2007-06-20 20:25:48 (edited by archer 2007-06-20 20:27:52)

hi,
for the past two days now i have had trouble downloading gtc.
from both audiogames and gmagames.
when i try and run the download it comes up with a message saying that the set up files are corupt and to obtain a new copy.
i know there is nothing wrong with either website as Aaron downloaded gtc while he was on skype with me and he had no problems.
what is up, and how do i fix the problem.
best reg.
tfth
(thanks for the help)

Pay my respects to grace and virtue,
Send my condolences to good,
Hear my regards to soul and romance,
They always did the best they could.

2007-06-20 22:24:39

Hello!

Maybe it is a temporary file that gets in the way while the setup is extracting game files. In this case, deleting your temporary files will fix the problem.

Did you compare file sizes?

Regards,
EternalGamer

In the hands of a gamer, word becomes weapon, argument becomes shield, and life becomes a quest.

2007-06-21 11:40:18

how do you delete your temperary files?
but, it doesn't even start downloading it comes up before the game even starts to download.
thx`

2007-06-21 14:34:44

How about asking Aaron to send you the file via Skype? Then you can be relatively sure you both start off with the same setup file.

In the hands of a gamer, word becomes weapon, argument becomes shield, and life becomes a quest.

2007-06-21 15:47:42

wouldn't that take hours? a file that big?
i'll see if it works
thx

2007-06-21 16:30:07

Just in case, here's how to delete your temporary files:

Go to the start menu, choose "Run", then type:
%temp%
and hit enter.

This will take you to your temporary files directory. It's usually safe to delete everything you find there.

A quick way to find out if you have the same file, as I mentioned, is comparing sizes. If you don't trust that, use MD5 or a similar hash.

Also, I would recommend scanning the machine for viruses.

Greetings,
EternalG

2007-06-22 18:35:01

An alternative way to get to your temporary files is:
Start - settings - Control Panel - Internet Options ... then just tab over to the appropriate field and work within it. My way gives you the added ability to clear your history, to customize it, or to tweak other internet options you might wanna mess with while you're at it, not to mention setting your homepage.

Check out my Manamon text walkthrough at the following link:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/z8ls3rc3f4mkb … n.txt?dl=1