2014-09-16 02:42:15

I have heard a lot of big finish doctor who but I was wondering what you thaught the best stories were.
I have a lot so I will not list them all.

2014-09-16 07:01:38

Hi,
I personaly like Emeny of the daleks... Another good one is the darkeyes series with the eighth doctor...
Ot: I also recommend the stargate productions that they have done...
The first 2 seasons are similar to the companion chronicles, and the third season is big finish's more traditional format...
HTH...
Thanks,

Daniel

2014-09-16 10:32:51

Funny seeing this topic now, I have just started  listening to all the old monthly episodes again starting right from the original Sirens of Time.

I personally have all theDr. who stuff and have concentrated on that, me being a big Whovian as I am, so can't speak for stargage. I have their sherlock holmes and Dorian grey stuff but haven't heard them yet.

As far as D.r who goes, well there are so many good ones it's actually quite a task to list them all. I agree Enemy of the Daleks was a good one, I also  very much liked the I davros series and Dalek Empire, at least as far as season 3.

I really enjoyed the audio story Davros, and also Master, sinse they were just great takes on some fascinating characters, and I very much liked The Crimes of Thomas Brooster.

I also really enjoyed the lost story Farewell to great  massidon.

Most recently, I thought the return of Sil in Antidote to Oblivian was good,  and I  am interested to see where dark eyes goes what with the Eminance plot, although much as I like  the Eminance in concept I really don't like the way they're  realized in audio, the voice is just far too meladromatic.

Spoilage ahoy!

I appreciated Hex's death in God's and Monsters, and it was a nice shocking moment, especially tying together so many old threads going  right back to the forge, sinse the 7th Doctor vs the elder Gods is a great conflict,  (plus I did rather enjoy Curse of Fenric as a Tv story), however, I am a bit disappointed with the "ooh look he's back but amnesiac, and for some reason him and ace finally got together" it just seems a bit too Steven mophat in the quick resolution and relationships for the sake of relationshipsparticularly chickening out from actually letting us see Hector and Ace get together and just saying "oooh look it happened" it's a very artificial conflict.

I liked the idea of this recent Hex arc, with hector being a different version of Hex returned to earth as a gangster, but as it's going on  I'm not liking how it's being done at all, far too quick and  superficial to really matter.

Now I'm actualy off to hear more Bf episodes, (I've got up to winter for the adept. I don't remember that as being a particularly good story, but Spector of Lenian   mour quite impressed me and was much better than I recall so maybe I'll be  pleasantly surprised).

With our dreaming and singing, Ceaseless and sorrowless we! The glory about us clinging Of the glorious futures we see,
Our souls with high music ringing; O men! It must ever be
That we dwell in our dreaming and singing, A little apart from ye. (Arthur O'Shaughnessy 1873.)