2014-07-27 09:44:01

hi.
i've got an idea, how to turn some computer games into reality.
currently i have 1 idea: to turn river raiders into reality.
when you in a river, or lake, or swimming pool, or sea, and there are people which went with you together you can do the following:
tell them the story of the river raiders, then, someone of the people be the player, some people will be ghosts, and someone can take rubber fish as a monster.
take real coins, or at least something which you can imagine that it is a coin for example seashell, and give the player 5 minuts to collect the coins or the seashells, and avoid the people which they are the ghosts and the rubber fish which it is a monster.
what do you think about that?
a year ago, i had a dream that i'm in this game, and the monster there is soft and small as a cat.
but for the real river raiders game i think better to use rubber fish, or something els rubber.
what do you think of this idea?
and do you have ideas to turn some games in the computer to real games?
kaochek.

kamochek.

2014-07-27 10:08:48

Hay how about a real life swamp? anyone fancy coming round for a bite? :d.

I don't think much to this idea camochek, sinse firstly what is the point, secondly while you can certainly dive for coins being grabbed by someone as a ghost would be bad, and thirdly it'd be dam confusing underwater to know who was what and could possibly be dangerous depending upon how experienced at diving and swimming underwater people were.

The point of computer games is to simulate unreal situations, and they work well for that.

In reality for example I do not believe war is the write action in over %90 of circumstances, and certainly would disagree with hole sale slaughter of enemies. In gma tank commander though, well there's nothing more fun than mowing those other tanks down!

In smugglers 5 I'm currently playing as a pirate, killing mrudering and steeling my way around the galaxy! this even goes for the background stories too sinse I'm choosing all the evil looting piracy options!" gaaaaar! In a game, this is great fun (actors always say it's more fun to play villains than heroes), however obviously in reality certainly not.

Thus, personally I'm happier computer games stay on computer.

With our dreaming and singing, Ceaseless and sorrowless we! The glory about us clinging Of the glorious futures we see,
Our souls with high music ringing; O men! It must ever be
That we dwell in our dreaming and singing, A little apart from ye. (Arthur O'Shaughnessy 1873.)

2014-07-27 10:33:04

hi.
the point of that is: just for fun.
kamochek.

kamochek.

2014-07-27 10:56:43

Well even on the fun level,I've been scuba diving and was even taking some basic qualifications in it when I was a teenager, and I can tell you it's quite fun enough on it's own without rubber fish as monsters or throwing coins on the bottom, and I doubt staying underwater for 5 minutes would be that much fun without scuba gear big_smile

As for other games, well to be honest as I said one thing I personally like in games is doing things I can't! do in reality, like flying spaceships or shooting zombies, so I can't really see how you would make a better recreation of that sort of activity than what games give you anyway.

With our dreaming and singing, Ceaseless and sorrowless we! The glory about us clinging Of the glorious futures we see,
Our souls with high music ringing; O men! It must ever be
That we dwell in our dreaming and singing, A little apart from ye. (Arthur O'Shaughnessy 1873.)

2014-07-27 21:13:59

yep, I'm going to go shopping, allow myself to get kidnapped, and conveniently have a sword in my pocket and I can ikll hundreds of poeple and ...

I like to sleep, Sleep is good,
This is how I do it: Lie on a nice warm cozy bed, and dream dreams about how to rule the world!
Follow @TheGreatAthlon5 on twitter for humorous facts and game updates!
If you like my posts, thumb me up!

2014-07-28 04:41:04

Kamochek, to be perfectly honest I think this is a bad idea. Besides from being absolutely bizarre what you suggest wouldn't really be all that fun. As Dark mentioned the point of a game is to be able to do something one couldn't do in the real world be it fly a spaceship, battle aliens, explore ancient ruins, etc. Acting out games in the real world might be fun for some, but its not practical in a lot of cases. People can get seriously hurt acting out some of these games, and that is a major reason for concern.

In regards to River Raiders I just don't see any personal need to act the game out in real life. I have always been a life long fan of swimming, scuba diving, and snorkeling so that is fun enough for me. I don't need someone to throw coins in a pool, lake, or river with people acting out being ghosts or rubber fish to make that activity any more enjoyable for me.

I think what it comes down to is the difference between our ages. You are only 15, still a kid in my opinion, and are still young enough to get excited about acting out your games, what is little more than playing, where I'm much too old for that sort of thing. I'm a grown adult of 36, and have other ways to keep myself entertained other than acting out games. If I do get involved in physical games it is likely to be something more age appropriate like playing a game of basketball, baseball, or dodge ball with my son. It doesn't have to be anything as elaborate as pretending to act out some audio game.

Sincerely,
Thomas Ward
USA Games Interactive
http://www.usagamesinteractive.com