2007-05-20 13:46:49

i must say super liam is really worth the money, yeah.

2007-05-21 03:57:17

Hmmm. Super Liam Reloaded does sound like a cool name for a game, the idea of a complete remake of SL is just different, I guess.  Have there been any other games, mainstream or not, that've done that?  I, like probably everyone else who has beaten SL, wants to know what happens next.  It really is a clifhanger.

As for the voices, spoilers.

The credits tell you that all the character voices are done by Liam.  Some of those cutscenes are just great, and I often catch myself quoting them when I'm walking somewhere.  My favorite has to be the one before the water escape.

Brian

2007-05-21 18:11:50

conker's bad fur day was ported to x box under the conker's live and reloaded game.  there have been a few remakes of games here and there, but that is the first to come to mind.

Much less active on this forum than in the past.

Check out my live streams: http://lerven.me
follow me on Twitter: http://twitter.com/liamerven

2007-05-23 01:23:46

Super Liam is probably one of my favorite audio games. I genuinely perchased it, though admitedly have had to ask liam for unlock codes every now and then do to OS corruption and other undesired computer trouble like that. As well, I own 2 computers so I had to ask for a second key right after I purchased the game.
I truely like the idea of SL reloaded.
I love the original superliam game, and have beaten it entirely at least 35 or 40 times. Heck, I've even done speedruns of it scoring completion times of like 35 minutes!
My only complaint about it was the bosses; I mean, even on my first play-through truely found all of them too easy(No offence, Liam, You've got a great game here).
In general, bosses are my favorite thing in any game, and I wish more audiogames had them.
I thought Airbot was probably the easiest. Cycle bot is probably one of the hardest just because you needed some good reaction time. Wildbot: Yeah, I like bosses like that, where 2 - 3 minutes are required to beat them. this one is too easy though.
Laser bot is my favorite boss. He talks to you, you have to chase him, and you have to press that control key mega-fast! Only problem? a bit too easy.
I truely wished waterworks had a boss;If it did, it probably would have been the hardest in the game! My idea is something like this:
have Several platforms, something like in the x1 battle. Inbetween the platforms(I'm thinking 5 or 6 of them) a vast water-filled chasm. the boss robot would float or swim in this chasm, change direction randomly and frequently, then emerge at random on one of the platforms, preparing himself to launch a furious water or electric attack. . you'd have to kinda chase him around the room, jumping from platform to platform in either direction as he was in the water, and be ready to take a quick shot at him when he came up onto one of the platforms, disrupting his attack.  After a successfull shot, or after he scored a hit on you he'd go back in the water and start another attack cycle.
If you weren't quick enough to take a shot at him you'd face a nasty blast of water or electricution. If it was made like wildbot where there's no way to "dodge" his attacks, it would have quite a bit of chalenge in it. You'd also have to be on the same platform, or close to it in order to hit him;though he could hit you from anywhere in the room. It might sound unfare but if you new the strat it would become fairly easy(as most bosses do after you've beaten them a fiew times).

Some people might say that an easy boss was somewhat of a relief, which I can agree on. though a really hard boss is a nacesity at some point.

Official server host for vgstorm.com and developer of the Manamon 2 netplay server.
PSA: sending unsolicited PMs or emails to people you don't know asking them to buy you stuff is disrespectful. You'll just be ignored, so don't waste your time.

2007-05-24 16:59:44

I completely agree Trajectory.

Seeing as how you've beaten the game so many times and can do it so fast, have you ever posted one of those scores?  Now that would add some more replay value to the game just to see if people could beat you!

Last time I checked the SL score server, the high score was somewhere around 48000, which seemed kinda low to me.  I then played through as much as I could purely playing for points, and made it to Water Works act 1 before I died...stupid fans!  Anyway, when I went to post my score, it said that my score was posted but that it didn't make the top 10.  When I went back to the score server though, there I was at number6.  Anyone know why that is?

Brian

2007-05-24 17:30:55

Speaking of scoring:

S
P
O
I
L
E
R
S

If you go backwards from the start of level 5 act 2, you'll come across a health boost and 2 extra lives along with some robot guards.  Even if you die while fighting the robots you will still have one extra life, and since you gain points based on how many lives you have at the end of a level you can increase your score by continuing to get the two lives and die.  There are other weird design flaws in some other levels - I remember it's possible to beat X1 by stepping back and forth to avoid the laser rather than crossing any platforms but I don't remember exactly how to do it.   I hope Liam fixes these.

James

2007-05-24 22:12:59

Yeah, I've done some of those. I always get the extra stuff in the spaceship unless I'm speedrunning(Doing extra stuff is not good in a standard speedrun).
I think I may have tried your x1 strat as well, though it's incredibly hard since he can aim well and shoot far(That's where "Trajectory" comes in)(Yeah, It's an actual word).
Some of the glitches mentioned there are good for speed runs. If you could stay on x1's platform through the entire battle you could hit him emediatly after his shield went down, probably saving several seconds in the battle.
I have posted my score before and reached number 1(though not for a while).
I think there's a bug of some kind;Even when I got number 1 the game told me I didn't make it, though my name and score were up as number 1.
If you got number 6 just by playing upto the point of waterworks, fineshing the game would probably put you at 3rd(at least!). You could get at least 10000 more points by completing the remainder of the game(Don't forget the bonus level in waterworks: act 1.
As well, Here's a trick for you(for an extra 600 points or so)
Play through up to the point of suburban streats: Act 2.
Complete the act normally(Don't go to bonus). when you reach the teleporter(just after the enomy ambush that will occur right before the teleporter), backtrack all the way to the beginning and go to the bonus level. Complete it and you'll get all the points aquired from the bonus as well as all the ones aquired in the level!
I was disappointed to find out that the trick doesn't work in waterworks.

Official server host for vgstorm.com and developer of the Manamon 2 netplay server.
PSA: sending unsolicited PMs or emails to people you don't know asking them to buy you stuff is disrespectful. You'll just be ignored, so don't waste your time.

2007-05-25 14:48:18

Yeah, You got it dead on!
Going back I think is either a glitch(game doesn't reset your score) or a hidden secret. Why it doesn't work in waterworks, I have no idea;though I was rather disappointed to make that discovery.

2007-05-25 21:38:59

Slight
Spoilers
Ahead

You do not have to be on x1's platform to shoot him, as long as you're facing him from the platform before him. It's entirely possible to hop back and forth, avoiding the laser, and time your shots for when his field goes down. It's quite easy, actually.

Platformer bosses are always fun. I have loads of ideas for designs of 'em.

Check out my Manamon text walkthrough at the following link:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/z8ls3rc3f4mkb … n.txt?dl=1

2007-05-26 06:41:28

the score posting system cheats on you. i believe the score server was moved, thus why it thinks that you can't post your score, sometimes it even says that there was an error.