2014-04-10 00:15:18

Hello Everyone.
Well I had some questions about some random computer stuff.
First, I was thinking about getting an android tablet and I was wondering if there is an accessible ocr app for it? I want to scan books and if I take a picture of a page could I transfer it to an sd card then put it on a flash drive to move it to my braillenote?
Next, I have an iPod touch 5th generation and an iPhone 4s. Now I was wondering if there is an adapter to connect my iOs devices to my tv so I can watch tv shows with my family. I bought an adapter from the store but it didn't work with either one of my devices.
Last one, is there an iTunes addon for nvda that works with the current versions of nvda and iTunes? ITunes is semi-accessible with nvda but it could be better.
So thanks in advance guys.

Guitarman.
What has been created in the laws of nature holds true in the laws of magic as well. Where there is light, there is darkness,  and where there is life, there is also death.
Aerodyne: first of the wizard order

2014-04-10 03:26:25

For your second question, it depends on the type of TV you have. Most of the time it's HDMI, so you need the HDMI adaptor plus any HDMI cable.

Just myself, as usual.

2014-04-10 08:50:54

Hello,
For your first question, there are a few OCR apps for Android for what I know, Equaleyes being one of them, but then again that's a whole alternative interface and it costs about 54 dollars a year. I've heard of others, I just can't remember what they're called.
And for your third question, there aren't any NVDA addons for iTunes, at least not in the official repo or in the nvda dropbox folder or BTSync. Honestly iTunes works quite nicely with me using NVDA, although lastly I've been using my Mac for that kind of stuff.

A fight we cannot lose.
An enemy we cannot defeat.
A destiny we cannot escape.
Follow me on twitter @guilevi2000

2014-04-10 19:57:27

Hi.
@Sebby I do know about the hdmi cable but I can't find one that says it works spacifically with the iPod.
@Guilevi thanks for telling me about this ocr app. Since android tablets are so cheap I was thinking of doing this on android since it's much easier then doing it from the computer or at least I hope so.
Nvda does work with iTunes but there are sometimes where nvda doesn't read the window correctly and it just makes things harder for me.
Btw, this is way off topic but you mentioned you have a mac. Will you be porting town of parrel to the mac? Because that would be awesome.

Guitarman.
What has been created in the laws of nature holds true in the laws of magic as well. Where there is light, there is darkness,  and where there is life, there is also death.
Aerodyne: first of the wizard order

2014-04-11 12:16:06

for your first questian you could try Moonreader.

friends:
come and join my
facebook group!

2014-04-12 08:38:11

@Guitarman: Any HDMI-to-HDMI cable (the shortest that will work for you, preferably) will do. Don't spend too much money on it though; too expensive and it's overpriced, and there are lots of those about. I wouldn't spend more than £30 here.

Just myself, as usual.

2014-04-18 05:24:04 (edited by BlindJedi 2014-04-18 05:25:21)

Hi. I have lots of these tech questions lol. The first one, is i have rtr, but i don't know how to get any speech. I have never played because of that, and never will unless i get help. The next one, is i played swamp, that zombie game by aprone if you don't know, and i couldn't here any sounds but the radar and background music. Sorry for just being game questions, but i figured they had something to do with tech. Also, how do you start topics on here?

I am the blind jedi, I use the force to see. I am the only blind jedi.

2014-04-19 22:11:46

Put your questions in General Game Discussion using the Post New Topic link.

HTH.

Just myself, as usual.