2013-11-09 01:48:04

Hey everyone. I've been sitting here at the computer, whilst doing dishes, and got to thinking about something. I did a search for Madlib on this site, and the only result that came up was a prior post of mine, where I mentioned playing the Madlibs game on the AppleIIE. I'm wondering if such a game exists or if one could be created perhaps? I always had so much fun playing that game!

2013-11-11 11:14:09

Well jjgeek, I do know about the madlib game, however my problem is I'm not sure exactly whether it is! a game as opposed to just a computerised toy, since you don't get any score or challenge or real gameplay, even vaguely as in phrase madness or apples to apples.

This is why for example Jim kitchin's brain or reaction programs don't have entries, they just don't have enough actual gameplay to be considdered games. Heck, I'll say Godville was only just! able to count as a game through it's uses of god power, and the game that partially enspired Godville, Progress quest found here didn't at all.

Of course that's not to say such things can't be fun. I suppose I could create a category "toys" for things like progress quest and madlibs, (maybe move phrase madness and godville into this), although I don't know how many other programs I'd have to stick in there.

Any thoughts anyone?

With our dreaming and singing, Ceaseless and sorrowless we! The glory about us clinging Of the glorious futures we see,
Our souls with high music ringing; O men! It must ever be
That we dwell in our dreaming and singing, A little apart from ye. (Arthur O'Shaughnessy 1873.)

2016-05-21 05:58:08

Phrase Madness is now available for iOS as well.

2016-05-21 16:05:51

Ah okay, I'll update the page.

With our dreaming and singing, Ceaseless and sorrowless we! The glory about us clinging Of the glorious futures we see,
Our souls with high music ringing; O men! It must ever be
That we dwell in our dreaming and singing, A little apart from ye. (Arthur O'Shaughnessy 1873.)