2014-09-26 17:21:26

hello, for the one who asked how to stop getting the human resorces messages, give your staff extra wages. if the wages for them are too low, they will strike eventually, or leave. when staff strikes, they all strike and if ither the atraction operators or the maintenance staff strikes, no rides will be usable. if your entertainers strike, you're gonna lose a lot of satisfaction from your visitors. sometimes if you are unlucky staff members will walk out because of low wages, and it's the same as striking only that instead of losing all staff members temporarilly, you lose 2 or 3 members untill you recroot others in their place. my park is doing great after allmost falling into the debt trap. my visitor satisfaction is at 100%, and I' making about 5000 pounds per week. I've begone expanding the park so i can bild the big stuff and I really like the game so far.  a very great job and I hope you will also release updates to the game to make it even better! smile

I used to be a knee like you, then I took an adventurer in the arrow.

2014-09-26 17:23:40

Hi all,
I've given this game a try, and after running a park for almost 45 weeks, I can say that it's very well done.
Unfortunately I didn't get to build any of the bigger rides, as I have a feeling that profits have to be really high before that stuff becomes available.
It got to a point where there was food poisoning in the catering area,and my account went from 50000 to minus that amount, and at that point I wasn't sure what to do, considering my customer satisfaction level was 100, I still got into the negatives.

2014-09-26 19:48:32

Hi, If you plan to develop this game further, I have some suggestions for you:
First, there should be a way of skipping the logo.
Second, the building of attractions should take some time, and there should be construction sounds while the construction progresses. Thanks.

I post sounds I record to freesound. Click here to visit my freesound page
I usually post game recordings to anyaudio. Click here to visit my anyaudio page

2014-09-26 20:12:07

And there should be footstep sounds instead of coordinates.

I usually post game recordings to anyaudio. Click here to visit my anyaudio page

2014-09-26 20:31:59

This game is excellent! but my customers always say the lines for the toilets are too long. also what is an ideal price to set your tickets food and snacks?

2014-09-26 20:50:57

Hi all.
Thanks for all the feedback.
For those asking why there park isn&t a success. I've got 3 suggestions.
1. Check your park status screen regularly, it gets updated every week.
2. Talk to your guests or invest in a park report.
3. Sensible use of marketing campaigns can help.
Thanks.
Nick

Nick Adamson.
N A SOFT
www.ndadamson.com

2014-09-26 20:58:04

Hi, set to prise to 1 at first, then if you find that your income is lower than your outcome, raise start to raise them a little. At first make it 2, then 3, etc. Don't suddenly do that. Talk to your customers a week is passed after you make the raise on the tickets.

2014-09-26 21:35:40

hi guys. yes, this is an awesome game. and it's just the first version! fantastic work mate.
well, I seem to have gotten things ironed out in my park, I'm averaging about 10000 customers through my doors in a week, I've got about 7 or 8 million quid in the bank, and no lone's. not bad, huh? ... now it's a matter of spending some money. only problem is, when you add land to your park, more and more, it gets hard to navigate quickly to the section you want to install a new attraction, specially when you start at 5: 1, and need to get down to 5: 20 or even 5: 30. LOL
yes, I too found some of the prerecorded sounds a little low. you might want to run them through goldwave, or some other editor,  to level them all to a set level for the next version.
on the subject of adding land, maybe you could consider a way to make it wider, as well as longer. so have a menu come up when you buy land, so you can decide if you want it added at the top, IE 5: 10, or on the side, going out from 10: 1
all together, an awesome game! I spent most of yesterday playing it. and it takes a good game to make me do that.  good job!
perhaps another feature you might want to think about, is a way to slow down the time it takes for a week to pass. I'm not sure what it's set to right now, but it does go pretty quick. that's fine, when you have most things set up ok and don't have to be doing lots of things to deal with a situation, but maybe you could have a toggle, that would make time slow down by half and a quarter speed or something. that way, time is still passing, but it would become a little more leisurely, for those who want to maybe take time to enjoy a slower pased job. just an idea.
yes, it would be nice if you could install screen reader support into this game, perhaps as a toggleable feature. defaulting to SAPI so it will speak no matter what machine you first load it on, but be able to change over to screen reader output for faster processing. I don't know how hard or easy that will be to do, or even if you want to. it's certainly usable under SAPI. but it's always good to have more options for those who have trouble with SAPI for various reasons.
now, as for a part of the game I found a little disappointing. after somebody purchased my park for 500000 pounds, I was then told I should take that money and build another park. which of course I instantly started doing. how ever, you don't keep the money in any form. it would be better, if you were able to keep the money, so that when you start a new park, you have some cash to start with, and don't have to lone it. this would mean that for your third or fourth or what ever time around, you may have the chance to set up a good bit of your first part of your park in a go, before opening your doors to the public.
I'd maybe make that a toggle. so when you've sold your park, and you go to start another, it might come up with a menu, where you can select to take the money from the last venture and use it, or take in 0, and start totally a fresh.
if I come up with others, I'll let you know. never the less, a totally awesome game guys. well done.

2014-09-26 21:44:45

hi aaron.
yes, there are times where you drop in to the red. the only thing you can do, is keep taking out more money from the bank as a lone, to keep you afloat, untill customer number increase once more, to help you recover into making money.
all businesses  do this sort of thing, from time to time, untill they get well established.
i tend to set the price for entering my park, at first, to between 5 and 10. that helps to make you a good bit of money. not a lot, but a bit. and then, as your customer per week level rizes, you can aford to put more into your park, and then, you can raise the price of entrance. and so on. meal prices, you want around 7 to 10 pounds, and snacks between 2 and 4. preferably cheaper, as it draws more people to buy.
also, look into putting in a gift shop or two. as people will spend money there.

2014-09-26 21:58:17

what a great game! can't wait to try it out!

no matter what you do, alwais, ghosts will be there. Demonic spirits waiting for you. Charlie Charlie are you here? suddenly, charlie appears with a knife. He killed me! charlie charlie are you here? tell me if it's yes. Are you gonna persew me or you're leaving me in peaze? oh my gosh charlie is indeed here! he's about to kill me!
:D

2014-09-26 22:03:42

can't download it. Can someone give a d rect link?

no matter what you do, alwais, ghosts will be there. Demonic spirits waiting for you. Charlie Charlie are you here? suddenly, charlie appears with a knife. He killed me! charlie charlie are you here? tell me if it's yes. Are you gonna persew me or you're leaving me in peaze? oh my gosh charlie is indeed here! he's about to kill me!
:D

2014-09-27 00:37:49

hi!

This game really is awesome. But it were cool if the sounds could be a little bit louder or an option to change its volume. My sapi voice is very loud and the others are pretty quiet.

But it's really fun to play! Keep on this good work!

Greetings,
Janagirl!

2014-09-27 01:24:50

Sounds great, at the moment it can't be downloaded unfortunately. But I have a question: are all attractions wich you can access listed in the manual or are that only a few examples of the attractions you can try ou yourself? I am excited and hopethat the dwnload gets fixed. t o

2014-09-27 02:28:04

Hi,

this game is really great! I always wanted to play something like Rollercoaster Tycon, and here it is! Thanks for that, I spent quite a few hours on it today.

My first park died pretty much because of food poisoning incidents which happened two weeks in a row. No chance to recover from that. big_smile

I noticed that the fires in my park always happen in the same place, always at the bottom left part. Shouldn't that be random or something? It was that way in my first park which I lost and in my current one as well.

By the way, when food poisoning happens, it's not really explained why so much money is lost. If this kind of thing requires me to pay for something, this should be mentioned. Yes, if the food is bad I'll make no more money, but right now I don't see a reason for losing so much.

I used a park report a few times now. But when I pay my staff the amounts which are suggested there, they all begin to strike and I have to rise everything again.

And I noticed that I always have to have one more maintenance worker than the game suggests, otherwise one or two attractions simply don't open.

When setting up park zones, it would be great to be able to see where I have my rides. Right now I have to enter attraction building first to see where everything is, so I set my zones right. Or else I forget and have to do it all again.

To be able to slow down the time would be great as well, when things get busy I'm simply to slow sometimes to sort out everything before the new week starts.

And like others said, footsteps instead of coordinates when walking the park would be great too, as well as screen reader support.

Well, these are just my suggestions and thoughts. The game is really great, especially for a free one and the first version of it. Great work!

Best regards
Tikki

2014-09-27 02:44:45

I question I want to add onto my previous post: Just out of interest, are there  horror themed rides, like ghost rides aswell? And can you visit them yourself, too?

2014-09-27 03:17:33

DUDE!! What is up with the food poizaning? That is way to strong of a hit. I had the big coaster, this huge park, poof gone. What should I have done? Deleted that and my whole water park zone? I was like in 300k debt a day despite taking lones from the bank! Please please add some sort of park insurance!

Kingdom of Loathing name JB77

2014-09-27 03:43:05

There was only 1 horror theamed ride I saw the ghost train.

2014-09-27 03:45:57

it won't let me download it when i clicked on the link.

PSN ID: AvidLitRPGer
Twitter: https://twitter.com/AvidLitRPGer
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/AvidLitRPGer
leave me a message saying how you found me.

2014-09-27 03:51:45

my goodness! Can someone upload it?

i'm getting this.

This account's public links are generating too much traffic and have been temporarily disabled!

dam it dam it! From what i read on this must b truely awesome! so can anyone help me? please?

After years, i finally changed my signature! But i don't know what to say :D

2014-09-27 04:02:13

hang on guys luckily the game installer was still in my recycle bin and I restored it. so let me upload it to sendspace and I will then post a link for everyone that should last a good while ok?

2014-09-27 04:05:10

hey guys here is a new link for park boss.

https://www.sendspace.com/file/n3o9rp

hope it works for you guys.

2014-09-27 05:20:22 (edited by Jeffb 2014-09-27 05:22:02)

I think it would be nice if you could close atractions with out demolishing them. That way if your running int to money troubles you can help balance it out.

2014-09-27 06:42:37 (edited by Jeffb 2014-09-27 07:08:44)

And higher health survesses I got food poyzen like 4 times! I think I rather have a fire at this point. Save me some cash. Scratch that 5 times, in debt with a over a milion lone. I'm starting from scratch. After I take a step back from this game for a bit. Highly Adicting and a bit fustrating.

2014-09-27 07:45:04

Hi all
I'm working on the link.
Need to find a new host. I didn't know dropbox had limits.
Thanks and sorry.
Nickk

Nick Adamson.
N A SOFT
www.ndadamson.com

2014-09-27 08:37:08

hi guys. Tikki, to answer your question, food poisoning causes people to stop coming to your park. so your customer base drops. so for example, if you had 5000 a week coming through your doors, and then you got poisoning, 2500 might stop coming, leaving you with only half your normal income. but of course, your still paying for all your staff and attraction running costs.
to the game maker, this is where the idea of being able to selectively turn on rides / attractions would come in to play. so for example, if you take a huge hit, you'd be able to shut down maybe half your rides or something, and then be able to cut back on staffing, till your visitor numbers go up again.
i'd also like to see some of the functions able to be used directly from the walking the park mode. so you'd be able to highlight an attraction, and toggle it on / off. i'd say that when you first build a ride, that it should not be turned on automatically, that you should have to go around and turn the ones on that you want to be running.
this would also be possible from the office menu, as you don't always want the racket of the park around you. i like the office for it's quiet ambiance. it's well done.
also, with the attractions at first not being turned on / staffed, you could build a section of the park the way you want it to be made, then open it all up in one go. this way, you can build a section, and not have to deal with staffing issues untill you open it up. and the part that's up and running will continue to operate, making your income while you work on a new section.
another kinda cool thing to be able to do, would be the ability to have more then one park at a time. this way, you could select which park you want to work in, and then you'd have the options such as walk in the park and go to the office.
this is where the ability to slow down time could come in handy. because you could have more then one park running, and at a slower pace, you'd have time to react to the happenings on each one in the week. of course, to start a second park, you'd have to build up your surplus cash a bit, to afford to start a new one up.
and of course, to start a new 10 by 10 grid park up, it would cost you the cost of 10 extra land sections, so that would be, about 2.5 million pounds
you could even be able to choose to start your second one up, at a different size. your first park would always have to be 10 by 10, then built up. but a second one, if you have the cash, you could set how long and wide it is.
ok, i'm coming up with way to many ideas here. and it's probably going to take the game maker ages to think about everything we have come up with now. lol. i'm just so excited at the potential of this game. i too, have wanted to play RollerCoaster Tycoon, and now i can! ... or at least, our version. lol