2007-04-06 19:13:57 (edited by the_ruler_of_dark_forces 2007-04-06 19:16:41)

I've got a problem with jaws 7.1. After I play a mainstream game (e.g. gta san andreas) and run jaws again, it doesn't work properly. For example it doesn't read what I have typed and system tray ikons. I can not read the text with my jaws cursor also. Only way to get it properly work again is restarting my computer. Can anybody help me?

P.s. I didn't have this problem with previous jaws versions.

Thumbs up

2007-04-06 23:03:00

I've had that kind of problem, and I have no idea of any other way to fix it.

Regards,
Mike
Co-Founder, RS Games
www.rsgames.org

2018-10-12 04:14:55

Just reviving an old topic because i can

2018-10-12 04:19:07

And this, ladies and gents, is why we need an auto topic lock.

"You know nothing of death... allow me to teach you!" Dreadlich Tamsin
Download the latest version of my Bokura no Daibouken 3 guide here.

Thumbs up

2018-10-12 13:41:08

But you see, the bio-control system has already told you it can't be stopped, so what makes you think topic locking will fix matters? Lol! Seriously though, I don't see the harm in reviving old topics.

Thumbs up

2018-10-12 14:37:19

No, we need a moderator warning that this kind of activity is a good and quick way to get yourself kicked off the forum.

Reviving old topics does have its place when there is a good reason.

Thumbs up

2018-10-12 15:45:16

Yeah but that post was a joke, and it doesn't take much reading to realize this is an old topic anyway. AT least, as long as you have your date format set to mm/dd/yyyy, because by default it isn't and that could be cumbersome to read through for synthesizers that do one digit at a time.

Thumbs up

2018-10-12 17:15:17

True, and the title is a dead give away too.

The only reason I even bothered with this thread is because I am a JAWS user and was curious what somebody would have to say about a 12 year old version.

And now that I see that the only reason this thread came back was because somebody had nothing better to do than to annoy other people, I'm done with this thread.

Thumbs up

2018-10-12 17:17:09

This is also why we need a thumbs down button.

Perfectly balanced, as all things should be.
"Cause in a game of life or death, you either live, or you die."
"Wake the fuck up, samurai. We have a city to burn."

Thumbs up

2018-10-12 17:20:39 (edited by Ethin 2018-10-12 17:21:19)

@8, annoying peple? Come on, man, grow up. Its a joke, get over it. Though I do agree that an auto topic lock is a good idea, banning people for reviving old topics is outright dictatorial. If you want this forum to effectively become a police state/dictatorship, fine by me, but go find somewhere else where you can rule over everyone. Your, like, 20-30 years my senior? How can you tell that this wasn't a joke when Jack clearly indicated that it most probably was.

"On two occasions I have been asked [by members of Parliament!]: 'Pray, Mr. Babbage, if you put into the machine wrong figures, will the right answers come out ?' I am not able rightly to apprehend the kind of confusion of ideas that could provoke such a question."    — Charles Babbage.
My Github

Thumbs up

2018-10-12 21:02:24

Would have to wonder if Pun-BB has an extension compatible with the newer versions of Pun-BB that facilitates locking topics given some parameters. I know other boards have that built in. I know that whenever I've experimented with Pun-BB I never saw anything concerning that on the dashboard, and I did find a lot of extensions released during the 1.3 era.

Thumbs up

2018-10-12 21:12:05

@10, i'd fully agree with you. I don't see any harm in reviving old topics as well, and i don't see any reasons to give a thumbs down for this.

Thumbs up

2018-10-12 22:35:19 (edited by Orko 2018-10-12 22:45:11)

@10

You make no sense at all, if it is just a joke, why would the forum need a topic locking feature?

And stop insulting me by insinuating that I am immature, you are in violation of the forum rules concerning verbal attacks on other members with that remark.

Thumbs up

2018-10-13 00:48:41

*sigh* I think he was implying that in general a topic locking feature for age-old topics wouldn't be a bad idea. It's unrelated to this particular topic revival being a joke.

Thumbs up

2018-10-13 00:52:26

By the way, if you are that adamant about this topic not being revived, or any other one for that matter, why keep bringing it back with yet another argument? Just saying...I know, I say that yet I'm replying to this very topic, but apparently now it's been catapulted into a discussion about why people oughta be kicked off the forum for reviving old topics, something which, compared to threads that have left a lot to be desired, is nothing short of first world problems at this point.

Thumbs up

2018-10-13 00:57:34

@13, that's utter BS and you know it. Its not an attack of any kind if I indicate that I consider you immature. If my message was written in such a way as to be explicitly offensive in nature, then yes, that would be a verbal attack; but, since it was not, it is not, and whether you consider it offensive or not is irrelevant. Like I said, grow up and stop trying to rule over everyone with your holier-than-thou attitude. Just because Ironcross is gone doesn't mean people will not write posts explicitly designed to keep you in line, which we really shouldn't have to do since (according to Ironcross, at least) your 41 years older than I am, and if you are around that age, I think I wouldn't be wrong in assuming you'd at least have some maturity and not act like a hypocritical priest. But I digress. Post 14 is right; my post made perfect sense, and was perfectly logical and understandable. I clearly admonished you for taking the POV that people should be banned for reviving old topics, but I did advocate for an auto-locking feature.

"On two occasions I have been asked [by members of Parliament!]: 'Pray, Mr. Babbage, if you put into the machine wrong figures, will the right answers come out ?' I am not able rightly to apprehend the kind of confusion of ideas that could provoke such a question."    — Charles Babbage.
My Github

Thumbs up

2018-10-13 00:58:59

Since we're discussing this now, I really don't see how reviving an old topic for no reason is a joke. I don't even see how it's slightly amusing.

I have no problem if you want to revive an old topic to have a discussion, but there's absolutely no reason to bring an old topic back if you just want to say something along the lines of "look at me, I'm funny".
When I Saw the topic title, I got curious about what someone had to say about such an old version of Jaws, only to discover that Greaver just posted to waste everyone's time. I'm all for jokes and the like, but the least you could do is put a little effort in.

Also, the thing about the "bio control system" is his signature, so that has nothing to do with his post here.

If a helicopter falls in the field and no one's around, it doesn't make a sound.

Thumbs up

2018-10-13 01:00:46

@17, you have a point, but I personally thought it was funny. And 15, I know, but I feel like this issue needs to be addressed here and now because putting it off is only going to cause someone to raise it later.

My Github

Thumbs up

2018-10-13 01:01:17

Whew. I suppose that's settled, now unless people come in asking about windows 2000/98 usage I don't think we'll be seeing anymore posts about Jaws 7 in this topic, but hopefully we all come to an agreement on this trivial matter.

Thumbs up

2018-10-13 01:03:06 (edited by jack 2018-10-13 01:04:24)

Ethin@18 Point, and as for jokes, well, humor is subjective as we all know. I actually forgot that was the guy's signature, that actually fit well in the original post. Lol!
As for time wasted? Had to be about 30 seconds you'll never see again at most. If it was a monstrous topic that would be a whole other deal but as it stands, it was originally 4 posts, including the revival and the initial response to it. Lol!

Thumbs up

2018-10-13 01:31:39

I looked at this topic, thinking someone misspelt JAWS 17... seriously, post 13, please take a chill pill. sure, I'm for locking topics, after a certain amount of years, like 3 or so. that would give us the chance to enjoy the topic, but if nothing happens after 3 years, let the roof close down, and may it be memories. but banning people and stuff...

Thumbs up

2018-10-13 03:19:48

I wonder if this was to try and prove a point that people shouldn't revive old topics, if this was to intentionally anger those who take topic revivals way to seriously, or if it was really done because the guy can do that and he just felt like it?

Discord: dangero#0750
Steam: dangero2000
TWITCH
YOUTUBE and YOUTUBE DISCORD SERVER

2018-10-13 10:33:07

Greaver, while I assume reviving this old topic was done as a joke, lets not make a habit of this.  It clutters up the form and can be viewed as spam.

I'm closing this thread because I agree it serves no actual purpose and has caused multiple reports already.  I'm in agreement that this falls under the spam category, at least well enough for me to justify closing it.

- Aprone
Please try out my games and programs:
Aprone's software

Thumbs up +1