2007-04-20 11:46:10

Okay, here are my thoughts on the twelve new games so far.  First, for some reason, Arcadium, Crack the Code, Call of Duty, Panic at the pub are not working.  They are all internet flash games.  Big cahuna game is working fine but a bit more use of skill than just pushing a mouse button and space bar would be good.  Love the underwater game--good use of mouse.  Same goes for the jousting but there needs to be an indication of when you're right on target--croud is very loud and I still miss sometimes.  I love the nameless game but can't understand the description of the room that was gated off--something about stones and the wall around the room?  I like the rhymic station game.  Haven't tried windmill yet, but I'll write to you about it when I do.  I didn't care for the scar face game--all that great action and all I could do was bleep out a few cuss words.  I wanted tohmyrow keys and kick soutt.  Well, I'm off to see if there is a new flash player--maybe that will solve my problems with so many of these games?  By the way, I really really really want to play the pong game that was submitted last year.  Anyone got a working copy?

2007-04-20 12:34:35

Okay, I installed flash 9 and no luck.  This is a bummer!  That call of duty game intro rocks!

2007-04-20 12:57:54

Hi, can you tell us what exactly is not working? I see you are able to hear the intro, it might have to do with the focus in Flash (Flash does not know how to capture the keys and nothing happens). Do you use Firefox? Use IE instead.

2007-04-20 16:33:55

for call of duty you have to press tab before pressing an arrow key, but i warn you the game's buggy, the bomb thing doesn't seem to work right, once i had to press space and it does it al for you and the other time you have to press escape -- what a rediculus key for a bomb!!!!

2007-04-20 21:17:41

I tried with both Firefox and Ie and neither work.  i hit tab and every other key I could thing of and still nothing.  I turn off Jaws before I even start the game so nothing SHOULD be taking it out of focus.  Oh well!  Any ideas about that gated off room?

2007-04-22 10:55:47 (edited by Eva 2007-04-22 11:06:16)

Quoted: I love the nameless game but can't understand the description of the room that was gated off--something about stones and the wall around the room?

Hello, I'm one of the designers from that game, I have to admit the room discriptions were done last minute, actually in the last 10 minutes before we had to hand in the game, so it was rushed. The first room has some small cracks in the walls which create a draft. Maybe try to cast a spell on that? The gate is which the innkeeper used to lock you in the dungeon and which you have to open to escape. But of course you can't open it right away, so you have to investigate the rest of the creepy cellars first.

The game is a bit small I guess but the source code is included so people can make it bigger by adding in more rooms, which is quite easy, just copy one of the room functions and give it a new name and add it to the list of rooms, then you can modify it all you like. It's also possible to add RPG aspects to the game like character statistics and include random encounters and combat and all that, this was the plan originally but we did not have much time and were quite busy with other projects as well. I have the code for character stats, experience, gold, monsters, levelup and a simple combat system, so if anyone wants to have that just post it, I still read these forums every few days.

Actually if anyone has a plan of a game world for me to program I'll do that for them, but you have to provide the audio files and the ideas of everything that is in the world, I'm just going to do programming and the game mechanics.

2007-04-22 15:46:00

Eva wrote:

The game is a bit small I guess but the source code is included so people can make it bigger by adding in more rooms, which is quite easy, just copy one of the room functions and give it a new name and add it to the list of rooms, then you can modify it all you like. (...) Actually if anyone has a plan of a game world for me to program I'll do that for them, but you have to provide the audio files and the ideas of everything that is in the world, I'm just going to do programming and the game mechanics.

Hi Eva,

I guess many people would be very glad with that. I'll forward your post to some other lists as well.

Greets,

Richard

2007-04-22 20:19:42

eva:
can you help me out with creating a kombat system? you could post the stuff to audiogames.net, perhaps they could put it in the mods section. but...
how can i compile the code? i want to modify it...
basicly, here's what happens:
i forgot which room exactly but there'd be a northern passage. you go there, and you are teleported... to another room, room 7 perhaps.
from here on out it's an rpg...
battling mnsters, gaining experience. gaining new spells and... skills... that is, you could get more powerfull at using the sword and things.
finally they'd be a boss, and if you beat it you get a key to the next part of the dungeon. you go lower and lower, where the cellar gets darker and more mysterious.
finally at the final level you battle the innkeeper and his army of monsters, you defeat him -- but not kill him -- because, well... that's in the ending which i will not spoil here, because i know ken's trying to beat the game.
when the inkeeper is defeated you get the spell requried to... el... win.
so it starts off normal and goes to an rpg -- and there may be mroe files.
who did the room descriptions by the way? i may need voice overs, because if it's me talking it'll sound odd, one minute it's the voice over person and the next minute it's me hahahahaha.
thanks.
regards,
aaron

2007-04-23 10:53:23 (edited by Eva 2007-04-23 10:57:21)

I used Dev-C++ to program the game in, you can download that here.
http://sourceforge.net/project/download … irror=mesh

The full source is included in the audiogame.cpp file, either open that or open audiogame.dev which links to it. Be sure to include libwinmn.a as that is a library to communicate with directsound in windows, which plays the sound. Without the file linked, no sound, and the game probably wouldn't even compile in the first place.

I had the problem that it wouldn't let me compile at all and gave me some errors that the project folder couldn't be opened, when I tried to edit the source on other PCs. There are various means to fix this, but this method always works:

Start a new project in Dev-C++, and copy/paste the sourcecode from my project in there.

Put libwinmn.a in your new project folder.

In the menu bar, goto project, project options, paramater, linker, and Add library or object, and link to the libwinmn.a file in your project folder.

I did the room discriptions and Iris' friend did the story and other voices. But my voice sucks, to be honest. Like I said, I had to do that in the last few minutes before we had to hand it in.

I'll look up the combat system code later.

2007-05-21 17:37:23

Hello, I need help because I don't know how to cast a spell.  can you tell me how to cast a spell in nameless?

2007-07-30 21:22:07

Hello. I downloaded the nameless archive, but it was corrupt for some reason.
I'll try again and post here a note if it doesn't still work.

Languages don't influence the way we think, but they still have a world and worth in themselves. Celebrate your mother tongue, the world is a diverse place.

2007-09-10 12:44:01

the mod sounds cool. Has anybody made mods for nameless till yet and if yes, where I can find them?