2014-06-04 20:55:43

Nop, still no luck.  I'm still getting the no access point error.

Want to order food, but can't get out? Try this .
https://postmat.es/Tw5eUTrBn4

2014-06-04 21:51:35 (edited by daigonite 2014-06-04 21:59:35)

dedenne wrote:

Thanks to bjaxstriker for the suggestion. I shall try that.

I don't know if these glitches will go away is I start over on my save file, but just wanted to report two more things.

When put to sleep, my pokemon are still able to attack. I am pretty sure that is not supposed to happen, so I thought I should mention it. smile

Second small oddity, I used rair candy found in cave to grow bulbasaur to level 15. I was standing in the PC on route 4 next to MT. Moon. The game crashed and thankfully gave me this message.
of Create Event
for object movelearnover:

Push :: Execution Error - Variable Get 38.letsLearn(100606, -1)
at gml_Object_movelearnover_Create_0
############################################################################################

Again, thanks for all of your hard work
Dedenne

I just patched the error with the Rare Candy today. I'll investigate sleep again.

Part of the reason why NVDA support is taking so long is because my other programmer is being a bum. I haven't even been able to talk to the guy in the last few weeks. I dunno why. Hopefully he'll at least surface to provide the source since NVDA compatibility shouldn't be too bad.

Nino - the error is still the getTickCount64 error? Or is it that "No Access Point Error"? I've never seen the latter but the former was an issue that we haven't seen in a long time. How irritating. Again, this is an issue involving the external stuff which I have no source code on, so I can't even do anything about it if I could.

I'm going to go through the source files and see if I can tell exactly which extension is causing this issue. I wonder if its one of the unrelated-party extensions. I know that it is NOT
CleanMem.dll
SpeakString.dll
any of the MSV dlls

That leaves us with
Crypt.dll (we thought we fixed this issue previously but again, there might still be compatibility issues)
D3DX9_43.dll
GMFile.dll

The latter two are GM:S produced, so if they aren't compatible, games will simply not be compatible with XP. But I don't think that's the case. How frustrating.

you like those kinds of gays because they're gays made for straights

2014-06-04 23:47:10

What about Win xp? is any chance to support it?

2014-06-04 23:48:24 (edited by daigonite 2014-06-04 23:48:45)

The version of the savegame stuff, called Crypt.dll, was compiled under the XP toolkit, so it should in theory work. But it's not. We're investigating why. A big problem also is that my other developer is being all quiet again and it's impossible to talk to him about this stuff.

2014-06-05 19:35:13 (edited by daigonite 2014-06-05 19:36:18)

Alright, I try to refrain from double posting, but this next update is the final update for 1.0.3.0 before adding new content. Bug fixes:

-Rare Candy Learning Glitch
-A few Sleep Glitches (not sure if I got them all)
-Multi-Hit Attack Miss Glitch
-Stat Booster Glitch
-some stuff I might have forgotten about
-Mt. Moon Escape Rope glitch

Things added for this final update:
-Ding sound for clicking through menus
-Battle attacks make "not very effective" or "super effective" sounds properly now

Other notes:
-Reduced resource file size to under 50mb

2014-06-06 04:20:28 (edited by Kenzon Yeoh 2014-06-06 04:25:14)

Hello Daigonite,
I believe i found a few glitches:
1. I've noticed that some sounds are either too loud or too soft. For example, the wall bumping sound is too soft, where as the neutral hit sound is too loud. This sometimes will cause strange music glitches, like, after the neutral hit sound plays, the music volume will become "softer" because the neutral hit sound is too loud.
2. After i get the potion at the left-hand side of the tree in viridian city, in my items list i have a few SS Anne tickets. Let me tell you how i play it through step-by-step: First, i name myself and my rival. Then, i go to route 1 and Prof Oak asked me to go get a pokemon. Next, i've got Bulbasaur and we have a battle... Bla bla bla and i've returned oaks parcel and got the pokedex. Next, i went back to viridian city and go get the potion at the left-hand side of the tree, and that's when i had a SS Anne ticket. (By the way, i've noticed that the number of SS Anne tickets i got is the number of items i have. Say, i have 2 potions, so i have 2 SS Anne tickets. But sometimes, it gives me a random number of it. The first time i played, i've got 6 tickets.). Why's that?
3. I've noticed that there is an OGG file in the braillemon folder: Nightime_a.ogg. Maybe you forgot to put it in the source files or something? That's it for now i guess. If you need a savefile, tell me and i'll give you the link for both savefiles, one with 6 tickets and the other with 2 tickets. Thanks!

Team rocket's blasting off again!

2014-06-06 04:25:25 (edited by daigonite 2014-06-06 04:33:50)

Embarrassingly, I think I forgot to take out a debugging feature involving the volume. Every time you toggle F8 it will make a new item. Whoopsie! Anyways, I'll patch that real quick because it's a two second patch. I'm updating the game with some changes.

On the volume control thing, there's some errors with the music adjusting thing. I haven't really ironed it out yet. Sorry about that. It resets usually if you set the volume again by tapping the F9 or F10 button.

2014-06-06 04:32:16 (edited by Kenzon Yeoh 2014-06-06 04:34:36)

Hello again,
Sorry but i believe i encountered another error: if i let the pokedex show all owned or seen pokemon, if i'm on the first pokemon in the list and i pressed up arrow, it gave me this error: (Note: the glitch didn't happen if i press down arrow on the last pokemon. Also, it didn't happen if i let it show all pokemon):

of Key Press Event for <Up> Key
for object Pokedex:

illegal array use
at gml_Object_Pokedex_KeyPress_38
############################################################################################
Thanks!

2014-06-06 04:42:40

The link is being updated right now. It shouldn't crash now.

2014-06-10 16:23:01

I'm going to be going on hiatus again. A certain someone is being a complete idiot again and I can't obtain his source code. Don't want to go into details... ugh

2014-06-10 22:55:57

Hey Daigonite. I guess you probably have a database already but I found this site:
http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Main_Page
Perhaps it can be of some use.
Best regards, Haramir.

The true blind is the one who refuses to see.

2014-06-11 06:07:24

Take care, and I hope things can be worked out. Maybe you should ask for a back up of the source code if you are able to get a hold of him... Just a friendly suggestion.

2014-06-12 09:31:07

Hello guys,
Can anyone help me? I still can't seem to get out of MT Moon... Anyone had walkthroughs or something? Please help...

2014-06-12 16:10:13

What will the next update have? and why is the other person werking with rachle so lazzy? and sorry for spelling your name wrong.

PSN ID: AvidLitRPGer
Twitter: https://twitter.com/AvidLitRPGer
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/AvidLitRPGer
leave me a message saying how you found me.

2014-06-19 04:38:55

Hello folks! Rachel, I found a bug:
When we are hit by a thunder shock the game closes. I could'nt copy the error message, so, sorry for the incomplete log.
Also, I sent you a private message.
Best regards, Haramir.

2014-06-21 00:52:07

O look! I got an error, and i finally remembered to copy the error, before i hit enter on it.
This happened, while i was battling a Jigglypuff.

of  Step Event0
for object attackSoundFX:

Push :: Execution Error - Variable Get 37.part(100792, -1)
at gml_Object_attackSoundFX_Step_0

You can add me on Steam.
Here is my Twitch profile page Follow me if you want.
You can also follow me on Twitter.
Kong!

2014-06-21 18:09:05

i can't waighte for the next update.

2014-07-06 23:21:05

when will their be a new update for the game?

2014-07-07 00:44:50

Flame Elchemist, please hold on. It seems that Rachel is having some problems with the rest of her team. The best we can do now is wait and offer our support.
Best regards, Haramir.

2014-07-07 02:24:02

maybe you could release the sourcecoad yourself so someone could take over. I was thinking of implementing multiple soundpacks to choose from. at present the packs planned are original, fire red/leaf green, remastered (using midis from vgmusic), and anime.

be a hero and stop Coppa now!
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1Dkm … DkWZ8/edit
-id software, 1995

2014-07-07 06:08:32

Ammericandad, I personally don't think it would be a good idea, specially if we involve
anime properties. It would get us into more copyright stuff. The game is meant to be a port from the gameboy titles and doing so would break a bit of the feel for the original games.
Best regards, Haramir.

2014-07-07 06:20:33

For me the copyright issue has always been the only problem. Of course Braillemon should take after the Game Boy games but it would be so cool to have an anime sounds option along with the other choices. But as Haramir mentioned this probably wouldn't be possible anyway because of said copyright issues.

2014-07-07 07:54:16

lol personally, I'd love to see the game finished before we even think about sound mods. I can't wait for the next release, I literally just got the cascade badge. I'm also curious to see how trading will work, As far down the road as that might be.

2014-07-07 15:32:14

Well I haven't tried this one for ages and wanted to see where things were, along with creating a db page now that the db is editable again, the answer unfortunately seems to be riddled with bugs and unplayable.

I downloaded the game from the ldropbox link in the first post, braillemon 1030. The second it started I was asked to press enter if tts was running I did and got the below error, followed  by a game maker window which I had the devil's own job closing.

Assuming this was the latest version (which is dam difficult to tell, (I wish this game had a propper web page and a better way of finding the latest version than having to traul through several hundred posts and make a guess from a dropbox link),  really), I am slightly disappointed sinse I liked this project and wanted to see it work and the early beta I played was great:

of Create Event
for object gameload:

Error defining an external function.
at gml_Script_init_savegamer
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
stack frame is
gml_Script_init_savegamer (line 0)
gml_Object_gameload_Create_0

With our dreaming and singing, Ceaseless and sorrowless we! The glory about us clinging Of the glorious futures we see,
Our souls with high music ringing; O men! It must ever be
That we dwell in our dreaming and singing, A little apart from ye. (Arthur O'Shaughnessy 1873.)

2014-07-07 16:59:11 (edited by cj89 2014-07-07 17:01:28)

@dark that looks like a reeeeeally old version. The link to the latest one is:
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/535 … .0.3.0.zip