2014-07-29 15:30:12

Hiya, I need to modify one of the extensions in my project to add NVDA support.

I need the following functions added:

-Check if NVDA is initialized and being used.
-Read strings fed to NVDA.

The general structure will work like this.

First, the extension checks if NVDA is initialized and is in a ready-to-use state. If false, it will default to using SAPI5. Else, it will read strings through NVDA. I might eventually add the ability to switch between the two as well, or add a config file that allows users to choose whether they prefer SAPI5 or NVDA for the game.

Is there documentation on this sort of implementation?

you like those kinds of gays because they're gays made for straights

2014-07-29 16:04:45

I think that NVDAControllerClient can help.
It can be found at
http://community.nvda-project.org/nvdaC … 0100219.7z
In the archive is the header file, DLLs and the documentation.
There is also ScreenReaderAPI that I think supports Jaws and others with
a single API.

2014-08-13 23:30:10

Hello,
I don't know anything about C++ support, but I would look at a pre-built libraries that have been made to do this.
Something like Accessible_output
or
TOLK
or the screen reader API that sound RTS uses.
thanks,

2014-08-14 00:18:57

If you go for accessible_output, go for accessible_output2 instead.  Accessible_output is no longer developed.  it's at http://hg.q-continuum.net

My Blog
Twitter: @ajhicks1992

2014-08-21 17:08:14

Hi,
Personally, I use Quentin C's screen reader API. If you were developing in .NET, there is also a wrapper around it. However, you are not. I believe its under a different name now, universal speech. Searching for that on the forum should bring it up.

Underworld Tech.
Accessibility from us, to you.
Visit us

2014-09-22 00:30:55

Hi daigonite,
You can use the NVDA Client Controller 32 or NVDA Client Controller 64. You may find it at the NVDA Developer Website.

"On two occasions I have been asked [by members of Parliament!]: 'Pray, Mr. Babbage, if you put into the machine wrong figures, will the right answers come out ?' I am not able rightly to apprehend the kind of confusion of ideas that could provoke such a question."    — Charles Babbage.
My Github