2014-09-24 17:29:28

I found the soft-voice willowpond tts as an addon for NVDA! here is the link.

https://www.sendspace.com/file/o533k4

This synthesizer is 16bit. and they made an addon for it in python! so if they can make such an addon for willowpond tts or softvoice, then why not keynote gol multimedia multilingual? someone please try making an addon for keynote gold multimedia multilingual for nvda and for android... You may need to make an emulated .ocx windows95 driver for it to work and crack the old 15 minute demo timer for keynote gold multimedia multilingual though. a bug in softvoice addon. it does not save your rate parameters for nvda so you need to use synth settings ring move slider up and down to get your rate set back the way you want it. and also the large male voice pitch should be lower. so someone please add pitch control and if possible make an android version please?

2014-09-24 18:49:12

Hi,
The reason why this exists is because this is a 32 bit version of SoftVoice. When it loads a voice style, it has the default parameters internally.

Rob

----------
Robjoy, AKA Erion
Visit my site for all the things I do and to contact me.
You can also stop by for a slice of Pi

2014-09-24 19:06:31

I wonder if keynote gold multimedia is 16bit or 32bit? since it runs in windows95 and windows98 from what I see uses an .ocx driver but its dlls are called for example kgm32.dll and so on. or like kgm_eng_tts32.dll .

2014-09-24 19:21:54

I heard you can make WillowPond TTS sing. Is this true--re the DECtalk Archives have a file in which it was singing.

Ulysses, KJ7ERC
She/they
Reedsy

2014-09-24 19:35:09

Yes. You can. Just switch the variant to the choir voice, and it will sing everything NVDA reads. This is awesome!

“Can we be casual in the work of God — casual when the house is on fire, and people are in danger of being burned?” — Duncan Campbell
“There are four things that we ought to do with the Word of God – admit it as the Word of God, commit it to our hearts and minds, submit to it, and transmit it to the world.” — William Wilberforce

2014-09-24 19:55:30 (edited by Green Gables Fan 2014-09-24 19:56:08)

I was talking about unrestricted singing, not presetted singing. I went on-line to their web site and this is what I learnt.
You can use the commands {{Spanish}} Hola, como estas? Ay am duing {{English}} Good.
Also, I heard that programmers can get their own kit and make new voices based on the twenty preset voices.
One thing I don't like about it is that it makes a slight clicking sound whenever I interrupt it and then resume what I was doing.

Ulysses, KJ7ERC
She/they
Reedsy

2014-09-24 20:15:40

Yes, it is possible, but I do not know the commands to make it sing. On SoftVoice's website, there was a file of the child voice singing Twinkle Twinkle Little Star.

2014-09-24 21:12:00

I recently learned keynote gold was made by berkley speech technologies. I wonder if they still exist and if they would make keynote gold for nvda and for android?

2014-09-24 21:16:03

yes if you use the choirboy voice with willowpond tts with nvda it will sing everything.

2014-09-24 22:47:50

Hi.
When I load the addon, it does nothing. I mean there's no speech what so ever. my windows is 64 bit at least I think it is, does that make a difference?

I'm gone for real :)

2014-09-24 23:48:44

@Josh, I'm not looking for that kind of singing. I'm looking for a way for Willow Pond to sing what I want it to sing. Plus, Mellow male and Choirboy both sing the same thing.

Ulysses, KJ7ERC
She/they
Reedsy

2014-09-25 00:18:40

to have speech you have to turn off the automatic language switching and automatic dialect switching checkboxes. at least that's what I've been told.

2014-09-25 00:20:55

I just tested this. so before you load the softvoice voice, first go into your voices dialog and make sure automatic language switching is not checked and automatic dialect switching is also not checked. hit ok, then save the configuration then load softvoice. and it will speak.

2014-09-25 02:00:11

Hi.  That works great. Hmm these voices aren't that good. OK some of them are funny but for reading things. Well you'd not want to read a home work assignment with the singing voices for example.

I'm gone for real :)

2014-09-25 11:33:40

I agree. I'd rather use it for singing than fpr speaking LOL. It's funny though that it doesn't work when you have those check boxes on. At first I wondered why it stopped working but then I figured out why. I actually had to use my Braille display to figure out what the problem was. Plus like I said, they click if you interrupt them and then start it up again.

Ulysses, KJ7ERC
She/they
Reedsy

2014-09-25 13:52:18

hey rather than reinvent the wheel, why not just modify the eloquence code to work with keynote gold multimedia multilingual? and guys you will need to convert between decimal and hexidecimal. now its not that hard in a google search just type something like this... convert 0xffff to decimal. hit enter then read the result. hex numbers always seem to start with 0x, followed by the number whether it be ae or ffff or dddd. so here is the link to the code. rather than reinvent the wheel maybe this code could just be modded or added to to make keynote gold multimedia multilingual software work? the link is.

http://klango.net/en/forum/thread/tid/897755/page/5

2014-09-25 13:55:25

hey humanware, or berkeley text to speech guys from the early 90s, if you are out there please get back to me maybe you can help if you wish? thanks.

2014-09-25 15:15:17 (edited by FamilyMario 2014-09-25 15:16:12)

Sorry but Berkley Speech Technologies isn't around anymore. They have since been purchased by Lernout & Hauspie Speech Products in the mid 90s, who in return, were purchased by Nuance Communications, although Nuance does not have anything to do with Keynote, but Humanware just purchased the rights to Keynote.

2014-09-25 16:31:25

why bother with keynote and soft-voice? if nv speech player had espeak's phoneme and multilingual capabilities while keeping its eloquence and dec-talk and keynote sounding voices we'd have it! why reinvent the wheel? I did a comparison of eloquence and dec-talk and speech player and espeak with klatt4.
1. eloquence is great but is technically illegal to use.
2. eloquence doesn't have nearly nearly as many languages as espeak.
3. soft voice is sort of clippy, a  bit quiet and only reads english. not much bass either.
4. dec talk, good but hardly any bass and only reads english.
5. keynote. great phonemes like espeak, just like espeak. but like dec talk, and soft voice hardly any bass when you desire bass.
5. keynote, not many languages to choose from either.
6. speech player? great eloquence like intonation, voices with bass that sounds like eloquence or dec talk depending on the variant you pick. 2014.6.4 is best. disadvantages? phonemes are bad. it only reads english. but its based on espeak, so both phonemes issues and multilingual abilities could easily be fixed. come on guys nv speech player since I ran through and tested each speech synth legal and illegal ones. speech player is where we should be focusing our efforts. speech player all the way!

2014-09-26 19:45:05

If memory serves, Berkeley Systems were the makers of outSpoken. That was the predecessor to VoiceOver. I love the VoiceOver voices, and I'm wondering if they could be ported over to NVDA somehow? I'm not talking about the Vocalizer voices, as NVDA already works with those. But I'm referring to Fred, Bruce, Alex and the other ones that come pre-installed on the Mac.  I'm pretty sure these are the Macintalk voices but someone please correct me if I'm mistaken. Having said all that though, someday when I get really good on here I'll have to run Windows on my Mac so that I can use NVDA again. It sounds like a bunch of cool stuff has been added to that screen reader. Awhile back I heard Softvoice and it sounded awesome! I do remember Patrick Perdue's Drunk WillowPond TTS demo and it was great. All righty then, I'm off to fix me some lunch!

2014-09-26 22:54:46

Unfortunately not. Macintalk is based on MacOS API's, just like Microsoft SAPI. It'd be like trying to port Microsoft Sam to the Mac.

“Can we be casual in the work of God — casual when the house is on fire, and people are in danger of being burned?” — Duncan Campbell
“There are four things that we ought to do with the Word of God – admit it as the Word of God, commit it to our hearts and minds, submit to it, and transmit it to the world.” — William Wilberforce

2014-09-27 08:20:51

I'm wondering though, why doesn't they include a file to tell us how Softvoice sing and all its commands? Really like to make something out of the Colossus voice LOL. Also, does the
{{command}}
of Softvoice that allows us to put commands in work with the NVDA addon? I attempted to copy-and-paste the {{command}} thing but it didn't work.

Team rocket's blasting off again!

2014-09-27 15:34:16

If s, somebody from the DECtalk Archive must have attempted it to make it sing.

Ulysses, KJ7ERC
She/they
Reedsy

2015-12-18 17:06:14

There is a new version of the softvoice addon on Jeff's sight. It includes new sliders and combo boxes.

2015-12-20 10:00:26

You wanna know what would be really cool is to have a multivoice reading things to you with NVDA. So you could have a treo voice to use as an AddOn with NVDA for example. And we need to make a voice changer for NVDA. Similar to the speech and sounds manager for Jaws that the user could customize different voices for different attributes of text and what not.

Sincerely:
John Follis
Check out my YouTube Channel.