2014-09-25 23:59:44

Have you ever been to an amusement park and thought that it would be easy to run or you could do a better job?
Do you want to play an audio only game that doesn’t depend on quick reactions but uses your brain to work things out?
Have you ever wanted to hit a sock stuffed with paper with a wooden stick after it’s fallen through a tube?
If the answer is yes to any of these questions then Park Boss is for you.
Park Boss, the latest free release from N A Soft, is an amusement park simulator for Windows where you’re the boss. Every choice you make has an impact on how successful your park is. You can choose from over 70 attractions, choose how your park is laid out and what sort of food you sell. Make the wrong choices, don’t employ enough staff or don’t pay them enough, charge to much for food or tickets and visitors won’t come. Manage marketing campaigns, react to events at the park and even play and ride some of the attractions.

Park Boss is played using a simple set of menus which give you access to nearly limitless combinations of choices. Once you’ve opened your park walk around it in an immersive audio experience and talk to your visitors to see what they think of your park. Listen to what they say; there feedback can help you improve the park.

To find out more and download this audio game visit the N A Soft website at http://www.ndadamson.com

Thanks and happy bossing.
Nick.

Nick Adamson.
N A SOFT
www.ndadamson.com

2014-09-26 01:51:56

wow, that's awesome! Can't wait to try it.

going in to the wilds, collecting pokedex, and capturing them are my kind of thing,
training them, making them evolve, and generally making them stronger is my ultimate goal,
fighting other manamon tamers, winning the tournament, and fighting octoros are what these manamons like to do,
and ultimately, I become the master of mana!

2014-09-26 02:51:30

wow wow wow wow wow wow wow wow wow wow wow wow wow wow wow wow wow wow wow wow wow! it's finaly here! o god god god god god! trying... downloading... please wait...

Luis Carlos Gonzáles Moráles, from Panama!

2014-09-26 03:11:21

I love it!!!! Fantastic work!!

Kingdom of Loathing name JB77

2014-09-26 05:44:17

Awesome, loving the feel of it so far, can't wait until my brain's awake to give it my undivided attention.
Great work.

Stevie-3

2014-09-26 05:51:49

Hi, can someone please make an audio play through? I don't have Wi-Fi for my computer right now, so I can't download the game just yet. Thanks so much in advance. Take care all.

2014-09-26 06:05:18

Loving the game I do have some suggestions. It would be cool if you could pick to have a flat rate fee, or tickets for each ride and game. I think it would be a good idea if you could buy insurance for your park in the case of a fire disaster law suit etc maybe even a loyer once you got large enough. It would be neat if you could name your park, and it would be funny if you could use the bathrooms in the park. Little ferniture might be neetto fountains, benches that type of stuff. You should have to pay to enclose your park with a fence, and it be cool if you could pick fancy park gates perhaps. Maybe even hours of opperation special promotions 1 free entry with a can of pop for example. How much it is to play games, just ideas I wanted to throw out there. I'm adicted to this game!! Thanks again for making this epic game!

2014-09-26 06:14:40

i've tried the game and it is really perfect so far.
I have a question.
Every week I receive an email that says you've entered your overdraft.
The limit of your overdraft is 200000.
How to deposite the lone?

going in to the wilds, collecting pokedex, and capturing them are my kind of thing,
training them, making them evolve, and generally making them stronger is my ultimate goal,
fighting other manamon tamers, winning the tournament, and fighting octoros are what these manamons like to do,
and ultimately, I become the master of mana!

2014-09-26 06:30:41

I would like a playthrough of this game.
I need help on how to play.

2014-09-26 08:16:26

Hi.
Try visiting the park and talking to your visitors to get hints on how you can improve the park. If your visitors are happy more of them will come and you'll make more money.
You could also use the park report to give you advice.
Thanks.
Nick.

Nick Adamson.
N A SOFT
www.ndadamson.com

2014-09-26 08:24:34

I really like the game. Also, the readme is kind of wrong when it says you should try and keep your loan below 150000, at least in my experience. There's no way to get more customers without borrowing at least 350k. I have a really good park and though it took 16 weeks to get here, I'm at a 95% happiness rating and am slowly paying the loan off. Now here's my question, every time I've talked to the visitors, they have complained about how long the queues were. No matter how many more toilets I build, that message doesn't go away. I must have like 7 toilets here! You recommended 1 toilet per 500 people. Also, people complain that there aren't any customer service people to help them. So hmm.

I like to sleep, Sleep is good,
This is how I do it: Lie on a nice warm cozy bed, and dream dreams about how to rule the world!
Follow @TheGreatAthlon5 on twitter for humorous facts and game updates!
If you like my posts, thumb me up!

2014-09-26 08:30:20

I haven't downloaded or played this yet, but to the person who wanted an option to charge for rides, at amusement parks I've visited, you pay a ticket price to get in the gate, then you can ride all the rides you want. Some parks have a few premium rides that charge extra. Mostly, in my experience, where you get into paying for individual rides is at carnivals, fairs, etc. which are temporary events. In these cases, you can buy tickets, each ticket costing a certain amount, and each ride requiring a certain number of tickets. Naturally, the better, more exciting rides require more tickets. In these cases, you can usually also buy, sometimes only on certain days, an unlimited ride bracelet. You pay a flat fee, and they put a bracelet around your wrist, and that entitles you to ride all the rides you want, all day.

2014-09-26 08:32:42

Hi.
wow! This is really exciting news! Makes my upcoming weekend even better. big_smile
Congrats on the release. I look so much forward to try this.
Sounds like a lot of voiceovers has been recorded for all the people in the parc. It's amazing this is a free game. I could imagine myself being totally addicted to the game. Damn, so many games I wanna play. Lol.
If this game will be a huge success, will you then plan a release for IOS? I could imagine such a game being a really great game on a portable device where you can take it out of the pocket, and play whenever you have the time to do so.
Do you take suggestions and plan to update the game depending on the success and how people like it?

Best regards SLJ.
Feel free to contact me privately if you have something in mind. If you do so, then please send me a mail instead of using the private message on the forum, since I don't check those very often.
Facebook: https://facebook.com/sorenjensen1988
Twitter: https://twitter.com/soerenjensen

2014-09-26 08:51:22

Well the grounds could also be like a fare grounds with the bouncy castles and such. It was just a thought.

2014-09-26 08:54:34

TO avoid getting the bank message you just have to keep the money you have grater or equal to the amount they take each week. Even if you need a lone to do this. Like someone else said I had a 360k lone or so and I just payed it off and got a great park going!

2014-09-26 08:56:21

Hi again.
I have now read the manual on the website, not the section which gives tips on how to make a successfull parc. But, this game sounds so genious! wow! I also got my question about future development answered and my question about an IOS version. big_smile
Well, I really have to leave the forum for now and take care of my job! Lol. Looking so much forward to play this.

Best regards SLJ.
Feel free to contact me privately if you have something in mind. If you do so, then please send me a mail instead of using the private message on the forum, since I don't check those very often.
Facebook: https://facebook.com/sorenjensen1988
Twitter: https://twitter.com/soerenjensen

2014-09-26 14:38:00

Hi.
It is a very nice job! I always wanted that kind of game where you don't have to be incredibly fast and so on.

2014-09-26 15:00:16

I just played a nice game, had a nice park going, nearly 200K in the bank, then I had to go and play another game, this one is called Real Life. In it, you run around doing laundry, eating, sleeping, paying bills, and all sorts of other stuff. Because of this Real Life game I had to play, I had to quit Park Boss, and abandon my park. So in the future, would there be any possibility of being able to save your game and come back to it later, when you had time to put Real Life on pause?

2014-09-26 15:15:55

Happily, once ya exit the park, it is "still standing." Unless, ya choose the "start a new game" option. The announcer will "warn you," for sure.

2014-09-26 15:20:55

Wow!
This is a really fun game!
Not doing too good, but it's my first time, so I'll get better I'm sure.
To the last poster, when you restart Park Boss, the game is restored.

2014-09-26 15:49:20

Yeah, just found that out. Thanks!

2014-09-26 16:22:41

Hi Nick,
I have been playing this game for a few hours now, and I must say its quite a nice distraction and fun too, for those who like resource management and that kind of thing.
One suggestion. the recorded voiceovers can be really low at times leading me to increase my over all volume which makes the screenreader a pain to here at higher volumes
My laptop only has a numpad delete key, and now I have thousands of those human resources messages in my mailbox,so if something could be done about this, it'd be great
Another suggestion is for the rides which can not be repaired is there a way to see them besides the mail which tells you that so and so ride is broken?

While walking on the park, if the steps sounds were heard along with rides slash facilities if any instead of coordinates and if the coordinates could be spoken with a key it'd make the walking experience a bit nicer and finding what is where faster.
Just a few suggestions which according to me could make the experience slightly more better
As to my game? I have started out slow and am doing not so good atm, with patches of highs and lows which seem to balance out after a while,but this is how I have chosen to play this game for the moment moveing slow learning what things are where and how they work.
Lets see how it gos.
grryf

Of all sad words of tongue or pen, the saddest are these, ‘It might have been.
Follow me on twitter

2014-09-26 16:43:02

Hi.
Wow, this is the best simulation game I've ever played. My park is getting better now.
By the way, are you planning to add more events or atructions in the future? It would be grate if there would be constant updates for new features.

I don't speak as good as I write, and I don't listen as good as I speak.

2014-09-26 16:52:33

To be honest, this genre of games is the best genre that I like to play. I think I'll download it within minutes.

2014-09-26 17:18:42 (edited by stewie 2014-09-26 17:22:36)

I really like the game so far. It is the most impressive audiogame simulation I've seen.

I have a few comments though.

• When your walking the park, you don't receive a notification of the service/ride of that current square and have to hit space. A toggle to report this information upon movement would be cool.

• It would be cool if screenreader support was implemented, as listening to sapi is kind of slow. For more information I'd look at the development thread topic found here. This is no big deal though.

• Sometimes menus take a while before letting you move between options. For example if I reach the top of the menu, it announces "top" but it causes you to wait until the speech is concluded. Again this isn't a big deal.

• The game starts at week 0. Shouldn't it start at 1? Or is this a reference to 0 based array values?

I was able to apparently set the wages for employees to 3 pounds an hour. I don't know how they didn't complain about this. does the financial system fully copy a realistic model or is it kind of improvised?

Again the game is awesome.

Deep in the human unconscious is a pervasive need for a logical universe that makes sense. But the real universe is always one step beyond logic.