2014-04-17 16:57:29

Hello. This may seem confusing, and sort of is, but my problem is a bit technical. My computer treats the internal speakers and my headphones as 2 different devices. I went to ctrl panel/hardware and sound/sound, and I was on the playback tab, and there were 2 devices. Speakers high definition audio device, and headphones high definition audio device. I want to make them 1 because somethings want to play through my internal speakers, which blew out yesterday.

Discord: dangero#0750
Steam: dangero2000
TWITCH
YOUTUBE and YOUTUBE DISCORD SERVER

2014-04-17 19:21:52

then set the headphones high definition as default. this should fix this problem.

“Get busy living or get busy dying.”
Stephen King

2014-04-18 00:18:53

Hello Garrett

The problem you're having is happening because you do not have the correct drivers installed on your system for your audio device. Since I'm not familiar with the type of system you have, or with what type of sound hardware is present, I can't help you find the required drivers. If you install these drivers, windows will treat them as one device. As it stands now, windows sees them as two devices because it does not have the drivers it needs to identify and work with your audio hardware, so it is using the default windows hd drivers.

If a helicopter falls in the field and no one's around, it doesn't make a sound.

2014-04-19 22:16:42

No, I don't think so. Newer cards tend to treat them as separate, but only expose one at any given time as the active device. I think this is supposed to be a safety mechanism, because for example the volume levels can be different. Also, if you have digital optical-out, then they may actually be physically separate devices, because in that case the DAC is outside the sound hardware.

Just myself, as usual.

2014-04-20 18:47:51

Hi, I had a speaker and it had a headphone jack in front of it. Buy a speaker like that.

I post sounds I record to freesound. Click here to visit my freesound page
I usually post game recordings to anyaudio. Click here to visit my anyaudio page