2013-10-19 06:44:23

hi all i have a program that uses soft voice t t s i would love to have all voices of this tts in to n v d a since i know 0 coding so it would be better if some one will make it to work for n v d a screen reader hear is the file
https://www.dropbox.com/s/ovq5rl0dnjey9 … 20v1.2.rar

meat me on facebook azz
Yor's Animeshh Ahilya

2013-10-19 15:03:07

Hi.
I doubt this could happen since the program is so old.

I'm gone for real :)

2013-10-19 19:19:30

Hi.
Just listened to the shit talker app.
Hmmm its really old.
It sounds simular to the espeak system.
It may be possible at least to have it rendered as such.
I am not sure about all the voices espeak being a small footprint system could work and or maybe pico or festival all are opensource units.
I doubt vary much though that we could 1 run it on any modern os bar xp maybe it using vb3 runtimes sertainly not 64 bit.
I had a look at it and speech was nice but who knows.
I have posted the question at the nvda list but maybe if you ask them directly and say what it is maybe there could be an alternit I am just a user.
However every dev sorce hacker tester and general hacker exists on the list including the list admins which have direct contact with the master programmers so if there are any issues at least you may get something.
the other thing you could do is to go to www.nvaccess.org and create a support ticket which is posted to the project commit server.
That commit has access to all would be devs hackers and the like and users if they want them.
I know there are probably some hackers on here not sure about the nvda system though.
the other thing you could would to subscribe to the nvda-addons list I forget the address for now however every addon maker is on there.
If you want to become a hacker, you will need to know python, and download the appropriate libs.
Python.org is where you get python nvaccess do have a dev section on their site.
There is also a source distribution of the system either on cvs or git and a source package of everything but I have never seen it.
anyway we will see where this will go.
probably not that far but even so.

2013-10-20 06:03:06

hi all made a tikit i hope some one will make it

meat me on facebook azz
Yor's Animeshh Ahilya

2013-10-20 19:58:59

me, i like this sinth with NVDA, not N V D A

2013-10-21 02:05:36

If only becoming a hacker were that easy.  Someone go tell RMS he isn't a hacker until he downloads Python and the appropriate libraries! 

Although now I kind of want to divide up everyone on the NVDA contributors list into dev sorce hacker testers, general hackers, and master programmers.  This is all probably going to be soooo much less amusing once I get some sleep.

2013-10-24 07:29:04

hi i contacted by making a tic it for this they sed that it is not free so wee can not make it  so sad

meat me on facebook azz
Yor's Animeshh Ahilya

2013-10-24 12:31:45

Please, use punctuation, at least a period here and there.
Thank you.

To see a world in a grain of sand, and a heaven in a wild flower.
Hold infinity in the palm of your hand, and eternity in an hour.
William Blake - Auguries of Innocence, line 1 to 4

2013-10-25 16:46:28

Softvoice is free. However, you won't get it full stand alone on modern windows. The library is 16 bit so only works on 32 bit os. The only way to get softvoice or willow pond tts as it's also called, is to get the sapi4 synth called chatterbox, which is an English and Rusian version of the softvoice male voice. I know either Ghorthalon or Robjoy has softvoice as I recognize one of the voices as the same voice that was used in the speaker test for operation black square. But for now, this is all we have

2013-10-25 20:15:08

Hello everybody.
OK this is what I have to tell, so listen. Soft voice isn't free, it was sold as an SDK for developers. So, if someone wants to implement it in a solution, that person have to purchace the entire SDK library as the creators of ST did. by the way I tried that program and well, not bad since it has almost every characteristic of softvoice bundled with it, but a christian like me shouldn't use something like that, you know.
The company who made and distributed soft voice, called text2speech.com, well I don't know what happened with that company. Since 2007 til today, I see their website with the same content, so there isn't any updates. I said 2007 because in that time I heard about it, and also downloaded PW webspeak. If you want, you guys can contact them via the eMail address they provide in their website, but I don't insure they really answer cuzz as I said, I don't know if the company still exist or not.
Its not possible to create an add-on for NVDA like hey did with decTalk, because the difference is that most decTalk stuff  is under public domain, so you can still get this and that. that is not the case of soft voice, there isn't even a library available to play with it, and soft voice wasn't designed to work with SAPI, although I don't know why on earth text2speech promiced a sapi4 version of the package to be releaced soon. The only way to get it to work will be with a version compatible with Arkenstone SSIL, that'll make it to work at least with JAWS. The big problem is, there isn't any file with that old engine.
The only thing that text2speech made available for the public was a little text editor called Talk it, it used the bilingual english/spanish soft voice engine and API. that thing was made first as an example for programmers and regular users to show how it works, it was like a little showcace. But unfortunately they've not make any anouncement, the only anouncement you can see on your website is that the Windows version was releaced, but that happened in 1998. looks like tehy've abandoned the product and its distribution, as well as the company. Let me see what can I do and if there's any possibility to come to an agreement between Andysoft technologies, my little company, and them. though if they don't answer, ladies and gentleman, we have another bavisoft! and here comes mister Sebby to act and make his job, LOL.
But for now, the only solution I see is, if ya wanna have softVoice and its nice and different voices, try PW web speak, its a dinosaur and can't do too much like our modern browsers, but its great and cool. It can even be used with decTalk and sapi4, but the decTalk command in the .ini file never worked to me. The browser worked just fine on Win XP, I dono how good its gonna be with WIndows7, I haven't installed it yet and I don't use it for ages, LOL.
Or, if you prefer, try talk it, though for a screen reader user its very hard to make it talk, because the interface itself is accessible, but the buttons to make it talk and select the voices, didn't work.
Finally, and Gorthalon correct me if I'm wrong. The FL studio music software, from earlier versions when it was called Fruity loops, includes a little set of voices from the softVoice synthesizer, bundled as a library. I know FL studio isn't very accessible, but we're working on a set of scripts for it. OK the point is, I think Gorthalon could use something like this for the speaker test from operation black square, cuzz I recognize the Colosus voice. This voice was also very used in many radio stations of my country

Jesus Christ is the way, the truth and the life. he gives to the human being complete joy and happyness. Why don't you receive him today?

2013-10-26 07:56:30

jack wrote:

Softvoice is free. However, you won't get it full stand alone on modern windows. The library is 16 bit so only works on 32 bit os. The only way to get softvoice or willow pond tts as it's also called, is to get the sapi4 synth called chatterbox, which is an English and Rusian version of the softvoice male voice. I know either Ghorthalon or Robjoy has softvoice as I recognize one of the voices as the same voice that was used in the speaker test for operation black square. But for now, this is all we have

hi i googled it but not able to find it, can u surch it for me? if yes then it would be nice for me thanks

meat me on facebook azz
Yor's Animeshh Ahilya

2013-10-26 23:08:21

Jees man, well, I think I've explained everything clearly, isn't it?

Jesus Christ is the way, the truth and the life. he gives to the human being complete joy and happyness. Why don't you receive him today?

2013-10-27 08:23:42

Andy93 wrote:

Hello everybody.
OK this is what I have to tell, so listen. Soft voice isn't free, it was sold as an SDK for developers. So, if someone wants to implement it in a solution, that person have to purchace the entire SDK library as the creators of ST did. by the way I tried that program and well, not bad since it has almost every characteristic of softvoice bundled with it, but a christian like me shouldn't use something like that, you know.
The company who made and distributed soft voice, called text2speech.com, well I don't know what happened with that company. Since 2007 til today, I see their website with the same content, so there isn't any updates. I said 2007 because in that time I heard about it, and also downloaded PW webspeak. If you want, you guys can contact them via the eMail address they provide in their website, but I don't insure they really answer cuzz as I said, I don't know if the company still exist or not.
Its not possible to create an add-on for NVDA like hey did with decTalk, because the difference is that most decTalk stuff  is under public domain, so you can still get this and that. that is not the case of soft voice, there isn't even a library available to play with it, and soft voice wasn't designed to work with SAPI, although I don't know why on earth text2speech promiced a sapi4 version of the package to be releaced soon. The only way to get it to work will be with a version compatible with Arkenstone SSIL, that'll make it to work at least with JAWS. The big problem is, there isn't any file with that old engine.
The only thing that text2speech made available for the public was a little text editor called Talk it, it used the bilingual english/spanish soft voice engine and API. that thing was made first as an example for programmers and regular users to show how it works, it was like a little showcace. But unfortunately they've not make any anouncement, the only anouncement you can see on your website is that the Windows version was releaced, but that happened in 1998. looks like tehy've abandoned the product and its distribution, as well as the company. Let me see what can I do and if there's any possibility to come to an agreement between Andysoft technologies, my little company, and them. though if they don't answer, ladies and gentleman, we have another bavisoft! and here comes mister Sebby to act and make his job, LOL.
But for now, the only solution I see is, if ya wanna have softVoice and its nice and different voices, try PW web speak, its a dinosaur and can't do too much like our modern browsers, but its great and cool. It can even be used with decTalk and sapi4, but the decTalk command in the .ini file never worked to me. The browser worked just fine on Win XP, I dono how good its gonna be with WIndows7, I haven't installed it yet and I don't use it for ages, LOL.
Or, if you prefer, try talk it, though for a screen reader user its very hard to make it talk, because the interface itself is accessible, but the buttons to make it talk and select the voices, didn't work.
Finally, and Gorthalon correct me if I'm wrong. The FL studio music software, from earlier versions when it was called Fruity loops, includes a little set of voices from the softVoice synthesizer, bundled as a library. I know FL studio isn't very accessible, but we're working on a set of scripts for it. OK the point is, I think Gorthalon could use something like this for the speaker test from operation black square, cuzz I recognize the Colosus voice. This voice was also very used in many radio stations of my country

u can play with this file
https://www.dropbox.com/s/ki1303658wrro … 0voice.rar

meat me on facebook azz
Yor's Animeshh Ahilya

2013-10-27 18:01:38

thanc you! and, how to add this sinth on NVDA?
sorry for my english!

2013-10-28 00:56:03

I clicked the link and nothing is there. What is Soft Voice anyhow?

Ulysses, KJ7ERC
She/they
Reedsy

2013-10-28 05:35:48

I would assume, ya place these files within the System 32 folder, or the speech folder, both under the windows folder. Have not tried either one myself yet.

2015-03-29 19:31:55

I also found a program called note talker that uses softvoice. http://grossgang.com/tts/old_software_s … Talker.exe

2015-03-29 23:03:49

hi.
it's a version in spanish?

Luis Carlos Gonzáles Moráles, from Panama!

2015-11-24 06:38:49

There is now a version of the softvoice addon that has pitch control and includes both english and spanish languages. It can be found at jeffs nvda addon reposatory or on my web sight.

2015-11-24 18:09:55

it's on jake gross's site, if you want it.

be a hero and stop Coppa now!
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1Dkm … DkWZ8/edit
-id software, 1995

2015-11-24 23:12:37

Hello! Well, its problem is still the same. Whenever selected from the speech synthesizers, it, just doesn't do anything, NVDA works fine, you can open voice settings and everything, but the voice doesn't read. This was, and is still the case, from the first day the add-on was released. Other friends I know also have the same problem.

2015-11-24 23:21:12

Make sure you have turned language switching off. There was a version for a while circulating that was completely broken, but if you now get it either from Jake's site, jeff's site or My dropbox it definitely works fine.

<Insert passage from "The Book Of Chrome" here>

2015-11-25 07:08:38

disable automatic language detection to fix the problem.

-id software, 1995

2015-11-25 09:07:41 (edited by Slender 2017-07-23 17:21:32)

Also here's a link to a modified SymbolsEn file that will let you pass commands to SoftVoice. https://drive.google.com/file/d/0Bybs6V … sp=sharing After you download it, place it in your config directory, usually c:\users\username\AppData\Roaming\nvda, and overwrite the file that's already there. Then restart NVDA. You could use this text to test if SoftVoice commands are working. {{voice male}} I am {{voice oldwoman}} switching voices in the {{voice nerd}} middle of a {{voice martian}} sentence. Also while you're at it, head over to c:\program files(x86\nvda and delete the file named builtin.dic. Then you could send commands like {{f0range 4000}} this funny command that makes SoftVoice sound very animated. Enjoy!
PS
If you'd like, you could view this list of over 30 commands you can embed in the text at http://grossgang.com/tts/old_software_s … manual.zip

Oh no! Somebody released the h key! Everybody run and hide!

2015-11-25 18:01:31

thanks!

-id software, 1995