2014-08-31 15:28:52

hi, now I have a toshiba TV with an android OS, running at 4.2
at the TV setting, I see accessibility, but I don't see talkback there.
I check at playstore but talkback is already there.
I also have a samsung TV, but this one doesn't have any OS.
so, any talking TV that I can buy rather than that toshiba TV running an android OS without talkback installed?

going in to the wilds, collecting pokedex, and capturing them are my kind of thing,
training them, making them evolve, and generally making them stronger is my ultimate goal,
fighting other manamon tamers, winning the tournament, and fighting octoros are what these manamons like to do,
and ultimately, I become the master of mana!

2014-08-31 17:56:40

I've no experience with Android but it's possible that Talkback really is installed but that the manufacturer has changed the settings interface and has neglected to include an option for it, they may not have even known it was even there. That's one of the flaws of Android, manufacturers can mess around with the interface if they so choose.

Note I'm not saying this is the case, just that it's worth exploring as to whether it is.

cx2
-----
To live by honour and to honour life, these are our greatest strengths and our best hopes.

2014-08-31 19:33:45

Hi, you can buy an apple tv but it's expencive

I post sounds I record to freesound. Click here to visit my freesound page
I usually post game recordings to anyaudio. Click here to visit my anyaudio page

2014-08-31 20:37:37

Expensive? They are only 99 dollars, if i do recall. Keep in mind, Android TV's, well, back in the day, were known as Google TV.
Android TV is still fairly new.

2014-08-31 20:58:38

Apple TV isn't so much a TV system as a streaming box, there might be some limited ability to watch live content but mostly it's on demand stuff and anything you have stored on a computer running iTunes in the same house. While it is most likely very good at what it does it just fills a different function than a TV.

cx2
-----
To live by honour and to honour life, these are our greatest strengths and our best hopes.

2014-09-01 01:19:59

so  this apple tv can only watch tv that is stored in Itunes and I can watch local TV? And for the android TV itself, where can I find the setting to enable talkback? I can find the setting for TTS but not for talkback.

going in to the wilds, collecting pokedex, and capturing them are my kind of thing,
training them, making them evolve, and generally making them stronger is my ultimate goal,
fighting other manamon tamers, winning the tournament, and fighting octoros are what these manamons like to do,

2014-09-01 17:20:07

Text to Speech should be what you want. And again, the apple TV itself is not a TV. It's a box that goes into your existing set.

Discord: clemchowder633

2014-09-02 12:40:40

i can only hear an example of that TTS, but I can't enable it.