2007-06-25 03:59:27

Hello All,
Applications are now being accepted for the testing team with BPCPrograms. Please visit www.bpcprograms.com for the application. Hope to see you on the team soon.
Munawar

2007-06-25 05:25:17

Hi Munawar.

It's great to here that Bpc is beginning serious game developement, especially with all the server trouble and other issues, ----- it seems that Bpc has had quite a hard time of it all round.

Can you tell us anything about Bpc's next game project? Is it the long awaited cloning malice ii? or something else?

while I'd personally be interested in beta testing, it would very much depend upon the game. In general sports and racing games aren't exactly my thing, so I don't think I'd be too helpful as a tester, but if it's an action or exploration style game thenn everyone standing betwene me and the signup list better get out of the way or risk being walked over in my enthusiastic rush!

With our dreaming and singing, Ceaseless and sorrowless we! The glory about us clinging Of the glorious futures we see,
Our souls with high music ringing; O men! It must ever be
That we dwell in our dreaming and singing, A little apart from ye. (Arthur O'Shaughnessy 1873.)

2007-06-30 03:16:35

Hi Dark Empathy,
My apologies for the late response. Thank you for the kind words. I returned mainly because of the support I received from the several blind gamers here on the forum. Your compliments in troublesome times really went a long way. I am not able to speak of the game at this time, unfortunately--it is in very early stages of development.
Munawar

2007-07-01 00:58:58

Can you inform us when you have more information as to even the genra of the game?
Thanks.

Official server host for vgstorm.com and developer of the Manamon 2 netplay server.
PSA: sending unsolicited PMs or emails to people you don't know asking them to buy you stuff is disrespectful. You'll just be ignored, so don't waste your time.

2007-07-01 14:32:46

Trajectory wrote:

Can you inform us when you have more information as to even the genra of the game?
Thanks.

Certainly. Everything will be revealed at the appropriate moment. However, I have told my testers about nondisclosure, so I must also follow it.

2007-07-02 17:59:27

hey munawar,
I think this is great news. Your game treasure hunt was really good, and I think this next game will be too. I am also interested in beta testing, I will fill out the application. How much longer  will you be accepting testers? Later.

Regards,
Mike
Co-Founder, RS Games
www.rsgames.org

2007-07-02 18:08:06

Hi again, I justwent on the site, but can't find any application. ,thanks

Regards,
Mike
Co-Founder, RS Games
www.rsgames.org

2007-07-02 18:27:36

i can't find anny aplication eighter.

I live to crochet!

2007-07-04 14:16:48

Hello,
Testers are no longer being accepted. The application was taken offline about two days after this post because the team filled up quite quickly.
Munawar

2007-07-04 16:13:11 (edited by Mike 2007-07-04 16:51:10)

This really isn't right, I was away last week, and I've never beta tested before and really wanted to test.

Regards,
Mike
Co-Founder, RS Games
www.rsgames.org

2007-07-04 19:55:16

Hi Mike,

I don't think youve got any right to call Munawar for being unfair.  He, like all other developers, doesn't have to wait for you.  He submitted the testing application, and it's not his problem that you wern't there to apply.  The team's full according to him, so, better luk next time.  If you want to test so bad, never leave your c omputer and apply for every testing posission that comes out on the open.  Maybe, just maybe, someone will except you, and you will stop complaining that it's unfair.

I'm really sorry for eing rude.

-Malloc

2007-07-05 00:16:39

Hi maloc, This is none of your business! I was just saying that 2 days is clearly not long enough to accept beta tester applications. Would it really hurt to have a few extra testers? And that's just the point, I can't sit at my computer 24/7. And I think yo're the one being rude, and I doubt thay you're sorry about it! Some nerve, to turn arund and say I'm complaining with a 2 line post...

Regards,
Mike
Co-Founder, RS Games
www.rsgames.org

2007-07-05 01:22:15

With all due respect, Mike, you should really watch what you say and how you say it. There is a huge difference between saying something is "unfortunate" or "a pain" or some such, and saying it's "not right".
Point 1: You posting your opinion in the way you have, using the words you have and the tone you have, does indeed look a fair bit like complaining. You can complain with short posts; being a pretty dedicated forum-goer, I know this well. Ergo, your dismissal of your post as lacking complaint based on its length and based on the fact that it was not prolonged in detail over multiple posts is irrelevant.
Point 2: You are not the person in charge of accepting testers, and thus you have no right to say what is and isn't right on that score. Is it unfortunate that the window of chance was short enough that you missed your shot? Yes, perhaps...although with the attitude you've conveyed far in the past and the ghost of its return here now makes that questionable. Does that short window of opportunity give you the right to cite the action as wrong just because it doesn't suit you? No, I should think not. How many baseball players try and file complaints when a 100-mile-an-hour fastball strikes them out with 2 down and the bases fulll? How many many hockey players file complaints against goalies who rob them of their chance to score a crucial goal in overtime? None...and their windows of opportunity are a matter of less than a second each!

Have some dignity, please, I beg of you. You needn't insult anyone, get terribly defensive or try to throw down judgment because you are unhappy. Take it on the chin and try next time. Or, since your signature includes the title "X-sight Software Developer", perhaps get some projects rolling and hire some testers of your own based on your own standards or, failing that, use your time to be productive rather than to lament your missed chances. Good day.

Check out my Manamon text walkthrough at the following link:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/z8ls3rc3f4mkb … n.txt?dl=1

2007-07-05 03:26:29

Heh, sorry, I was frustrated, but I did search that site up and down and found nothing. Axs for X-Sight, I shouldn' really say much, but hopefully we'll have some games out one day, development is moving kind of slow particularly because the manager is being really picky about audio libraries and encryption. Should'nt say much about that, though.

Regards,
Mike
Co-Founder, RS Games
www.rsgames.org

2007-07-05 03:33:33

Being frustrated is an understandable response; taking out said frustration in the manner mentioned above...not so wise, mayhap. I've no quarrel with you so long as you realize that. *smiles*

No matter how fast the application was taken down, that's not really any of our business. Obviously, it was decided that enough worthy applicants went for the position, to the point where leaving the application open longer would just create overcrowding. Have faith that perhaps BPC closed so fast because they're proud of what they've got and intend to move quickly to make the most of their testers and such. Who knows?

2007-07-05 07:14:13

well there's one thing to know. if yo only have it up for a number of hours, people with timezone differences cannot join, if you put it up at the wrong time. i mean, it gives people in other countries a lessened chance or something similar lol.

2007-07-05 15:47:12

Yeah, that's just what I mean.

Regards,
Mike
Co-Founder, RS Games
www.rsgames.org

2007-07-05 17:59:30 (edited by Munawar 2007-07-05 18:25:15)

andy smith wrote:

You know I went to the site the day he started the topic, I found no application to fill out! And I agree with mike, that wasnt nearly long enough, I searched the entire site up and down but no forms to fill out existed, what happened?

Hello Andy,
This is quite unfortunate, but there is nothing I can do about it now. The application was on the website for two days after the posting of this topic, and there were some who registered that same day, so I must disagree with you that it was taken down too quickly. Perhaps by the time you saw the topic, the application had been taken offline. We accept a very limited number of testers. This is because, as another poster has mentioned, more testers than is necessary only gives some testers a chance to be inactive but yet get a sneak peek at a game, which is not fair in any way to those who are active testers. With an overly large testing team, it becomes difficult for all testers to be monitored in such a way that if they become inactive, they are dropped.
Munawar

2007-07-05 18:04:31

arjan wrote:

well there's one thing to know. if yo only have it up for a number of hours, people with timezone differences cannot join, if you put it up at the wrong time. i mean, it gives people in other countries a lessened chance or something similar lol.

Hello Arjan,
This would be true if the application was online for say, twelve hours. However, the application was released late afternoon of Eastern Time, which would be close to morning across the world. There were some who registered during that time and who were across the world, so I do not agree that being in the UK or elsewhere made a massive difference in your chances of registering. I hate to come across as direct, but this is going way out of hand.
Munawar

2007-07-05 18:23:57

Hello Gamers,
I would like to take this time to clear some things up here. I've been monitoring this topic for the last day, but have chosen this time to respond because everyone has pretty much had a chance to express their opinions. First things first, the application is not going online again. For those of you who missed it, my sincere apologies to you, but we only accept a limited number of testers. This limit was reached two days after the application was put online and this thread created. I could not have changed this.

Next, some of you have pointed out that the application process was done unfairly. I would like to ask you a question at this point. Do you find it unfair because you did not get a chance to register, or do you find it unfair because it actually is unfair? How come no one from the testing team has complained on this thread?

Third, a poster pointed out that opening the application and then taking it down so quickly gave those in different time zones unfair disadvantages. The application was released at about 12:00 PM EST, which is close to 12:00 AM across the world. With the twelve-hour time difference, those in the farthest reaches of the world would have had time to fill out the application the next day if they chose to do so. In fact, there are a couple testers from the twelve-hour difference time zone that did register.

Finally, please remember that no amount of complaining will put the application online again. Another poster mentioned that accepting too many testers may crowd the testing team;this is exactly why BPC accepts such a small number of testers. Too many testers will make monitoring more difficult, and allow some testers to be inactive, yet get a sneak peek at the game. For the active testers, this situation would be unfair.

Thank you to all who registered for the team, and for those who did not make it--either because you were rejected due to violations in the past, or space did not allow--or you just did not reach the application in time, I am sorry, but as I said before, we are no longer accepting testers, and this may not change in the near future.

I rarely post such messages as this one on this forum; however, this thread has gone way out of hand, and I am not at all impressed. Thank you to all who handled the situation well (you know who you are) and who understood the testing situation. Unfortunately there are some who will complain about everything, or at every chance they get to complain.
Munawar

2007-07-05 18:49:25

Also more testers would mean more duplicate reports on the more common bugs, and could be more than BPC are able to sift through.

cx2
-----
To live by honour and to honour life, these are our greatest strengths and our best hopes.

2007-07-06 12:01:43

hi munawar,
i apologize. i only pointed this out as judging by andy's post, it was only up a number of hors. while it is true that it's unfortunate that someone can never test something, it is also true that there is limited space etc. i have no idea what andy is having trouble with as he said he searched for it the day it came out, and didn't find anything.

2007-07-06 16:05:13

Hi, I'm oorry I complained, I just really wanted to test, and like I said I've never beta tested before.

Regards,
Mike
Co-Founder, RS Games
www.rsgames.org

2007-07-06 17:22:34

Um...Mike, if you're a software developer as your signature says, then you are closer to your projects than the average tester gets. Just a note.

Munawar, in response to your posts I will only say this one thing: while the actual time of the posts being open might have been universal, the difference in time zones -could- have a small influence on who is able to apply.  Given that it was open for basically two days, however, basically negates this point. Consider, for a moment. If you opened the application at noon Eastern time (gmt-5), that's 6 p.m. in the greater part of Europe and 9 a.m. Pacific time, not to mention whatever other time zones there are which figure in. Conceivably, depending on time, it's possible that you might have therefore released the applications at a time when some of your interested audience was sleeping/otherwise unavailable. Please not,e, however, that I'm pointing this out only for the purpose of being clear; I am not impuning you and indeed, I support your decision, as you cannot cater to everyone and the fact I stated would be true no matter when you opened and/or closed the application. Having a small number of testers and, consequently, a short time frame during which their applications will be accepted does mean that your window of opportunity is smaller, but it's not unfair...just a little tougher to those interested in trying, as they have less time to fall back upon. The only thing I'll really say that hasn't already been said in one form or other, besides the thing about timing, Munawar, is not to let things get to you too terribly much. The only one who actually did complain was Mike, and he's appologized more than once now. I think it's 100% okay for people to be confused/curious/a little miffed by your decision to act as you have, so long as they aren't targeting you or the company with negative publicity...and while I had my doubts for a bit there, I don't believe it's a worry. Just let it go, I should think, and try not to hold it against anyone.

2007-07-06 21:15:19

that is exactly what i meant; i didn't know andy was wrong.