2014-09-18 23:38:28

Hi all,
I'm wondering about the best way to record YouTube videos. I've got the following devices:
PC, windows 7
PC, windows 8
iPhone 4S
Samsung Galaxy S4 (android)
I'm kind of interested in how to go about recording it on mobile devices, as the pc stuff looks a: a little complex and b: takes up a lot of hd space, although my win8 pc does have a bigger hd so I could record stuff there.
I'm wondering about:
-Let's plays (I don't have a webcam though so you wouldn't see me),
-general blogging and speaking (I think I'd do this with mobile devices as I'd kind of like to be seen.
I'm not really sure how to use the Samsung camera app, or on iOS, whether it's worth using YouTube Captcha. the phone seems to vibrate a lot with the Samsung camera app and I don't know if it supports flicking, it acts a bit odd. If anyone could possibly help it'd be much appreciated.
Thanks in advance.
Regards,
Aaron

2014-09-19 11:49:54

why do you want to record youtube videos, while you can download them? these days, there are couples of programs which offers the opportunity to download youtube and other sites videos with good video and audio quality. I myself am using YTD Video downloader, which allows you to download videos from more than 50 sites, and this number is continuously increasing. So, if you want help on how to get and use this program, I will help you. also, I forgot to say, it allows you to convert the downloaded videos into MP3, iPad video, PSP video, iPhone video etc.
Hope it's what you need.

2014-09-19 12:51:22

Hi,
I'd like to create my own YouTube videos that I can upload to my jukesy1992 channel, not record the audio from existing ones.

2014-09-19 17:02:47

that's alright, you can just download them and not convert, that program I mentioned before offers this feature. I really recommend that program.

2014-09-21 01:10:46

Afrim, you're getting the point wrong... he does not want to record videos from youtube. He wants to make his own videos and put them on youtube...

Discord: clemchowder633

2014-09-21 04:25:48

For windows XP and later, (Win7 inclueded,) Windows Movie Maker, the "Windows Essentials" version.
Native YouTube Mobile app for either platform should do fine...

2014-09-21 07:00:46

Ok, really sorry, in this case, if you have a Samsung galaxy s4, than use it, it has a great camera, with simultaneous Audio and HD video recording, and also the audio quality is nice. As my friend tried to record a sterrio audio song, and it sounded like the original song.

2014-09-21 12:48:08

Hi,
Where can I find the record feature in the YouTube mobile app? I foun search easily enough, I see somethin about opening a guide, but I'm also a little confused.

2014-09-21 14:09:36

is there any opportunity to record those videos in the phone memory, then upload them manually on youtube? I don't know about youtube mobile app.

2014-09-23 20:59:24

My understanding is that many lets players in the sighted community use a distinct "scratch drive" which should be of reasonable speed to record raw video onto, though this is for HD usually where the transfer rate required would be quite high. I think the bulk of the reason they do this is that encoding on the fly would negatively impact game performance, something you may or may not experience with the lower requirements of audio games if those are what you intend to record. In any case a 1TB 7200RPM drive from your favourite hard drive manufacturer shouldn't be too ridiculous in price.

I've considered doing Xbox lets plays myself but the capture card required would be horribly expensive, plus I'm not the best console gamer among the VI community by a very long margin, in fact I'm not sure I'm even passable. It all just seemed far too complicated for any potential gain.

cx2
-----
To live by honour and to honour life, these are our greatest strengths and our best hopes.

2014-09-24 13:32:50

How does YTD Converter differ from YouTube to MP3 converter or some of the other stuff, and where can it be found?

Ulysses, KJ7ERC
She/they
Reedsy

2014-09-27 16:29:53

The difference between Free youtube to mp3 converter and YTD video downloader is that YTD video downloader supports downloading from more than 50 websites, whereas free youtube to mp3 converter only from youtube. Not only you can download videos from more than 50 sites, but you can also convert them among popular formats, such as MP3, iPhone & iPad video, PSP video etc.
YTD video downloader can be found here:
http://www.ytddownloader.com/installers/SetupYTD.exe

If you need further information about this, leave a comment again.

Wish you all a good time!

2014-09-29 12:42:29

@aaron

You wont find a record button in the official Youtube mobile app because recording from Youtube and saving for offline use is a copyright violation and not endorsed by Youtube's Terms of service.

No end user really cares, but streaming and downloading engage different exclusive rights under copyright law.

Google as the owner of Youtube does not frown on Youtube downloaders,  not least because it cuts into their  ad revenue and pisses off the big copyright holders.

If you want a recording app for Youtube, you wont get it from the IOS or Google App store.

But there are a lot of video downloaders for Windows, Mac and Linux.

The most accessible and free is pontes media downloader.

m

2014-09-30 17:05:34

Hello all,
I'd like to clear up some confusion. I don't want a way to download videos, I'd like a way to upload my own. To do that though, I need to make, or record, the video, which is why this topic has the name recording YouTube videos. If you wish, I could change the title to something like recording my own YouTube videos.
I have the following devices:
iPhone
Android
and windows
If I'm on my android, for instance, how would I create a new video? What are the most accessible apps?

2014-09-30 22:11:41

Maybe just recording videos for youtube? People do seem to keep thinking you mean recording from youtube instead, it seems a little frustrating.

cx2
-----
To live by honour and to honour life, these are our greatest strengths and our best hopes.

2014-10-04 16:36:47

Well, if it’s not any “record button” on the Youtube Mobile app, then try the following:
Record/capture a video with your iPhone 4S or Samsung galaxy s4, “Samsung galaxy s4 suggested because it supports simultaneous audio and HD video recording, which means sterrio recording”.
Set the directory to SD memory card if you already have one and continue to record the video. Use any card reader to attach your memory card to, and copy and upload it to youtube via your computer. It’s easy.
The other way: Record/capture and save the video to the built-in device storage. Plug in your USB adaptor to your computer. Basically the windows itself installs some drivers to get to know with the device. After you’ve plugged in your device, certainly Samsung galaxy s4, in the windows explorer will be shown the folder, or by clicking “open device to view the files, using windows explorer” in the auto play dialog box.
Go to DCIM where there will be a folder called “camera”. There is the video stored in it, just to be sure, click the video or the files there to see if it’s the one who you are looking for and copy it to any folder into your computer.
Upload it via your PC, again, it’s very easy using Gmail.
This ways are working for me, but I am not doing them for this purpose.
Hope you find them really working as well.
Wish you all a good time!