2014-10-04 13:39:22

Well we have a huge, big friendly (or possibly unfriendly), giant sized wodge of newsage to get through this morning, with new goodness for yee whether your on pc, Iphone or just playing around the strands of the interwebs looking out for those deadly net spiders that eat your brain! always! always watching, and just when your not looking pow! that's the real reason there are so many games you know, it's all a plot by the net spider queen in her attempts to lay eggs in peoples skulls which then grow and burst out your ears in a really gorey fashion! the news would report it but they're too afraid and have already been zombified by the venom of the spid -----

Now, please excuse me, there are of course no net spiders at all so let us get onto the game related news and be done with that insanity.

First off developer Soundworks has created a game entitled Ultrapower. Though still in a slightly experimental stage, the game is intended to have many of the well known features of fps games, including multiple weapons, death matches on the same server, and chatting between players. Read about and download the game Here on the soundworks site and of course leave your topics Here on yonder thread

Now to further destract you from the thing crawling out of your computer, ---- mmmm, I mean to further entertain you, we have Park boss, a game where you manage your own theme park. Create rides, decide on the niceness of your snacks, and rake in cash in an attempt to rival a certain American company who's logo is a certain mouse (well they say it's a mouse, it's actually a person with his head bulging with spider venom!). Either way, You can Go here to download the game and Leave comments  here.

This is one that is getting lots of people excited and a first of it's kind for audio games, so is highly worth having a look at.

Last, what if you just want something sweet, sweeet! like the net spider sucking upon your jucy brains!

Mmmm, the answer is "Sweet return" a game based on the older maze and battle title Bongo by Nina 01, the same person who developered the Shadowgate adventure game. Enter into a surreal dimention where you need to battle various horrors and grab ridiculous sugary goodness as you navigate mazes and gain levels rpg style. The game can be Downloaded here from sendsapce and feel free to Leave comments here.

Then, Ticonblu have cranked out another one, really they work as fast as a hungry spider queen cranking out eggs containing her disgusting minians! ---- mmmm, anyway this new one is Flarestar, a deep space adventure set aboard the starship Icarus. Playing as the first officer you find yourself combating a mysterious menace, fighting on the hollodeck, piloting space fighters and exploring all the dark and mysterious regions of the ship. now available for Pc and Mac, the Ios version is due to follow soon. Have a listen to This teaser and feel free to Use this topic for your comments or thoughts.

Of course, those developers of our current games aren't just standing still either. Paladin of the skies, the awsome rpg from Vstorm.com has recieved several updates, which include the long requested ability to practice Dragonstrike scrolls, which should make the quest of Ross and company all the easier as people can now perfect their timing without being smacked about by enemies. if you haven't checked out this landmark audio Rpg, it's highly recommended you Head over to Vgstorm.com and have a look.

Now, onto the internet, the interweb woven by the net spiders who seak out fresh victims!

First off Fighting fantasy project see index has a new title. Any port in a storm, it features a norticle and spooky adventure of a lost student in a sailing race, so look out for skeletons! as usual there is This topic where you can share any thoughts, (any thoughts that haven't been sucked out by something invertibrate and hairy).

Now, onto the Iphone, a platform who's number of audiogames is ever expanding, like the teretory of the deadly spiders! First off we have the game Nebula from new developer Grey company. This adds audio to a classic arcade style shooter along with an ongoing story, different challenges and a rather unique control method to make a fast action game which is a real challenge to play. The free version contains the tutorial and first chapter of the campaign, with another 8 chapters to unlock in the full version. Grey Company are looking for feedback on their audio work and have some very big projects in mind (hint, rpg!), so it's highly recommended people check this one out and offer feedback Here

Next up, Paladin of the Sky is not the only rpg related to dragons to get updates. King of dragon pass has got it's yearly fix, including Ios 8 compatibility and 15 new scenes to test out your clan on.

And that is all for news, so now you have plenty to do and won't notice the net spi, ----- aaaaagh! must! break! free! net spiders! taking over the world, making people's heads, ---- aaaaagh! splatter!

We regret to announce that this news post needed to be cut short due to dark's head exploding from spider venom from an unknown source. Service will continue when his head has been put back together.

Yours, Cecil S Cringeworthy, chief runt of cyber elves.

With our dreaming and singing, Ceaseless and sorrowless we! The glory about us clinging Of the glorious futures we see,
Our souls with high music ringing; O men! It must ever be
That we dwell in our dreaming and singing, A little apart from ye. (Arthur O'Shaughnessy 1873.)

2014-10-04 16:15:00

Wo Dark, a good news article and a good laugh there. The jokes about net spiders are just so funny. Anyways, good to know so many games have been developed/updated!

Team rocket's blasting off again!

2014-10-04 18:24:37

Goodness knows where net spiders come from! actually funnily enough just after finishing this I realized  Dark room and The Ensign got updates too,  ---- actually  the amount of games at the moment is quite astounding!

With our dreaming and singing, Ceaseless and sorrowless we! The glory about us clinging Of the glorious futures we see,
That we dwell in our dreaming and singing, A little apart from ye. (Arthur O'Shaughnessy 1873.)

2014-10-07 20:37:23

LOL.  Hay dark, the name of my game isn't the sweet return, its "candy crashers".  Just thaught I'd let you know.

Want to order food, but can't get out? Try this .
https://postmat.es/Tw5eUTrBn4

2014-10-08 12:33:10

Sorry Nina, I'll remember that for when i do a db entry, I was in a bit of a rush when i wrote this news item sinse I needed to dash off and catch a train.

2014-10-20 00:48:32

Dark. How did you know there would be stories of Giant Net Spiders this close to Halloween?
puppy-sized spider Discovered.
Ollie McAteer for Metro.co.uk
Sunday 19 Oct 2014
A scientist got the surprise of his life when he stumbled across a puppy-sized spider.

Piotr Naskrecki, an entomologist, said the sound of the Goliath birdeater walking resembled the clip-clopping of horse hooves.

He spotted the beast on a trek in the Amazonian rainforest.

‘I could clearly hear its hard feet hitting the ground and dry leaves crumbling under its weight,’ Mr Naskrecki writes in his blog.

‘I pressed the switch and pointed the light at the source of the sound, expecting to see a small mammal, a possum, a rat maybe.’

The South American spider has a leg span of 30cm, nearly a foot and weigh up to 170g,  as much as a young puppy.

The scientist continued: ‘The Goliath bird eater is probably the only spider in the world that makes noise as it walks.

‘Its feet have hardened tips and claws that produce a very distinct, clicking sound, not unlike that of a horse’s hooves hitting the ground.’

He probably should name it, Aragog.

In other spider stories:
Doctors find spider in man’s abdomen after burrowing into his skin.

2014-10-20 04:38:22

So some people survived to tell of the net spiders, ---- I wonder for how long? big_smile.