2007-04-10 17:48:30

Doing my usual mucking about on random websites, I came across this very odd thing.

The author claimes it's a rethinking of the Superhero concept, using audio podcasts the way old 50's radio plays used to work, ----- with one episode coming out a week (though all past episodes are most deffinately stil around).

I wasn't sure about the superhero business, as I've never really been a fan of that type of thing, but this certainly is cool! all the same old super powers, but done in a rather dark and slightly twisted way, (deffinately one for fans of the surreal).

It's all completely free as well, ----- though you can make donations (something that I'm considdering doing myself).

best of all? it's all nicely read audio! no scanning, no synth voice, just various people doing the reading!

but why am I going on about it when you can just go and find out for yourself by going to The secret world chronical site.

Oh btw, if your bothered by really serious violence and gore, you should probably give this one a miss. Though other adult content is only at about the 12 film rating, the violence factor is deffinately serious (though that actually impressed me mightily, sinse it something that doesn't usually get thought about at all with Superheros).

With our dreaming and singing, Ceaseless and sorrowless we! The glory about us clinging Of the glorious futures we see,
Our souls with high music ringing; O men! It must ever be
That we dwell in our dreaming and singing, A little apart from ye. (Arthur O'Shaughnessy 1873.)