2014-09-13 21:37:30

Hi all!

I'm currently involved in a project for a class dedicated to benefit me for future plans, whether it be college, independent living, or a job.  I don't want to get too involved with the premise of this course, but I do have one question:

I'm in to radio broadcasting and am involved with the morning announcements team at our high school.  It is my assignment to find someone with the same career as my goal to interview them and ask questions.

Is there anyone on this forum or anyone who knows of someone that fit the role of radio broadcaster, host, DJ, producer, etc?  I would love to get in contact and chat with them.
big_smile

Best Regards,

Luke

What game will hadi.gsf want to play next?

2014-09-13 22:58:13

Hi.
well most of the people on tbrn.net are blind.
A lot of them are still round.
on this forum there is shanelowe, I think powergamer who is on grenade radio
And maybe a few other old timers.
I have not done exactly much but I have a certificate and I have co hosted a few things with another person who is not blind but still
What questions do you want, ask here I am sure someone will be able to respond.

2014-09-14 03:51:36

Well, it's a lengthy list, and I think I'm to conduct an interview rather than give a list for you to answer.

Best Regards,

Luke

2014-09-14 16:33:19 (edited by scotf2012 2014-09-14 16:34:48)

Your best bet, as far as a blind professional in the field, would probably be Jonathan Mosen from Mosen Consulting.  He hosts his own show called The Mosen Explosion.  He also hosts FSCast, and has done a bunch of other radio work in New Zealand.  I realize that this almost reads like an advertisement, but seriously, he's your dude, if you can get a hold of him.

2014-09-14 19:44:40

I was a broadcast media professional working in both radio and TV in Canada. I have since switched my career to access technology instruction due to inaccessibility in the in house software that is part of every day life in Canada's broadcast media outlets. I'm only a year out of the game though so if that fits the bill I'd be happy to do an interview with you. I won awards in audio production (my forte), have worked as a producer for a nation wide morning show on the TV side, spent two years as morning show host and music director for a couple of small stations and tried my hand at current affairs programming as well. I hope to get back to broadcast media one day, the problem is that I've got to fund development for accessibility solutions for software that's impossible to get hold of as a consumer.

2014-09-15 21:36:06

@Shuteye,

Yes -- you're exactly what I'm looking for!
big_smile
Quite a plethora of skills.  I'd love to interview you if you have the chance.

Feel free to contact me through private message or email at [email protected]

Or you can Skype me, doesn't matter to me.

Best Regards,

Luke