2007-07-07 13:09:33

Hi all,
  Last night Thomas Ward of USA Games reported on the Audyssey mailing list that Beta 1 of highly anticipated title Montyzuma's Revenge is now available for download on the USA Games web site. The beta only features the first two levels, but it gives you a pretty good idea of what the game has to offer. Below are my own impressions.
  Personally I feel that, quite apart from its beng much more stable, Beta 1 is much better than the Alpha version released last summer. For one thing, it's much more challenging in that there are ore enemies to avoid, more traps to avoid and of course more places to explore. Granted the jumping was better in Alpha 1 my opinion, seeing as you just pressed the space bar and made sure you were facin the direction you wanted to go, but its still very workable. To check it out for yourself, go to http://www.usagames.us and download the beta. Just make sure you have the latest DirectX and .net fraework on your machine. Of course if you play Rail Race you should already be set since RR requires both the latest .net framework and a earlier version and they shouldn't conflict with one another. So go check out the Monty Beta. Don't quote me on it yet, but from the sounds of things it looks as though we could be seeing the full version of Monty before the end of the year. I know Thomas was hoping for that and it sounds as though he might be able to pull it off.

But wait, what's that? A transport! Saved am I! Hark, over here! Hey nonny non, please help!