2014-07-27 05:06:59 (edited by defender 2014-07-27 13:48:14)

Hi

So finding a laptop with exactly the things you want for under 1100 was pretty damn hard and so far I only have 1 laptop, but I think you'll like it!

It has a 256GB SSD, which was the absolute best I could do at this price, 8GB of fast flash based RAM, 4 USB 3 ports, 1 that supports sleep and charge for external devices, a VGA port for older displays, a display port for newer ones, a 720P webcam and dual microphones, a quad core 2.5ghz AMD CPU with a good graphics card that will take some of the load off the slightly underpowered but perfectly adiquit processor, which can also clock up and down as needed, along with the GPU, a DVD reader and writer, a finger print reader that can be turned off and on as needed for security, a hard aluminum housing that's 13.4 inches wide, 9.3 inches front to back and 1 inch tall when the laptop is closed, with a weight of 4.4 pounds, a 14 inch screen with an above average for it's size resolution of 1600 by 900 pixels, that can go into wide screen mode, a dual band wireless card with the latest version of Bluetooth, a battery that gets 5 to 6 hours while running with wireless on, and 9 to 10 doing nothing or close to nothing with wireless off, a running volume of abetween 34 and 36 DBA when idle, 37.5 to 38.5 when under a medium work load, and 40 to 41.5 when under a heavy work load, 30 DBA is considered to be silent, 40 DBA is considered to be audible, and 50 DBA is considered to be loud. It also has a docking connector encase you want to buy a dock to add more connectivity later on in a desktop type setup.

Specs were hard to track down for this laptop, so I don't know for sure if it has an SD Card reader unfortunately, but I think not, that kinda sucks, but at least you have plenty of ports for an external reader if you wanted one, also not sure if it has a number pad, it's sorta a half and half thing, 13.4 inches makes me think not, yet it's also a business laptop, so no telling.

It's got a 3 year limited parts and labor warranty, and because it's one thousand 19 dollars, you have a bit extra to buy a more inclusive warranty if you want one, some of which are offered on the page, from good companies.

It's an HP ProBook that doesn't have too much software preloaded, and what's there actually does seem quite useful, it's running windows 7 professional 64 bit, and comes with a windows 8 professional license, so that if you weren't getting the performance you wanted, which I doubt will happen since it seems pretty solid, then you could back up your stuff, go to win 8, upgrade to win 8.1 and run it in desktop mode, which basically acts just like win 7, which will give you a bit of a performance boost if you need it. You can apparently also upgrade and service it quite easily. I think you will like it.

Here's the link to the page on New Egg, the laptop ships free and has a 30 day refund or replace policy.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.a … -_-Product