2014-07-29 18:29:12

Hi,
s the subject suggests, I'v become interested in fanfiction recently. I have been reading several things in a harry potter fanfiction btsync folder. All of the stuff in there is conveniently in a txt format and all organized exactly the same way. I am wondering what sights and/or tools will allow me to do this for offline reading of other fanfictions?
Any help is much apretiated.
Thanks.

2014-07-30 08:54:00

www.ficsave.com is a pretty new site, similar to what flagfic.com use to be.

Sadly flagfic has been down for a few months now.

Unfortunately Ficsave only supports fanfiction.net at the moment.

Just keep in mind that ficsave only saves in epub, pdf, and mobi so you'll need to convert them to txt once you're done.

2014-07-30 15:15:12 (edited by daniel 2014-07-30 15:41:35)

thanks for the help--I can do tht...

Thanks again,

Daniel

2014-07-31 02:59:47

HUH?

YOU'RE TRYING TO TELL ME THERE'S A MORE SIMPLIFIED WAY TO DO WHAT I'VE ALREADY BEEN DOING?
ON FANFICTION.NET AND FICTIONPRESS.NET COM?
I'VE DISABLED MY STYLE SHEETS. SELECTING ALL, THEN SAVING.
HITTING THE NEXT BUTTEN.
then starting over again.
save document...
lather, rinse repeat.
there's a program that will save me from doing this fifty times?
per fiction or horror, scifi link on these sights?
please share the link?
arg, blasted caps lock key.

The eyes, unfortunately, are not the windows to the soul. They are, however, the windows to deception. Trust not what your eyes see, for they can be easily fooled.

2014-07-31 07:14:50

That's exactly what I'm saying. The link is in post 2, and if you're copying and pasting using NVDA, you're not going to get the formatting.

Another reason to use this downloader.

I'm hoping this site will eventually support other fanfiction sites, so we'll just have to wait and see.

2014-07-31 17:24:52

Hi,
Another quick question for you guys: fixav only seems to now do epub and mobi... I'm wondering how you guys convert either of those 2 formats to txt?
Thanks,

Daniel

2014-08-01 12:01:08

Hi.
Try fan fic downloader.
It allows you to download fan fictions as text, html and another format that I forgot.

It's very acccessible and I use it all the time.
Here's the dropbox link.
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/229 … -setup.exe

I hope you enjoy the program.

I'm gone for real :)