2014-03-25 02:40:36

Hi everyone.
I just got my new macbook pro and I am having trouble getting it started. The setup worked fine until I got to the snapshot part. Voiceover asked if I wanted to take a snapshot for security and I declined. After that the computer froze. I tried to go back but it wouldn't let me. I tried shutting voiceover off then turning it back on again and it didn't work. Can someone help me with this?
Also just one more question. I'm interested in making games for ios and i'm wondering how you transfer games to an ios device. Do I compile it on the mac and it will automatically transfer to ios or can I compile  a script on the device to run it there?

Guitarman.
What has been created in the laws of nature holds true in the laws of magic as well. Where there is light, there is darkness,  and where there is life, there is also death.
Aerodyne: first of the wizard order

2014-03-25 10:39:48

A snapshot for security? The only snapshot I'm aware of is the taking of a picture, but you can avoid that and choose from the picture library.

As for development, you compile on the Mac and then use Xcode to transfer the app over. Critically, your phone must have a development profile on it authorising your developer account to run apps without approval from Apple. To obtain your signature you have to apply to be a "Developer" for $59/year ($99 including Mac).

Just myself, as usual.

2014-03-25 18:57:16

Thank You sebby. I don't have any pictures on this computer so maybe that's what's causing the problem. And I figured you would compile your app on the mac but if I wrote a script on my phone would I be able to compile it there if I had registered for apple?

Guitarman.
What has been created in the laws of nature holds true in the laws of magic as well. Where there is light, there is darkness,  and where there is life, there is also death.
Aerodyne: first of the wizard order

2014-03-25 20:32:38

Nothing in theory prevents you using scripts, but it's not an open architecture; there is no shell. Contrary, ironically, to the Mac. Don't get me started on Apple's policies or I'll just cause database corruption at this site. big_smile

When given the option, simply elect to "Choose from the picture library". Then in the browser, choose a picture (I always use the penguin, now that the cat is no longer available).

Just myself, as usual.

2014-04-18 05:35:02

Hi, i can answer the code one. You have to get some ios coding thing i think, or if you found a way to code them, then just put them in the app store. I think this works.

I am the blind jedi, I use the force to see. I am the only blind jedi.

2014-04-18 19:10:02

Guitarman, as far as I know, you really don't write anything on the phone.  It's all in Xcode.  Hopefully you know Objective C; if not, pick up a book on it.  Myself, I found it to be very strange, nothing like a typical C-style language.  If you've never coded before, though, you have nothing to compare it to, so you might actually like it.