2014-01-11 01:40:50

Hey finally figured out how to get the error codes. Hope this helps it came up after crashing at the end of a battle, involving switching when prompted after fainting a Pokémon, with one of the later bug catchers:

at time step1
of time line TrainerVictoryz:

Push :: Execution Error - Variable Get 17.trainer(100059, 0)
at Timeline_TrainerVictoryz_0
############################################################################################

2014-01-11 02:43:15

hi where can i download the corrent version? and can i disable the music?

2014-01-11 07:50:33

hi

@athlan

you can find the link of the most current version in post 53 of this topic. daigonite updates that link from time to time.

@daigonite
there pops up a error at route 3. i can enter this route fine but when i want to enter a certain part i get a error log pop up. i don't have it with me right now but i'll play again today for sure and than i'll copy the error log.

hth

greetz mike

Visit the following website to see what games we have:
http://www.nonvisiongames.com
Or the following English marketplace to see what retrogames and game merchandise I am selling:
https://www.retro-kingdom.com

2014-01-11 14:53:32

hi

i found another error. when i entered the pokemarked in viridian city. i selected the antidote and wanted to buy 3 and after i typed 3 this error occured:

of Key Press Event for 3-key Key
for object ShopNormal:

Push :: Execution Error - Variable Get -1.itemName(100522, -1)
at gml_Object_ShopNormal_KeyPress_51
############################################################################################

hth

greetz mike

Visit the following website to see what games we have:
http://www.nonvisiongames.com
Or the following English marketplace to see what retrogames and game merchandise I am selling:
https://www.retro-kingdom.com

2014-01-11 19:36:43 (edited by threeblacknoises 2014-01-11 19:41:14)

Hay again.
I'm sorry to make more work for you Rachel, but I just noticed that the second and all other pokemon after that in a trainer battle don't give level or gender when they are brought out.
I'll try to catch more pokemon and duplicate some of the glitches, but, I've kind of been waiting to test these things after the save file gets put back in so I can reload after the game crashes.

Good news! The entire soundtrack to red and blue was looped yesterday!
I just need to know what format you prefer, as I currently have it ready to go in three.
WAV, 32 KHZ, 16 bit mono, WAV, 32 KHZ, 8 bit mono,
And OGG, 32 KHZ, 82KBPS mono.
All files were generated using winamp 5.666 build 3516,
Wavepad 5.10, and OGG encoding using winamps ogg lib based on xiph.org's oggvorbis library, base encoding 144KBPS; slider shows 50%; two-channel, encoder converted to about 82KBPS mono. 16 bit WAV comes out to 104 megs, 8 bit comes to 54.1 megs, and OGG comes to 17.0 megs.
Regardless of format, I need to also know if you need the times, and if only for the intros, or for everything, as I can use a newer version of wavepad to get these times down to MM:SS.PPP, so GMS can have lots of yummy
data to feed on.
8 bit does mess up the square channel of the music, but it's still usable.
I tried 24KHZ, but it and 22.50KHZ just sounded weird.
Pokeflute might be a little bit louder than everything else, as I ripped it back in 2010 along with all of the GSC jingles, so if you get around  to making braillemon 2, I already have the hard-to-get diddies done.
I can do GSC music to, just try to let me know about a month or so before you need them, as GSC has over 100 songs as opposed to red's 45, or so; not including jingles.
A few songs from yellow are missing, but I figured I could get these to you, once we can work out some kind of system
You might be able to repurpose them for things like trading and battling on-line or something
Pikachu Beach sounds like it could work for trading, and an unused track would work perfectly for battle prepping.
The GB printer song could be used for internet connections or something.
I'm downloading your latest version now, hope I can help out a lot, seeing as I'm toataly
blind, and braillemon is one thing I've been dreaming of for a while now.
I even had thoughts of learning bgt, just so I could make some sort of consept demo or something, and then I found your game.
Good work so far, hope my music can make it sound better.

PS; Volume levels might be a little lower than what you have now, but you can always just make the volume go higher, rather than adjusting the music files.
Adventure at C does this, meaning that the music starts
out somewhat lower, and you just adjust it to your liking.

2014-01-11 21:08:34 (edited by daigonite 2014-01-13 14:51:12)

vSuper dooper thanks for the music man, throw in the G/S/C tracks too since I plan on extending the game some time (and I might use some tracks in Braillemon 1 anyhow). I'll credit you for this since I really don't like the echoed tracks that everyone likes so much(???)

I did fix some nasty glitches, I'm gonna address a couple of other things and hopefully the game will run a lot smoother. I'm gonna get a new link up so people can try it. Saving won't be ready until the next major content release.

EDIT: Oh man I almost forgot, WAV is better, it gets converted in the process so yeah. tongue

edit: https://www.dropbox.com/s/f8yzf8kdfq2xo … .0.1.4.exe try this guys Link updated at 7:50 am 1/13/14

you like those kinds of gays because they're gays made for straights

2014-01-12 00:29:35 (edited by threeblacknoises 2014-01-12 00:31:59)

Hay Rachel, me again.
New glitch. When trying to sell the town map, the game still asks for quantity even though it makes a buzzing sound.
After putting in a quantity, it buzzes again and says something like "I cant buy that."
I tested the pokemart glitch.
It seems that the pokemart just doesn't like the number 3.
Either buying or selling any item, the game crashes with the same message already reported, the key press and item identifiers may change, but it only crashes if the number 3 is enterd.
I tried all numbers from 1 to 10 and only the number 3 crashed the game.
3 can be enterd into the name field when naming yourself or rival and nothing bad happens.
This glitch is present in beta 1 (POKEMONclose1z.exe) dated 12/21/2013 at 11:07 AM. Tooltip gives file version as 1.0.0.2.
Oddly, it's not present in alpha 0.0.9.

Also found a few more text mistakes.
When resting in your bed it says Pokmon instead of Pokémon.
Gary says "I will make my Pokémon to fight to toughen it up." after you beat him in Oak's lab.
When getting the potion from the lady it says you "Re sevid one potion.
when turning on end-turn report it says "end-turn report was turn on."
I noticed these while going through the opening about 20 times.

Nice thing you did with the wind, but it keeps on playing when I enter a battle.
And, I know the rising and falling is to let us know north or south, and it's a good idea, but I feel like I'm in a snowstorm when walking down route 1.
I just got the new file, and I'll try some things out on it.
Also, my bandwith is kind of bad here at home, but once I read though the dropbox stuff and get it downloaded and installed, I'll get those songs to you. I'll let you know once that happens, most likely sometime Monday or teusday, it's satarday here right now.
I'll put the GSC tracks in, and the yellow to make up for the wait.

PS; your file names are weird. Oh well, at least we know which file is which.

2014-01-12 04:47:27

Hi, the version you're playing is not up-to-date, the wind sound indeed stops in battles (I tested it with the new link). The shop glitch is still there but at least things seem stable (for now, things are never stable in the world of software it seems lol)

I really appreciate your endeavours.

Yeah, I name stuff funny when I'm tired. Helps me differentiate the files visually. Yeah, that's something I can illustrate really well LOL

2014-01-12 06:30:34 (edited by bjaxstriker 2014-01-12 06:36:54)

Hey awesome that those fatal errors are fixed. Found a new glitch in the latest link. In the grass in route 3, at the very end of the route, the only pokemon battle in the grass makes a Farfetchd sound and says "wild level 0 male 0 appeared," attacking it works but says "enemy 0 took 1 damage" and after it faints your pokemon gains 0 experience even while the sound makes it sound like a lot of experience was gained. Strangely after the battle it doesn't crash, just resumes the game but after that the same thing is all that appears in the grass.

2014-01-12 14:38:14

Whoops, that's a minor oversight (DERP). I put in a lot of fail safes in so it would not crash if that happened, although the game will definitely crash if you try to catch it. It means I forgot to put encounter data there so it's empty.

2014-01-12 18:14:22

Hay Rachel, Me again.
I got the music uploaded now!
Ya! Go me!
I've sent you a pm with the link.
Please let me know here or by PM when you get the file and extract it.
I can give you the times later, but if anything, I could just E-mail them to you, but if you'd rather me upload that and the pokedex text; which I'm almost finished with; to dropbox, please let me know.
Hope you're well.

2014-01-12 19:37:56

hi.
This game is very, very, and again very cool, congratulations for you girl.
It is nice that you alr sighted and you are creating games for the blind.
Playing this game is the pleasure for me and I am waiting for more games from you.
I have a suggestion for you.
can you improve a feature which allows you to change the sapi voice,.
I have win 8.1 x 64 and I cannot change the default sapi 5 voice and I have to use a stupid voices from microsoft.

2014-01-13 16:56:38

Microsoft Anna is most likely the only 64 bit voice on your system, and windows only looks for 64 bit voices by default.

You can get to your other voices by using this command.
Open your run command from the start menu and paste this into the box that appears.

%windir%\SysWOW64\speech\SpeechUX\sapi.cpl

This will bring up the 32 bit speach control pannel where you can select another voice.
Keep in mind that if you go to the speach control pannel or start narator you will have to access the 32 bit version again to make your changes, so you might want to make a shortcut to the file above if you plan on changing voices a lot.

I good free alturnative to ana is espeak, but you might be able to find other voices out their.
If you have JAWS 8 or 9 or openbook 8, you hav a CD that has some realspeak sapi 5 voices on it.

2014-01-13 17:53:54

Hey guys, just letting everyone know that this is the last content update until the next major beta release. The next release will definitely have saving up and running so you can save your game files. I'm also modifying some of the maps to be a little easier to navigate. Thanks for the help guys.

2014-01-13 18:31:19 (edited by threeblacknoises 2014-01-13 23:41:09)

Rachel, did you get the file I sent you?
Did it extract Okay?
I want to know so I can take it off dropbox.
EDit; I guess so, so, never mind, it's in the latest version!
Wow! That was quick.
I'm working on documentation for times and such for that music.
Thanks so much, and you just did a quick drop-in and it sounds this good.

2014-01-14 04:59:38

That's awesome Rachel. I've been keeping up with all your latest news, but just haven't been saying anything. Excited for the first beta of the game to be released.

Like I said in the past, great job, and keep up the awesome work.

You can add me on Steam.
Here is my Twitch profile page Follow me if you want.
You can also follow me on Twitter.
Kong!

2014-01-14 09:49:01

Encountered this while running around route 3.

of  Step EventPlayer
for object notifynpc:

Push :: Execution Error - Variable Get -1.notifyID(100667, -1)
at gml_Object_notifynpc_Collision_65

Also, sleep doesn't seem to be working.  Even when that jigglypuff on route 3 sung someone to sleep, they attacked just fine the next turn.

2014-01-14 15:19:54 (edited by daigonite 2014-01-14 15:20:14)

Sometimes a Pokemon will wake up the next turn, also Sing has pretty low accuracy; I tested it in my game and it worked just fine. Also, some Pokemon might have an ability that makes it impossible for them to fall asleep, but I don't think you can get any of them yet. tongue

The other thing is a small oversight.

2014-01-14 20:18:19 (edited by threeblacknoises 2014-01-14 21:28:52)

Me again.
I plaied braillemon for an hour last night and found the following glitches.
entimidate still says enimy, even if it's your pokemon that is being effected.
the Pewter city pokemon center makes no sound; neither does route 3 entrance or Pewter's entrance from route 3, so it took me a little while to find them.
the trainer or person in the bottom right corner of root 3 just after I leave pewter; to the right of youngster ben, says nothing when I interact with it.
When any Pokémon uses a stat buff or debuff it should only be able to lower or raise a stat no more than six times, so if a move raises a stat twice, it can only be used three times. this has been true ever since gen 1.

I just looked at some of the pokedex text from x and y, and it looks like I hav more work ahead of me than I thought, as most pokemon have new entries for these games.
I have everything else, except for some rse stuff.
Should I finnish the rest of rse, or just send you what I have now.

Also, I found a neat way to extract all of the cries from the yello game. could you use those? or am I wasting my time with this idea?
New idea I just thought of!
The new cries from x and y could be used for shinies! seeing as blind people won't care about a color swop, and different cries would give a blind person the same vibe I imagine a sighted person gets from having a pokemon with a different color.
Just an idea, take it or leave it.
Pokemon bank still has no release date, so getting the rest of gen one's new crise will have to wait until bank comes out anyway.

2014-01-14 21:04:49 (edited by bjaxstriker 2014-01-14 21:06:53)

Aw I always liked the shiny Pokemon lol but I've got partial sight so yeah guess it makes sense for totally blind people.
I've been meaning to get clarification on this for some time but I thought when you get the Pokedex from Prof Oak you're also supposed to get Pokeballs from him, unless I'm thinking of a different version? And also when a Pokemon is paralyzed or its attack misses is it supposed to make the same sound as if the attack hit or is that a bug? ?

2014-01-14 21:42:00 (edited by daigonite 2014-01-14 21:42:16)

I don't have much time but

When any Pokémon uses a stat buff or debuff it should only be able to lower or raise a stat no more than six times, so if a move raises a stat twice, it can only be used three times. this has been true ever since gen 1.

Regarding this what move/ability was this with? each move has to be treated on an individual basis. I thought I got them all but I might have missed one.

2014-01-14 21:43:38 (edited by threeblacknoises 2014-01-14 21:48:49)

your thinking of GSC. Elm gives you five poke balls when you leave his lab after getting the pokedex.

In the normal games, no sound or animation is given if an attack misses its target.A different sound is used if a pokemon can't move to attack.
I imagine that Rachel just hasn't gotten around to putting that in to the game yet.

Rachel, regarding the attack sounds, I was using my sperow to peck bugs and other things last night, and the super-effective sound built into the peck sound kept confusing me as I'm used to the main games having different sounds for not vary effective, normal, and super effective moves.
I think, with a little bit of work, I could get some of those sounds for you as well.
I already have the message advance, open menu, saving and a redone trainer sound; the one that plaies when a trainer challenges you, done and ready to go, I'm just trying to get more of that pokedex text done so I can include it in the same file.
I have some cries from the game boy games sampled already.
I found them last night when troling through my pokemon music collection, and they've been their since 2010.
Silly me, I put the cries under music and that's why I didn't find them until yesterday.
I can send you the samples and see what you think before sampling the rest of them.
This will take a little longer than the music, as wave forms for sound effects aren't always perfect.

I just got your PM Rachel, and I can get you any GSC music you want as well. Just let me know what songs you need an consider it done.
If you ever need it later I can get you all of the rse/frlg music as well.
I dumped it from 2003-2006 using acual cartrages, a gameboy player and a mini disc recorder, I just have to loop it.

2014-01-14 23:16:50 (edited by daigonite 2014-01-14 23:46:19)

Dude, I just noticed your idea for the shiny cry thing and that's a totally rad idea. I like it a lot. If you get clean rips I'll credit you. (I forgot to credit you in the last version threeblacknoises, I took note to fix that, I'm just trying to bug patch lol)

The reason that the different status sounds (It's not very effective ect.) isn't implemented is due to a limitation of Game Maker's sound system, but I could do it on the same step the text is read, and develop a command that stops all attack sounds. Also, accuracy checks are done actually AFTER the text is displayed which is why there's the discrepancy with the sound. Yeah I need to change it lol.

2014-01-15 00:58:20 (edited by threeblacknoises 2014-01-15 01:01:24)

That's okay Rachel, credit will come when it comes.
Yes I can get clean rips as soon as bank comes out.
If you look in the file I gave you, you'll find some samples of the cries from x and y.
I can get the cries from yellow if you want them to replace the really bad 10khz cries nintendo used.

PS; the move was harden.

2014-01-15 02:09:40

Hey all! Rachel, thanks for your time again! And threeblacknoises, you rock!
Well, for some strange reason I can not run the latest update, but no worries, I'll wait for the nnext and see what happens.
Best regards, Haramir.

The true blind is the one who refuses to see.