2014-02-25 14:49:04 (edited by Lettsee 2018-10-24 09:56:05)

Hey all
Believe it or not… yes. This is one of my first smallish games, so don’t expect it to be great. Written in BGT so you will only be able to play on windows.

From the readme:
So I was bored one night and I had been hearing about flappy bird for quite a while from people. So I thought, simple concept, let’s try putting it into audio. So I did.

Feel free to modify the code how you want (although that could be a bit dangerous on your part).

Only really releasing this in the hope that someone might get some enjoyment out of it.

How To Play

-    You need to guide the bird into the pipe, by making sure it is level with the middle wind sound. When space is pressed the bird will fly up and when nothing is pressed then the bird will float down.
-    There will be 2 other sounds for when the bird is either lower or higher than the pipe. When lower the wind sound will be lower, and when higher the wind sound will be higher.
-    Not much else to it, just get the highest score possible!

Keys
-    Space: will make the bird fly up
-    Escape: exits

Look forward to hearing your feedback.
Grab it here https://www.dropbox.com/s/ur5vq4pth98th … d.zip?dl=1

2014-02-25 18:58:38

Hi,
Wow, we've got crazy bat and now an audio flappy bird. Looks like not even a short lived mainstream game can escape the blind community! As non-serious as it is, it's also kind of awesome that the legacy lives on.

2014-02-25 20:11:36

Hi,
lol. I wonder how long it'll take for the makers of flappy bird to get seriously pissed...

Underworld Tech.
Accessibility from us, to you.
Visit us

2014-02-25 20:32:11

The maker (single) of Flappy bird stole every graphic and sound he used in the game.  His game is actually a direct copy of an older game, which is one of the reasons he was torn a new one by the internet after he started making money on Flappy bird.  He officially took his game off of the app store because he couldn't handle the negative attention anymore, so I don't think he'll be coming after anyone over an audio version.  smile

- Aprone
Please try out my games and programs:
Aprone's software

2014-02-25 22:23:44

Hi.
so the truth comes out at last.
On the news the rumor simply was that after making real cash, and getting approached by some big companies to market things, get him millions he decided he didn't want it and buggered off taking his game with him.
Its interesting what the offline and online media actually say vastly different to eachother.

2014-02-25 23:20:30

Hi,
Its a sort of hybrid of both storys.
If anyone sighted played it, you'll remember the Mario at the end you had to get past? Well, Nintendo entertainment were not very happy about that. they actually threatened to sue him.

Underworld Tech.
Accessibility from us, to you.
Visit us

2014-02-26 02:10:17

A recent quote from Nintendo claimed they never contacted Nguyễn (the developer).  They might have turned around and contacted him after that quote though, so who knows.  I had been reading up on the drama surrounding this game just before, and during, the time he took it down from the app store.  I forget the name of the original game, but his flappy bird game was a direct duplicate except for the pipe graphics and sound he stole directly from Mario brothers.  It's funny that to make his stolen game seem less stolen, he redecorated it with stolen art and sound, haha!  Genius.

- Aprone
Aprone's software

2014-02-26 09:10:01

Not a bad game, I did discover a bug however.

Let's say you're on level 5 and you die, then you only make it to level 2.

It thinks you made it to level 7.

The only way it resets is when you excape and restart.

2014-02-26 14:00:12

Thank you.
Finally, how do I know this game.

Sorry for my english. Not is my language.
cool

2014-02-26 14:37:04

I need the BGT program to play this game?
If yes, can I use the free version of it, or will I need to pay?

Sorry for my english. Not is my language.
cool

2014-02-26 14:58:56

Hi.
I think you'll need BGT to play the game. You don't need to pay, sinse the paied version only is for developers, who need to compile a game, so BGT is not needed to run their games.

Best regards SLJ.
Feel free to contact me privately if you have something in mind. If you do so, then please send me a mail instead of using the private message on the forum, since I don't check those very often.
Facebook: https://facebook.com/sorenjensen1988
Twitter: https://twitter.com/soerenjensen

2014-02-26 15:12:14

@SLJ
Thank you.

2014-02-27 02:22:17

I got 10 as a high score! YEYAHYEAH!

Heroes need foes to test them. Not all teachers can afford to be kind, and some lessons must be harsh.

2014-02-27 11:08:55

Hey all!
O wow Aprone, I just heard that he was getting annoyed at the amount of people telling him that it was too hard to play. But apparently as has been said the news is different to what really happened.
@Cool_Turk, Glad you like the game I will look into the bug, should be an easy fix.
@Ghost, wow dude you are better than me at it. I struggle to get 6 let alone 10 haha!
Is there anything you guys would change? Do you find the 3 sounds, (above, in, and below the pipe) annoying? Would you prefer it with just one wind sound that just is always changing pitch as you fly up and down, and say a beep or something for when you are in the middle of the pipe? Really interested on what you believe should be changed.
Thanks!

2014-02-27 11:49:43 (edited by keyIsFull 2014-02-27 11:58:24)

woo, just got a score of 14. I think the hardest level was 6. The rhythm got like about twice as fast on that level then slowed back down. Still curious as to how it was calculated; I'll look in the bgt file.
Edit: it's all random, heh.

btw Aprone, apparently the developer asked for Flappy bird to be removed from the app store because he realized that the addiction the game was causing was becoming detrimental to people instead of beneficial. According to a wikipedia article I read (I know that Wikipedia articles can be uncredible, but they actually have citations for this), he did not remove the game for any legal reasons. He does concede that it is remarkably similar to another game in 2011 about birds vs cacti, but he claims to not have known anything about it when asked. He also says that the pipe graphics, though they look remarkably similar to the Mario pipe graphics, were hand-drawn. The article did not mention the sound effects, but it did say that the rumors that Nintendo asked him to remove the game due to plagiarism of its Mario game is untrue.

I like to sleep, Sleep is good,
This is how I do it: Lie on a nice warm cozy bed, and dream dreams about how to rule the world!
Follow @TheGreatAthlon5 on twitter for humorous facts and game updates!
If you like my posts, thumb me up!

2014-02-27 13:23:14

I have thrown up a quick update that fixes that score bug. Let me know if there are any more bugs, or anything else. Same link in first post.

2014-02-27 23:21:17

Agreed KeyIsFull.  I may have been misunderstood earlier.  Legal reasons were not why he took the game down, it was from the barrage of negative comments and messages he was receiving from the game.  Many of those were people upset that he was making money from a stolen idea, stolen artwork, and stolen sounds.  Apparently he even had death threats... hehe, I know the feeling.  big_smile

- Aprone
Aprone's software

2014-02-28 02:13:47

letssee, if you can get them, I would like the comical death sound to be added.

Heroes need foes to test them. Not all teachers can afford to be kind, and some lessons must be harsh.

2014-03-05 10:13:46

Ghost, the death sounds as well as the majority of the flappy bird sounds have been added. The update is pretty much ready to release, but i just have a few miner things to sort out. This update adds pipes that move up or down from level to level, a redesign of how the game gets more difficult as the levels go on, few bug fixes, and as has been said the sounds have been added. Should be out soon.

2014-03-05 23:52:27

Letssee, you should add me to skype so I can give you ideas for the game that can make it even better than flappy birds original. its theghostrider132. My skype name I mean. Thanks.

2014-03-06 09:35:51

I am happy to announce that I am releasing this as a full version, as I think the majority of the bugs are squashed, thanks too good help and feedback from Deng and friends.
Changes From Beta 1.1 - 1.0
- Put in all the Flappy Bird sounds, and put all the sounds in their own folder.
- put the version number in the window name.
- Added a high score function.
- Redesigned the game to make it more difficult and less buggy
- Pipes now move up and down.

Hope you enjoy.

2014-03-06 10:58:51

Sup all.
Nathan, It was fun being a tester for your game. I don't mind being a tester for anyone's games. Beta testing is fun.
O, and BTW, i got a score of 25.

You can add me on Steam.
Here is my Twitch profile page Follow me if you want.
You can also follow me on Twitter.
Kong!

2014-03-06 13:20:44

well, with the new version, my high score is 8. I'll work on doing better.

I like to sleep, Sleep is good,
This is how I do it: Lie on a nice warm cozy bed, and dream dreams about how to rule the world!
Follow @TheGreatAthlon5 on twitter for humorous facts and game updates!
If you like my posts, thumb me up!

2018-07-25 17:57:20

does any one have a link to this, the link is broekin

my discord: gamer20#7735
my keybase, note you will need the keybase mac, linux, or windows client to access it: k:\public\theblindgamer50
if you also wish to contact me on telegram, you can do so by going to this link: http://t.me/theblindgamer50
have a nice day!

2018-07-25 20:58:39

no links to this one that I know, but you can always try F/ck that bird from oriol Gomez, see the database page for details.

With our dreaming and singing, Ceaseless and sorrowless we! The glory about us clinging Of the glorious futures we see,
Our souls with high music ringing; O men! It must ever be
That we dwell in our dreaming and singing, A little apart from ye. (Arthur O'Shaughnessy 1873.)