2007-07-14 04:03:28

hello, I am looking for an easy way to get a mud running on windows, thanks

Prier practice and preparation prevents piss poor performance!

2007-07-14 07:07:56

What access software are you using? This cana ffect what will work well for you. For example the Monkeyterm set up at www.randylaptop.com/mudding will work with Window Eyes, Jaws or with the free SAPI speech in windows XP.

Alternately GMud from www.gutterstar.net is a very quick and easy way to get started if you are using Jaws, be sure to install the scripts too though if you can since they really do help.

I know with Jaws at least the built in telnet client in XP works, sort of, but at least GMud is highly recommended since it is a nightmare correcting yourself if you make a typo or the situation changes and you wish to clear the entire input line.

cx2
-----
To live by honour and to honour life, these are our greatest strengths and our best hopes.

2007-07-14 14:36:49

thats actually not what I mean, lol. I mean like getting a mud code writen in c, and running it on a windows comp somehow.

Prier practice and preparation prevents piss poor performance!

2007-07-14 17:06:56

Ah. I guess my immediate reaction was thinking someone wanted to connect to a mud, which in most cases would probably be the case. Now if you had said to "run a mud under windows" I would know what you meant, laugh.

cx2
-----
To live by honour and to honour life, these are our greatest strengths and our best hopes.

2007-07-15 19:19:35

The site for mushclient has a precompiled version of the smaug codebase. It appears to work well under windows, and comes with a small world that's ready to run.