2014-03-26 18:50:12

Hi,
I just like macingtosh alex, I heard him in a few games such as alex macingtosh versus microsoft sam. Well, I haven't got any mac devices yet. But I need this voice for windows, or a program where I can record him. Is there a way to either get it or record him?
Best regards.
Steve Greiner

2014-03-26 18:57:01

Steve, I'm afraid you are out of luck. Apple's Alex voice is only available on Apple devices. If you want the Alex voice or to record it you will have to buy a Mac. There is no other way to get the voice.

Sincerely,
Thomas Ward
USA Games Interactive
http://www.usagamesinteractive.com

2014-03-26 19:02:55

Is alex the voice that has replaced Vocalizer  on Siri  in Ios 7.1 ? 

I was a little startled when I found a different siri voice from my regular scansoft  Daniel, though I'm sorry I can't use that voice on general Vo sinse as I use Daniel on my Pc for both supernova  and sapi it'd be nice to have a different  but equally good quality voice to listen to.

With our dreaming and singing, Ceaseless and sorrowless we! The glory about us clinging Of the glorious futures we see,
Our souls with high music ringing; O men! It must ever be
That we dwell in our dreaming and singing, A little apart from ye. (Arthur O'Shaughnessy 1873.)

2014-03-26 20:10:00

This is not good, I need this voice to experiment with sound editing and need this voice.it,   so on, and I didn't have the money for it, I wish it myself but I can't get this awesome device, I just want to have it because I simply need it for experimenting around, didn't someone even have an NVDA driver or something? I would give my whole money to apple, i jsut

2014-03-26 20:22:20 (edited by Sebby 2014-03-26 20:23:38)

iOS doesn't use Alex, no. A regrettable decision, but perhaps not so surprising because Apple voices are not multilingual.

In my opinion, in very basic comparative tests, Alex is right up there. I would, of course, prefer the option of a completely rules-based formant engine on OS X, but let's just say that the first page of "Ground Zero" from ChooseYourStory.com reads correctly with Alex, right down to the apostrophes in the tensations. smile

@mikerschs2: I'm afraid you'll have to buy that Mac. The Mac Mini is cheap nowadays; go there. Or, perhaps, if you just want samples of text converted, you could let one of us know and we could do it for you.

Just myself, as usual.

2014-03-31 04:37:03

I felt the same way before I got a mac. I really wanted the alix voice for windows, but sense the mac uses mac talk servers, windows users can't use alix for anything.

2014-04-05 19:50:39

if you are willing to spend a lot of time programming it you can get alex on the braillenote apex Joseph Lee has done just that but, no windows version.

2014-04-05 22:12:02

Hi, how do you convert those samples? Can I do it on a mountain lion vm?

I post sounds I record to freesound. Click here to visit my freesound page
I usually post game recordings to anyaudio. Click here to visit my anyaudio page

2014-04-06 06:03:52

@burak I should think so. If VoiceOver will use it, it should work. Look at the say man page for how to use the utility to create the samples in your choice of file format (wav, mp3).

Just myself, as usual.

2014-04-07 09:25:37

There is a hotkey which copies what Voiceover is saying into a wave file I think to the desctop. I'm not sure on what this hotkey is, but I can check that when I come home if you're interested. I think it's something like: VO cmd shift c or something like that. VO shift c copies the last spoken sentense to the clipboard in text which is really useful, and an other simular command records the last spoken text into a wave file and place it onto the desctop. I haven't used that feature though, which is the reason for I didn't thought about this before...

Best regards SLJ.
Feel free to contact me privately if you have something in mind. If you do so, then please send me a mail instead of using the private message on the forum, since I don't check those very often.
Facebook: https://facebook.com/sorenjensen1988
Twitter: https://twitter.com/soerenjensen

2014-04-08 16:02:52

Oh, I know that keystroke. The problem is, I cannot copy the file on my flash drive and process it in my Windows pc.

I post sounds I record to freesound. Click here to visit my freesound page
I usually post game recordings to anyaudio. Click here to visit my anyaudio page

2014-04-09 18:56:16 (edited by Sebby 2014-04-09 18:56:53)

Ah, it uses AIFF. Just use the say command to get it to make a wav file. Or else install VLC or a decent codec pack Windows-side.

Just myself, as usual.

2014-04-14 22:43:04

Hi, I have a mac, but i didn't know there was a mac alex vs microsoft sam game, i did see the videos and i thought they were cool. If you want i can record that voice for you and maybe pm you it. Can you tell me where to get the game if there is one?

I am the blind jedi, I use the force to see. I am the only blind jedi.

2014-04-15 00:10:14

Hi.

Ok, a few things here.
If you're going to get a good version of Alex, get Mac OS X Snow Leopard or Leopard.
Apple royally screwed up Alex. He no longer has inflection and crackles which is very weird.
I don't think they will ever fix it though.
Also, how do you get Alex on the BrailleNote Apex? Firstly, wouldn't it take about 3 hours to transfer the 400 meg file to the BrailleNOte hard drive? Seriously, that piece of junk needs to be upgraded majorly.
Secondly, how is it even possible? I think it's impossible since it runs Windows CE or some really old operating System and Alex is from am uch modem odern operating system that than piece of crap called a notetaker.

Grab my Adventure at C: stages Right here.

2014-04-17 21:46:00

Hi, yes, note takers are so crappy! Never used one myself, but my vision teacher told me that i wouldn't need one. He Didn't even have to say how crappy they were. Back on topic, i don't even think you can get alex on those things because of there crappy opporating system.

I am the blind jedi, I use the force to see. I am the only blind jedi.

2014-04-18 01:49:22

the only good notetakers are the braille sense and braille plus 18 that's as close to good as you can get with them as for the failnote well, i think Joseph used some sort of advanced programming method you can skype him about it. or he may've used concatanative voice like the human talker thing.