2014-09-01 15:06:28

I was just think as a blind person how could we make it through the purge? For people who doesn't know what the purge is it is one night out of the year ware all crime is legal from 7 PM to 7 AM the following day. So I ask what steps as a blind person or any person with a disability could we take to make it through this one night a year?

Bitcoin Address:
1MeNca7h6m8du4TV3psN4m4X666p6Y36u5m

2014-09-01 15:59:08

Hmmm, not be in a country with such an insane law? or maybe take advantage of the fact that crime is legal to Not be in a country with such a ridiculous legal system for a start big_smile.

Otherwise invest in raiser wire, bare traps, electrified fenses and lots of other illegal security precautions, sinse hay if nothing is illegal, that must also count extreme protection measures big_smile.

With our dreaming and singing, Ceaseless and sorrowless we! The glory about us clinging Of the glorious futures we see,
Our souls with high music ringing; O men! It must ever be
That we dwell in our dreaming and singing, A little apart from ye. (Arthur O'Shaughnessy 1873.)

2014-09-01 17:28:59

I agree.

Bitcoin Address:

2014-09-01 17:57:59

Fake blood, check.
Rubber Halloween knife, check.
Trash your house a little so it looks like someone robbed the place.
Rub the blood on yourself and glue knife so you appear to have been stabbed.
Lie lifeless in a corner somewhere.
Check Audiogames.net the next morning to see who else made it.  smile

- Aprone
Please try out my games and programs:
Aprone's software

2014-09-02 03:08:50

Hi Everyone.
Rofl aprone that was a good one. Well I didn't listen to this movie since it seemed like one of those goofie sci-fi b-movies but it is an interesting point. What on earth would we do if the purge was worldwide? Everywhere people would be getting killed or robbed or just about any crime you can imagine. And what happens the rest of the year when the purge isn't going on? Are crimes committed or are people just nice and polite to each other until the purge comes around again?
If we did have a purge day that would pretty much be a serial killer's christmas since you just go out and kill all the people you want until the purge ends.

Guitarman.
What has been created in the laws of nature holds true in the laws of magic as well. Where there is light, there is darkness,  and where there is life, there is also death.
Aerodyne: first of the wizard order

2014-09-02 07:46:23

Steel reinforced concrete bunker in your basement with heavy steel door bolted with a ginormous steel bar from the inside and 24 hours worth of food and water. It'd give you a chance to catch up on your reading at least.

Or buy a retired armoured vehicle from the army, they do actually sell those just with deactivated weapons, and seal yourself in. When I say deactivated weapons they apparently weld a steel rod down the barrel so it can't be used.

cx2
-----
To live by honour and to honour life, these are our greatest strengths and our best hopes.

2014-09-02 11:12:21

One interesting point about the purge is actually after a few years whether it would be that violent at all, sinse odds are most people would have the same idea as regards steel reinforced bunkers etc, so likely it'd devolve into a situation where anyone wanting to commit violence wandered around the streets and most people just sicured themselves at home.

funnily enough I imagine the major problem after a while wouldn't be the killing and robbings and what not, so much as the people who used the opportunity to commit either smaller domestic type crime, or large scale embezlement or the like, sinse it would be a perfect time for say a company to fire all their disabled employees or commit similar discrimination without needing to work around the law and find an excuse.

Of course, the purge is also predicated on the idea that the force which stops most people commiting crimes is actually the law, which doesn't seem to be the case for many people, , indeed when my brother worked as a criminal soliciter he said that the majority of criminals he encountered were more guilty of stupidity than anything else.

HeckI've engaged in several mildly illegal activities myself such as my brief experiences with canabis and occasional copying of things the fat cats wouldn't agree about.

I therefore suspect the purge would only affect a certain percentage of the population, and likely the rest of the population would take measures to control that percentage , sinse after all where did laws come from in the first place?

This is why I suspect the major problem wouldn't be the thugs wandering around the streets, so much as all those corporate and middle management morons who currently have to work around the law to enforce their petty little whims on others, and for many of whom the law is indeed the only restraint on their greed or prejudice, and often not much of that sinse there are ways around it anyway.

With our dreaming and singing, Ceaseless and sorrowless we! The glory about us clinging Of the glorious futures we see,
Our souls with high music ringing; O men! It must ever be
That we dwell in our dreaming and singing, A little apart from ye. (Arthur O'Shaughnessy 1873.)

2014-09-02 13:53:29

Isn't this what they do in New Year's Eve in the United States? That's why they tell you you shouldn't travel before 20:0 and after 4:00, because crimes would be high, even if it was still illegal, immoral and unethical.

Ulysses, KJ7ERC
She/they
Reedsy

2014-09-02 22:07:14

Well in the movie it did give references to the rich so I think the rich would have a better advantage. As for people being good until the purge I don't think that would happen. There is always going to be crime.

Bitcoin Address: