2007-04-27 21:13:20

Hi,
I was wondering if anyone knows how to use the scripting features of a mud client to do things like store data from mud output for later use, store things in a text file, etc. I only know how to do triggers, but I want to be able to save data so I can make bots that do things like keep track of fights and stuff like that. Thanks

Regards,
Mike
Co-Founder, RS Games
www.rsgames.org

2007-04-28 07:41:01

i know aliases and triggers, but not those kind of things. btw, bots are not alloed on most muds anyway, but i can't see why a fight logging bot is not allowed. usually there's a logging feature in your mud client (i know it's there in gmud, and i believe it's there in monkeyterm as well), which logs everything that happens on the mud. it is quite useful if you need to go through speedy fights once again to see what was happening and why you died, if you couldn't see that.

2007-04-28 17:56:49

Hi, I'm talking about Godwars, they'd allow that kind of bot.

Regards,
Mike
Co-Founder, RS Games
www.rsgames.org

2007-05-07 15:11:36

I'd like to know a little more about monkeyterm scripting myself, more for more refined triggers compared to my usual GMud than any sort of botting. More related to convenience and perhaps even making a game more accessible than actually having it play itself, I dion't believe in having a client play the game for you anyhow.

cx2
-----
To live by honour and to honour life, these are our greatest strengths and our best hopes.

2007-05-08 03:04:40

Yeah, maybe we could make battletech accessible somehow with something like that.

Also CX, just wondering if you still played that? I saw you posting on the forums recently.

I'd just like to know how you're doing it; a tutorial, an audio tutorial of your jaws etc in real time would be awesome.

Thanks.

2007-05-08 08:58:58

I'm not going to drag this off topic, I'll just say sadly an audio tutorial isn't really practical. It's all guesswork and notes in notepad, more the former than the latter.

cx2
-----
To live by honour and to honour life, these are our greatest strengths and our best hopes.