2007-06-16 12:29:21

well the topic name says it all. usually when i change the pitch, i sound like a chipmunk when it's higher, and a monster when it's lower. is there any program that makes you change pitch and eliminates these alienators?

2007-06-18 17:09:08

That doesn't exactly make sence to me. If you make your voice high-pitched you will sound like the chipmunks;if you lower it you will naturally sound like a tape being chewed up or some kind of deap voiced beast. Unless you are trying to change the speed of your voice without changing pitch, which I'm not exactly sure how to do.

Official server host for vgstorm.com and developer of the Manamon 2 netplay server.
PSA: sending unsolicited PMs or emails to people you don't know asking them to buy you stuff is disrespectful. You'll just be ignored, so don't waste your time.

2007-06-18 20:49:31

Unless it was very subtle changes you were after?

cx2
-----
To live by honour and to honour life, these are our greatest strengths and our best hopes.

2007-06-23 05:12:54

Hi:

I've tried that before and it buffered really badly so I wouldn't recommend doing that. If you do the same thing with sound forge, it does not buffer like goldwave does.

Game Man

2007-06-23 16:24:00

yeah that's what i mean, when you get a higher voice, can you in any way get the chipmunk thing out of your voice? so it sounds like your talking really high but not insanely chipmunky.?

2007-12-04 20:06:31

i know how to do it with the cdex. it works pretty good. put the sample to 8000. when you're done, open the file in whatever (i use the windows  standard recorder) and change the pitch twice (down one octave i think)

Sometimes the best you can doo is to forget. Don't waste your time with what already has been done, because then you wil just break down in the end.

2007-12-05 13:59:55

Adobe Audition will also do it perfectly well, if you know how to use its Pitch effects. They're not always that accessible though.