2014-08-21 00:30:08

Hello guys I do like the line. I will tell you that it sounds like a linux asterisk server. Anyway I'm VI my self so talking to sighted girls is hard so I think this would be good.

(phone number removed by moderator). That is my number and
you can always text me your comments any time.

Bitcoin Address:
1MeNca7h6m8du4TV3psN4m4X666p6Y36u5m

2014-08-21 14:21:05

Moderation!

@hhurstseth405
, giving out your private phone number on the internet is not only a really bad idea! you risk  everything from  telimarkiting to stalkers being able to phone you, or even being able to track you through your number.

Philip's service will have a way to preserve  your privacy, so if you want to sign up do it then, rather than giving out  potentially dangerous information on the forum that  anybody can get via Google (remember all your posts are public). 

I  have removed your number from your post in order to preserve your privacy.

With our dreaming and singing, Ceaseless and sorrowless we! The glory about us clinging Of the glorious futures we see,
Our souls with high music ringing; O men! It must ever be
That we dwell in our dreaming and singing, A little apart from ye. (Arthur O'Shaughnessy 1873.)

2014-08-23 23:10:03

Philip, on behalf of the many, many older or newly blind clients I train on a weekly basis, thank you! I will be telling them about BlindDateLine within the next week. All of you detracting from what Philip has done, keep in mind the following. If someone has experienced loss of vision within the last couple of years, advanced computer use is way out of their league. I was saddened to hear about GWConnect's death because many of my clients don't have the skill to explore an ever changing environment in skype. The same goes for advanced orientation and mobility skills. Adding to that, in Toronto at least, many blind and visually impaired people live in low income housing areas which are an absolute nightmare to find one's way around in, even for me, a seasoned world traveler. Many of my isolated clients will benefit from this service and I think I'll give it a wearl too! Quest and LavaLife were fun while the free trials lasted. smile

2014-08-25 14:29:50

@shuteye: Thank you so much for those kind words! This was a very fun project to work on, and if it turns out to be useful to some people then all the better. Currently we have just under 40 users, though not all of them have profiles of their own.

Kind regards,

Philip Bennefall

2014-08-25 19:19:40

@Dark, should there be a notice that the number was removed or not? If a stalker noticed that the number was removed, wouldn't that make them think that they, after reading your post, did leave out their phone number?

Ulysses, KJ7ERC
She/they
Reedsy

2014-09-04 22:16:18 (edited by voucherproblem 2014-09-04 22:17:19)

hey phillip i really like that concept i wouldn't mine trying it out would you be interested in selling me a copy of it please let me know thanks

2014-09-05 02:25:45

It's not for sale. I may well give it a try since I tend to prefer to hear a girl's voice rather than just text.

But wait, what's that? A transport! Saved am I! Hark, over here! Hey nonny non, please help!

2014-09-09 00:46:47

I just created an account and have absolutely 0 matches. sad Guess there's nobody in my age range

2014-09-09 01:48:57

@shuteye: While there are definitely a few people in the system, we are nowhere near the numbers I am aiming to see eventually. Let's hope word of mouth is effective!

Kind regards,

Philip Bennefall

2014-09-19 05:42:10

hey Philip seen as not for sale would you please don't know if you can help me set one up always wanted to try setup something like that please if you can help me out

2014-11-02 10:18:36

Hi all,

After some downtime caused by my phone number provider, this service is now finally back up and running again. Sorry to all those who tried to call in! Should this ever happen again, I will be switching providers. Please pass on this information to anyone who may have tried to call during the downtime period. Thanks!

Kind regards,

Philip Bennefall
P.S: To be clear, it is only the phone number that has been unreachable. For all of you who are calling in directly with a SIP client, things should have been working normally.

2014-11-05 03:35:07

While this isn't a service I would personally use, I would just like to make a couple of points.
First of all, post 6 made me laugh. What alternate universe are you living in that would make you think that the NFB would approve of such a service?
The NFB is all about integrating into the sighted world, and its members can be quite aggressive towards those who they feel aren't doing a good enough job at it. So a phone line that is exclusively for blind people to meet other blind people really doesn't sound like anything they would touch with a 50 foot pole.

Also, has this been advertised in other media besides this website? How are people who don't have computers going to know about it if they can't access the internet in order to find out it exists?

The glass is neither half empty nor half full. It's just holding half the amount it can potentially hold.