riln it will provide, but hopefully it's enough to teach the new players a little about the game, and give them a bit of riln to play with..
NPC trainers, to learn a lesson, you'll first need to ffind an NPC trainer, or a pc trainer which I'll explain  how that works here in a moment. An NPC trainer can be found by looking at the npc in question, so when you start out in shadgard I believe you start out in the hearth and home, in In that room are two NPC's, to figure out if they teach something you can look at them, and at the bottom of their description it'll say something like, he's a trainer, you can ask him about training. To do this just type ask npc-name about training, and they'll give you a list of things they teach. To learn something from them type ask npc-name about skill, ,it'll describe the skill and tell you how much it'll cost to get that lesson. Most starting skills will cost you about 50 riln. The way lessons work is that when you have taken a lesson in something you instantly get a 1 point bonus to that skill, more if you have a new player bonus, or a role playing award. You also get a period of time equal to 24 hours (play time, not rlrl time) in which your skill gains for that skill are doubled, it only doubles a maximum of 2.5 skill points, if you reach the 2.5 before the 24 hours is up it ends the double skill gains, and you are freed to take another lesson in it. You can only study up to 3 things at once, to see which skills you are currently studying, type skill study.  If you do not finish your training in that lesson within the 24 hours, or if you abandon the skill prematurely you will still need to get the 2.5 skill points before getting another lesson in that skill. . You can abandon a skill by typing abandon skill name.
PC trainers, a pc trainer is a player who is skiled enough in something in which they can give you a lesson, so say bob knows how to log, and youy want to learn how to log, you can ask over esp, esp hello, I'm trying to learn logging, would someone be willing to give me a lesson in it? I am currently in shadgard. This will send a message to everybody who is tuned in to ESP, and hopefully someone will respond, ,and you can set up a place to meet. To teach someone something you type teach bobby about logging,, to learn something when someone offers to teach you you would type, teach accept. Usually PC's don't charge for their training, though there's nothing stopping them from doing so.
If you guys have any other questions don't hesitate to ask over the question channel, they're usually answered pretty quickly, and yeah. I'm gglad to see so many people enjoying the game that I love. Anyway hope that helps, and happy cloking.

The universe is a rain storm. We are droplets sent to quench the problems of the world, yet we are blown sideways by the winds of distractions.

2014-11-19 12:58:30

I wish the soundpack for this mud, was like AlterAeon.
The current soundpack for VIP mud is not close to  the game at all. It is full of rock/modern login music, bleeps an beeps, and doesn't have environment sounds.

twitter: @hadirezae3
discord: Hadi

2014-11-19 14:13:05

Hmmm. I'm wondering if the sound pack in question is slowing things down a bit. The first pack I got was the 2.5 pack for vipmud and found that I hated that it did alot of text replacement. I replaced with the one that was linked to last in this topic and found it better in that reguard. True, it doesn't have the speed walks, but... The last time I was on, I was talking to someone who kept on going about over hunting in the forest. I wasplaying the part of someone who did not care all that much as long as death doesn't come. Basicly, I am playing a char that likes to be a part of the wild.

All that is gold does not glitter, Not all those who wander are lost; The old that is strong does not wither, Deep roots are not reached by the frost. From the ashes a fire shall be woken, A light from the shadows shall spring; Renewed shall be blade that was broken, The crownless again shall be king.
DropBox Referral

2014-11-19 22:43:40

I find that I don't need a lot of sounds for this game, and the vip pack and sneak's pack are just fine. If you want a mush-z like pack, make it. Nothing is stopping you.

2014-11-20 01:44:32

Hi.
I'm doing a lot of logging right now so does that mean I'm skilled in it? It hasn't said anything about skills increasing so I'm not sure about it.
Btw, how do I get from haiban to shadgard or mistral lkae? When I'm in the wilderness outside of haiban and I check my map it says there is no root there. I looked up the way to get to shadgard but it just says shadgard is northeast of me which doesn't really help me a lot. Please help.

Guitarman.

2014-11-20 08:04:45

There is a mush soundpack for players who want it, I believe.  You will have to check the BBS to find it, but, the player who created it is Sneaky, I think.  I personally like the 2.5 soundpack for VIPmud, so, I think it is a personal preference.  For the person who was asking about dirrections, from mistral to Haiban
from outside the ruins
S, W, Nw,Sw (5 times), W (3 times), S, E, go gate, go arch.  that takes you inside Haiban.

Hope that helps a little

There is way too much blood in my caffine system!  I require coffee in great amounts for total thought processes.

2014-11-21 03:27:43

Yeah, I just found out that way. I think I'm going to use that more. I used to head out the ruins, and then go down to valeria, and turn northwest and go through the pass, but that way is so much easier. I don't know why I didn't think of it before.

2014-11-28 01:19:45

Just in case the person who plays Coanid is here I'd like to apologise. My character Nalsa was asking about woodwind lessons but my connection to the mud dropped and I couldn't reconnect.

cx2
-----

2014-11-28 21:08:37

Did anything happen yesterday? I only got on a little bit, but then had to leave.

2014-11-29 02:02:39

That's probably something you need to ask IC.

cx2
-----

2014-11-30 20:32:15

Probably so. I saw some of it, but not a lot of it as I had to go, and forgot to log back in later.

2014-12-10 18:58:52

I'm happy to report that a couple of days ago I killed my first spider, those things are a real pain. I was playing my Rook hovering around Terueka and there was a spider hanging around outside the entrance to the thoroughfare, so I pulled out all the stops using both cryomancy and sorcery and hit it with everything I had. I had to retreat back into the thoroughfare a few times but I killed it, I think I got a couple of lucky hits on its abdomen with my cryosorcerous bolts and I managed to not only severely wound it but exhaust it to the point where it fell unconscious, yay for cold magic. I don't know whose logging left that spider there but at least I managed to deal with it, I can tell you I was not impressed when I went to go grinding in Terueka and found that damn thing sat outside.

cx2
-----