2014-03-07 05:48:18

Hi,
This is to all of you that have tryed Injustice gods among us.
So I finally was able to try this game yesterday,and I definatly think its fun. However There are a few things that I haven't been able to figure out.
Keep in mind this is the first mainstream fighter that I have played. I used to play a few others,but those were on some old gameing machines,the name of which I have no idea about We simpley used to call those video games lol
I have also played Karateka and successfully completed it,but I am sure most would agree that its a rather simple game to learn and master.
The first thing I have been having trouble with is the character selection screen for player 1 and 2 in the practice mode. I have no idea on how to change the characters on both the players. U gets a random selection option,but that seems to work for only one player. or I am missing something,which is very likely,too.
secondly,I guess there is no way to block attacks in the tutorial or otherwise?
Something related with the tutorial again,how do you back out of the gameplay?I.E practice mode,tutorial mode to the main menu and so on?
And the last question,for this post at least,hehe. Where could I find guides,movelists for different characters for this game.
This post is full of questions,but ey,I have just started so bare with me.
Any aditional tips and such are welcome,as well.
grryf

Of all sad words of tongue or pen, the saddest are these, ‘It might have been.
Follow me on twitter

2014-03-07 09:30:04

Hi.
No, you don't get a random selection on the character sellection screen. You might get confused because the cursor starts on Badmann I think for player one, and an other character for player two. but the selection shouldn't be random.
I don't know much about the tutorial because I didn't thought it was accessible. You have a block button which I currently don't remember what is. You should be able to back out of the tutorial or any fight by pressing the escape key or pause key, press the up arrow once, and press enter. You might need to confirm that which is up or left arrow again and then enter. This should take you to the main menu.

I've started to work on a guide for visually impaired people which you can find in the articles room. In the guide, I've also linked to a topic in the general games discussions room, where people can comment on the guide, share tips and just everything which people find relevant for this topic.
Good luck and happy gaming. smile

Best regards SLJ.
Feel free to contact me privately if you have something in mind. If you do so, then please send me a mail instead of using the private message on the forum, since I don't check those very often.
Facebook: https://facebook.com/sorenjensen1988
Twitter: https://twitter.com/soerenjensen

2014-03-07 10:31:33

Hi slj,
Thank you for the answers. I'll give the guide a glance and see if I can figure it out.
So,how do you go about changeing the characters in the selection screen?I asume the selection screen would be the same for the different modes?
Thanks,
grryf

Follow me on twitter

2014-03-07 18:37:35 (edited by grryfindore 2014-03-07 18:39:25)

Hi SLJ and others.
I have gotten some time today to try this game better,and have figured out a few things with the help of my little sister,and random doings big_smile
In the pc version,the arrow keys don't always work in the menu, WSAD keys are used instead.
When on the character selection screen,at least in the practice mode,if you press U it brings up a submenu or what you will,which has a few different options like the random selection of characters the one that I talked about in my last post. specially useful if you want a one on one match.
G selects the options,while j works as the cancel or the back button in some menus.
When you start that is after you have pressed space at the time of the game starting,you are placed upon the single player option.If you press g at this point,you'll enter the menu and be dropped upon the play story mode. Moveing left(using the A key) gets you to the training mode,if I am remembering right. and moveing further left gets you to the single fight mode. J key can be used to back out of the single player menu which will obviously get you to the main menu again.
I haven't done so much at this point though, just played a little of the story mode,practiced a bit,and a few one on one matches.
AT SLJ,I am using a keyboard to play,and I haven't been able to get out of a gameplay in any mode at all using the escape key. the only way I am able to pause the game is to alt tab away from the game window,and get back to it again. at this point,the arrow keys don't work either,so I have to use the WSDA keys to arrow through the menu.
I read your guide,and just like the other guides that I have found you use the xbox and ps controls I guess the game plays much better with those,but I don't have access to one of those atm so a keyboard is what I must use. In your guide, you talked about the tab key activating the metor. Perhaps I don't really understand what a meator is having never played a fighter game before,or the tab key just doesn't work.
Anyway,Thanks for your help,and hope these things help you with the guide some.
I think a guide for InjusticeGodsAmongUs is a wonderful idea and would be delighted to contribute to it in anyway I am able.
Grryfindore.

Follow me on twitter

2014-03-07 22:18:59

I think it may be the number 1 on the number row to pause, haven't verified this yet, but I think that is what it is.

Stevie-3

2014-03-08 01:44:27

its 4 on the top row of numbers. grif talk to me because I know the controls and its the a button to block. U opens a menu where you can choose the form of the different chars, or that might be t cant remember. ctrl tab does the special move when you have 4 bars of metre. I think the metre works when you here a certain sound. if you need any help, send me an email and I will try and help you.

:D happy to help out with games and the like... maybe :D

2014-03-08 05:25:24

Hi brabp,Stevie and others.
Brab, that menu has the costume selection stuff,and yes its accessed through the u menu. The menu which is accessed through u has the costume change option,the random selection thingy,and something else which I can't remember at this moment.
I'll try out the number rows while in a game and see what if anything happens.
Does anyone know how the different super moves are done for different characters?
While I wouldn't mind talking to you through e-mails and such, discussion of the questions and the other difficulties on the forum is much better just in case someone has the same issues and is able to gleam something from a given topic.
Thanks in advance,
Grryf

Follow me on twitter

2014-03-08 06:16:59

the super move is performed with ctrl tab. to enhance a move, you do the input for that move and press tab after you finish. for example to do batmans grab you would press s d t and then tab straight after you press t.

2014-03-08 08:55:04

Hi,
@bradp, is there a place which lists all the moves for the different characters and the keystrokes needed to perform them?
I tryed ctrl tab a few minutes ago,and it seems Idid something wrong as it didn't work.
many characters have more then one super move if I am not mistaken? so how would you go about doing those.
And the sword,axe and so on which airys uses,how does that one work?
Thanks again.
grryf

Follow me on twitter

2014-03-08 09:57:28

The moves are pretty easy to pick up. but you can find them on gamefaqs. they generally use light medium or heavy which is t u g respectively.

hth

2014-03-08 15:00:54

Hi,
I saw a guide on gamefaqs today,and to be honest I just don't get it. For instence how would you perform these attacks using aquaman on the pc?

Surface Dwellers - f + L                   
Stingray Sweep - f + M                      Forward Throw - f + T or f + L + H
For Neptune - f + H                         Reverse Throw - T or b + L + H
Shark Strike - d + L

Some moves even have f and b and a few s's,but those are for ps3/xbox controller, my question how do those translate into pc keys?I.E what would be the b on the controller on the pc keyboard?
Thanks mate,
grryf

Follow me on twitter

2014-03-08 16:08:06

those would be d t d u d g d left shift s t and so on.

2014-03-08 18:04:50

a s d and w are your arrows, t is a light attack or just L, u is medium attack or just M, G is heavy attack or just H and J is that character's super power, or S. Not to be confused with the super move, the super power is a lot different for each character. if they say forward throw it means you press forward with your throw and a reverse throw is where you press back while you throw wich is the left shift key if I'm not mistaken

Stevie-3

2014-03-09 08:21:25 (edited by grryfindore 2014-03-09 08:23:07)

Hi,
Those I knew about already,that is the movement keys and the high,low,and the mid attack keys.
The trouble I am having is with the translation of the keys in the guide ment for controllers to the pc keyvoard.
I.E a few attacks state x(beeing the name of the attack)l- x(the same again)-l
And for whatever reason,the ctrl tab doesn't activate the super move or the super powers,whatever they are supposed to be.pressing ctrl tab in a fight doesn't do anything at all.
grryf

Follow me on twitter

2014-03-09 09:41:53

Hi.
Grryf: Thank you. I'm glad you enjoy my guide for Injustice.
Wow, the controls for the pc game on the keyboard sounds very confusing. But I think it's something you can get used to.
Grryf: When it comes to converting the moves from the console versions of the game to the pc version, I have a tip for you: In the guide I've linked to in my guide for the game, the guy there mention moves like: Press forward h, m, for example. That means press forward which should be D for moving right. H and M are heavy attack and medium attack. So, press forward and h means press forward and the heavy attack key at the same time, release the keys and then press the medium attack. You can tell what keys you have to hold at the same time by looking for the commas in the guide. I hope this makes sense, otherwise let me know, and I'll try to explain it better.

Best regards SLJ.
Feel free to contact me privately if you have something in mind. If you do so, then please send me a mail instead of using the private message on the forum, since I don't check those very often.

2014-03-09 11:23:12

Hi SLJ,
Thanks for the tip.
I think I see what you mean,but I'll actually do a little practice and see if I get what you ment.
There are still a few things I have doubts on,though.
I get the l,h,M keys,due to them beeing farely obvious,but what I have problem with are knowing what keys would be b,f,s,m or is it n?
When the guide lists 2 attacks in the same line using the same keys, I guess the double press of the same key would form the second attack?
slap l -thunderfist l
beeing an example.
Grryf

Follow me on twitter

2014-03-09 11:34:30

okay. take this for example: say batmans batterang was b f medium. this would translate into a, d, u  which is done in order. so you would press a for back, then d for forward and then u to do the attack. and about the control tab thing not working do you have the accessibility option enabled? because there are certain beeps that indicate when you have full metre. and when you do special moves try pressing tab while he is doing the animation for the move. if so, i can do a recording of it explaining it for you with some gameplay so you can see it in action.

hth

2014-03-09 13:25:38

Hi bradp,
Ahh,shite so b and f actually stand for backwards and forwards? I was thinking of those as actual keys lol
if it wouldn't be too much trouble, a recording for the special moves and the super moves would be indeed nice.
I think I have the accessibility mode on,as I edited the .ini files,but unless I heare the beeps or such I have no way to verify,since so far I haven't heard any,but it could be because I haven't used any special or super moves,either.
Thanks again

Follow me on twitter

2014-03-09 15:53:28

SLJ: Can you tell me if the menus in the Guide are for PC? I want to memorise everything to play onlne. If you can, add DETAILED menus in the multiplayer like settings, creating / joining lobby etc.

Thanks, great job!

Twitter
Add me on Steam
Discord: lirintheblindguy
BattleTAG: Lirin#21759

2014-03-09 16:19:38

Quite frankly, it would be best to invest in a controller. Not just for this game, but there are other games which are much more enjoyable when played with a controller or gamepad. I know you don't have one at the moment, but it's an option that I highly recommend... even a ps3 controller though you don't have the actual console is only 40-50 dollars.

Discord: clemchowder633

2014-03-10 00:37:10

this is off topic but I do have a ps3 controller and it works with the pc. but the controls for the games arent there default controlls. how can i fix this?

2014-03-10 07:58:17

Find the controller configuration in settings, and you'll probably be able to just assign the buttons to the way you want them.

Discord: clemchowder633

2014-03-10 09:28:43

Seal: The menus in my guide is from the ps3 version. I hear most of the menus are the same in all versions of the game, but I don't know regarding to multiplayer.

Best regards SLJ.

2014-03-10 12:02:12

Hi,
At assault_freak, Controllers would be a good idea to have I agree with you there,since I have heard so before and was even considering one. However I have no idea which gamepad or controller would be the best for fighting games. as far as it gos,I have heard mixed things about the xbox360 controller,bad things about the ps3 controllers,and so on. Now I have no idea on what to buy or how to choose stuff based up on what,that is. big_smile
Any suggestions would indeed be good. Although my pockets will play a major factor in me getting a controller,at least for now. sad
As for Injustice I have been makeing progress,although slowly,but ey progress is progress tongue
Still haven't managed to do a super or special move whatever those are called. I think my accessibiloty mode is on since I was able to heare certain beeps yesterday for an interactable object and with d and space was able to either throw the character or smash him into it.:D
No beeps for the move charge up yet,though I shall try again today due to me having comparetivly more time to play hames and such.
Thanks
grryf

Follow me on twitter

2014-03-10 14:41:57

Regarding to controlers, that's a personal choice. I like the ps3 controler and don't like the XBox 360 controler very much, simply because the ps3 controler fits better in my hands.

Best regards SLJ.