2013-12-15 00:26:31

Hi well, I just got RR2 and I love it!!! I  really havn't tested it fully yet, but I might do that here in a few minutes before I have to go somewhere. all though just one question. The multi player system. Is that hosted on a server that you are hosting yourself, or is it done by your hosting provider? just asking.

Jonathan Candler, A.K.A, Jonnyboy

2013-12-15 00:48:11

Hi guys, some answers for the last few posts:
gaita, as I replied before, please email off list about your problem and we will get it fixed, I don't do tech support on forums, it causes too much traffic, you can email me at:
[email protected]
  As to the 404 error, I am getting that fixed, just know that the purchases are going through, so no worries there.
  Regarding the licenses, for RR 1 I sent out lots of replacement keys upon request, and as far as I know, nobody was refused a replacement. Of course this has limits, I won't be sending out replacements every couple of months or anything, but I do understand folks have multiple systems and upgrade computers, etc. No worries there.
  As a dedicated gamer myself, I don't like the license key solution, but it is the only way to keep the pirates at bay, so it is a necessary evil from my standpoint.
  Thanks all,
  Che

2013-12-15 00:53:28

Hi Jonny boy,
  The multi player is hosted on my own dedicated server, which also hosts the blind adrenaline card room, where you can now play cribbage online btw.
  By using a dedicated server with over 99 percent uptime, we get the best performance and reliability. 
  It isn't cheap, but it is worth it for sure, and the card room subscriptions and price of RR keep it going.
  We will be holding regularly scheduled races online soon , and I am considering starting a forum just for online racing announcements.
  By the way, I included a new user track in the last RR 2 update called corckscrew, I need feedback on that track so it can be tweaked, then I will make it official so we can race it online.
  It is a cool track, and used both grade angles and nitro power ups, so you have to manage your nitros and fuel to get the best times.
  It is close to official, but I need to know what others think before locking it in.
  Take care,
che

2013-12-15 01:55:20 (edited by KG4RDF 2013-12-15 01:57:34)

Thanks for your honest words regarding licenses. Ok, I'm not sure how I got it into my head that you had to purchase replacement keys every time. I totally understand the need to not allow people to get to unlock the full game without paying for it. It's too much of a project to not get paid for. I think nobody who's even the slightest bit intelligent could argue with that. A strategic racing game for the blind was something I often wondered how I would implement myself should my brain ever decide to completely rewire itself and just love to code! Sure there have been racing games like Mach 1, KM2000, Top Speed etc. but those don't require any strategy in order to achieve greatness in the game. Plus, there are so many things to unlock! Also, I know the online side of things costs money to maintain, especially for a server with 99 percent garunteed uptime. I will definitely be getting this soon!

My opinions are my own. I try not to state them as facts and if I'm not sure about something, I do whatever research I can. I feel everyone should consider doing the same.

2013-12-15 17:01:02

hi. yeah, che was very good about replacing keys in rr 1. looking forward to grabbing the game later today, today having just started here, it's monday, about 1 AM here. so in about 16 to 18 hours che, you should be seeing an order coming in from me. just got to wait for my money to go in to the bank before i can make the purchase. but i am sooooo looking forward to getting my paws on this new version. it sounds rather cool.
btw, che, is there any new demo file, to hear the new sounds? i know it would just make me drewl even more to get my hands on it, but i want to hear what you've done to the sounds.

2013-12-15 22:36:17

Hi all. @che are you planning to have a learn game sounds menu to help us all out with the new sounds that have been added especially with the power up sounds. When I was playing RR this morning I wasn't sure if I was hitting a power up or something like that. All though, I do love RR 2 and I'm hoping to get some players online becasue Iwould really like to see how the online system works... Lol. Have a good day all.

Jonathan Candler, A.K.A, Jonnyboy

2013-12-16 10:01:18

ok che, you should now have an aditional $39.95 in your account! ... ehehehe. bouncing up and down waiting for my email with the game in it. ahahaha.

2013-12-16 11:40:56

Hi Che.
Would it be possible to have voice chat included in the online version of the game? Seriously, that would be really awesome! Just hold down a key and speak to the other people in the race. While waiting, you could talk with the others who are waiting. That would really pump up the social stuff in the game.

Best regards SLJ.
Feel free to contact me privately if you have something in mind. If you do so, then please send me a mail instead of using the private message on the forum, since I don't check those very often.
Facebook: https://facebook.com/sorenjensen1988
Twitter: https://twitter.com/soerenjensen

2013-12-16 12:09:57

yeah, or even make it sound like a radio. don't have it sounding hi quality like you would think. make it sound like it's coming over your car / pod's radio system. lol. and that would also cut down on bandwidth used to have the voice system, and you would only have to have it at rather low quality levels. kinda like what zello does on iOS. that would be awesome! that of course is another option for us to use, is zello. but it would be so much easier to have something built in, if it's possible, / if it isn't going to make things to hard for che. on the other hand, it owuld likely have to wait till a new version, as this one is basicly done. don't want to go adding something new now, to complicate the already most ready system.

2013-12-16 13:10:19

Oh yeah. Indeed. Low quallity in a voicechat would fit very nicely, and cut down the use of broadband. That would be epic! smile

Best regards SLJ.
Feel free to contact me privately if you have something in mind. If you do so, then please send me a mail instead of using the private message on the forum, since I don't check those very often.

2013-12-17 02:21:15

I believe he has a railracer channel hosted on his BA tt server tht is available for use.

The universe is a rain storm. We are droplets sent to quench the problems of the world, yet we are blown sideways by the winds of distractions.

2013-12-17 09:37:53

Nice. But Teamtalk isn't the same as if the voicechat was build into the game.

Best regards SLJ.

2013-12-17 10:35:17

hiya all. who would like to do a bit of playing online? ... i'm getting the hang of this game again sort off, though i havent moved on to some of the newer features as of yet. lol. still trying to get my hand back in on driving this thing properly. lol. but yeah, if anybody is interested, let me know.

2013-12-17 10:49:05

oh. btw, che? i love the corckscrew! it's awesome! very interesting trying to thread that power up.
good fun!

2013-12-17 12:30:54

hi all,

how can I use power ups in this game?
There is nothing about this in the game instructions

2013-12-17 14:15:06

Hi guys,
  As mentioned, you can use team talk, which also goes through my dedicated server.
  The host is
www.blindAdrenaline.com
  and the ports are default.
  As for running multi player races, I am considering starting a different forum thread just for posting races, what do you guys think of that?  This way, we don't clutter up this thread which is designed for more general comments and updates about the game.
  Finally, check the changeLog.txt file in your rail racer folder for all recent changes, including power ups. I will be getting the instructions page completely updated for the new version soon.
  Thanks
che

2013-12-17 16:09:30 (edited by keba 2013-12-17 16:21:42)

hi, yeah, something for online race meetups would be the way to go i think.

now, che, i have a few things to question here.
seem to be having some problems with the mouse curser moving around on the screen, reading things out during the race. lol. now either that's a new thing, or it's cause i'm using nvda.but i never seem to see this happen in swamp. so i am wondering how aprone made it so you don't seem to be able to mouse out of the swamp screen?
and just to confirm something i noticed, but am not 100 percent sure of, is the game now basicly peddle to the mettle? in other words, is there a need to slide forward to accelerate, or is it now always full speed ahead? because while using the mouse, i can't seem to break, let alone slow down. on keyboard, i can break while over 150 as talked of in the change log if i am not mistaken, but i can't seem to take the foot off the accellerator. lol.
so is this intensional? or is this a bug.
just want to confirm what is going on, so that i know it's not just me having ... uh, ... speeding problems. hahaha
good job so far though, i like it! it's responsive and it seems to be working well so far.
will keep you posted if i find anything new.

if anybody read the previous version of this post, ignore the thing about breaking with a mouse. lol. just found out how too in the change log. seemed to have missed it last time. grrr. it's really not been my day for gaming. ahaha

2013-12-17 17:01:42

Hmm, not sure what is up with the mouse reading things, haven't heard that one before.
  I am capturing the mouse cursor, so it shouldn't be wandering when that window is up.
  email me off forum and we'll take a look.
email is
[email protected]
  and yeah, make sure and read the change log you guys, lots of info in there about the new version.
thanks
che

2013-12-17 20:08:25

Hi Che and all,
Will you be setting up the automated tournament system too for online tournaments? I think that's a popular feature of your Card Room and I remember you were working on something like that for V1, so what's up with that system for creating custom tournaments and stuff?

2013-12-17 20:21:52

will you be setting up an automated reg system? I have just placed my order about 2 hours ago and am now waiting for my key.

skype name: techluver
Feel free to add me.

2013-12-17 20:48:37

Hello, i send you a email with my problem regarding Actve X object and can't run the game, help please.

Twitter
Add me on Steam
Discord: lirintheblindguy
BattleTAG: Lirin#21759

2013-12-17 22:12:07

there is nothing about how I can use power ups in changelog.
My problem is that the game info says power up missed.
How can I use power ups?

2013-12-18 08:22:23

@ darkSide, read the change log a little more, and you would see this one a fare way down. not having a go at you, cause i missed something yesterday too. lol.
here it is.
coppied straight from the change log.

added power rings to the track creator, so now a power ring can be included when you create a track.
  There is a new user track included in the update called power up, so you can check it out, it has 3 sections, the second section has a nitro power up and the 3rd has a fuel power up.
  The way this works is you define the point at which a  power ring will be inserted, and select which type of power up it will be, either nitro or fuel.
  As with the other track items, you'll hear an indication a power ring is coming up in 2 seconds, and to grab the power up, you'll need to jump between 30 and 60 feet as you pass the power ring.
  This will either give you a single nitro, or a full fuel re fill, depending on the type of ring.

2013-12-18 14:54:04

have seen the section,, but not read it to the end because I thought it was a instruction for creating tracks.

2013-12-18 14:55:34

and what did you missed lol?