2014-08-30 21:49:52

Hi. I'm looking for some sound themes for windows 7. In particular, some sort of Linux sound scheme (ubuntu, fedora, Debian) sounds in particular.

“Can we be casual in the work of God — casual when the house is on fire, and people are in danger of being burned?” — Duncan Campbell
“There are four things that we ought to do with the Word of God – admit it as the Word of God, commit it to our hearts and minds, submit to it, and transmit it to the world.” — William Wilberforce

2014-08-31 03:03:49

Blindncool, sound schemes aren't really that common on Linux. Although, some desktops have specific themes, per se. I suppose I could go ahead and make a sound theme for Windows 7, but they don't have as many sounds as Windows has.

For example, the default theme for Gnome is pretty simplistic all things considered. There is the jungle drub beats when logging into Gnome, and there is a shorter version for logging out. The display manager usually has a short drub beat to indicate when the log in screen appears. There are a few other sounds for default sound, when toggling a radio button, etc but really its not that fantastic. So before I go ahead and package up a sound theme I'd be curious more as to what you were aiming for here, or is this just a curiosity thing.

Sincerely,
Thomas Ward
USA Games Interactive
http://www.usagamesinteractive.com

2014-08-31 18:43:00

More of a curiosity thing.

“Can we be casual in the work of God — casual when the house is on fire, and people are in danger of being burned?” — Duncan Campbell
“There are four things that we ought to do with the Word of God – admit it as the Word of God, commit it to our hearts and minds, submit to it, and transmit it to the world.” — William Wilberforce

2014-09-01 03:34:59

Blindncool, in that case perhaps the thing to do is to simply zip up the ogg files that make up the default sound scheme as there really aren't that many sounds for Linux sound schemes. I have actually created my own, because the ones that come with most distributions are pretty boring. Plus there aren't enough sounds to create a full theme for Windows since Windows 7 has two or three times the number of possible sounds in its basic sound schemes.

Sincerely,
Thomas Ward
USA Games Interactive
http://www.usagamesinteractive.com