2014-08-26 11:44:52 (edited by Socheat 2014-08-26 11:46:15)

Hi all,

I just got 7 m4b files, and I played it with windows media player. the file is playing but I don't hear the sound in the movie. Am I missing  something?
And one more thing: if it possible, how do I convert these file to MP3 or something else? is there any software out there to convert these?

Thanks.

2014-08-26 22:23:53

Hi Socheat.
I've never played m4b files with windows media player so I don't what will happen. I would recommend you open them in iTunes and see if it plays properly. As for a converter I've wanted something like this for a long time. I think you could open the m4b file in windows movie maker and convert it into audio. Or open it in soundtap since I think it doubles as a movie player. I think you can also open them windows media player that might work.

Guitarman.
What has been created in the laws of nature holds true in the laws of magic as well. Where there is light, there is darkness,  and where there is life, there is also death.
Aerodyne: first of the wizard order

2014-08-26 22:31:23

M4b files play with itunes. If they are not encrypted, other players will work with them.

Deep in the human unconscious is a pervasive need for a logical universe that makes sense. But the real universe is always one step beyond logic.

2014-08-27 03:11:49

Doesn't ITunes see M4b files as audio books? ITunes sees them as such on my in. If I am remembering right, M4B files are basicly in the same format as M4A files. With ITunes on my computer, M4B files are audio books. ITunes also sees M4R files as ring tunes on my system. If I remembering right, winamp should play these fine. I wonder if VLC will...

All that is gold does not glitter, Not all those who wander are lost; The old that is strong does not wither, Deep roots are not reached by the frost. From the ashes a fire shall be woken, A light from the shadows shall spring; Renewed shall be blade that was broken, The crownless again shall be king.
DropBox Referral

2014-08-27 10:47:13

Ok, I will try these. thanks for your answer guys.

2014-08-28 03:40:17 (edited by Socheat 2014-08-28 03:40:47)

Yeah, vlc did the job. good.

2014-08-28 22:22:40

that's good.

All that is gold does not glitter, Not all those who wander are lost; The old that is strong does not wither, Deep roots are not reached by the frost. From the ashes a fire shall be woken, A light from the shadows shall spring; Renewed shall be blade that was broken, The crownless again shall be king.
DropBox Referral